Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So envious, have a great time and if you get to Toronto don't go to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, if you do don't tell me........or get me a hat.................I so much want to go to that place and go for a flight in a Lancaster ,B25 or Firefly, all 3 would be nice .:clap2:
Plenty of pics of the big catch, I have my fingers crossed for you......:amen:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Point Cook and Tyab have some great aircraft, so does Temora in NSW and the FAA museum at Nowra , I can get a flight in a Tiger Moth or T28 up here but a Firefly or Lancaster, the only place in the world is Canada.......Should have built a cheaper house.........

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Come to the sunny coast and have a look at the Caloundra Museum, not over flash but they have an F111 to look at!!

I grew up in Nowra, I used to ride my pushbike to HMAS Albatross when the Melbourne was home and watch the planes coming in and would spend most weekends there just watching planes, still in my blood, I have been on almost every modern commercial plane flying except the A350 but Cathay have some now so it won't be long :) even went to watch the A380 being built last September and walked through a Concorde (with a tear in my eye)

DRW

May 29, 2013
And now for something completley different, , had my 6 week post surgery x-rays this morning, doc reconds I'll be fishing in no time :)

IMG_1667.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Have been to Caloundra a couple of times, waiting for the Beaufort restoration to be finished for my next visit.......Used to stand on the flight line and watch the Skyhawks, Trackers and choppers at Albatross as well as on the carrier, amazing to see them close up doing their thing.........HARS at Albion Park, NSW is another brilliant place for airworthy aircraft.
Great spot for info: http://www.warbirdsonline.com.au/tag/warbird-restoration-projects/

Your pic just came up, yuck !!!!! you don't do things by halves @DRW

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey

DRW

May 29, 2013
Yes Albion park has the Qatnas 747 which holds the world record for the longest commercial flight also, I actually won my first diving competition at the pool at Albatross, small world isn't is @Drover? we need to catch up at some stage we might just share some of the same friends

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
So envious, have a great time and if you get to Toronto don't go to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum, if you do don't tell me........or get me a hat.................I so much want to go to that place and go for a flight in a Lancaster ,B25 or Firefly, all 3 would be nice .:clap2:
Plenty of pics of the big catch, I have my fingers crossed for you......:amen:
We went to the airforce one in Salt Lake City utah and if the one in Canada is anything like that I would definitely go

Reactions: DRW and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep @DRW have to have a beer before Xmas at least, if we can't match up any names we certainly will have some laughs trying......Oak Flats boy originally and spent some years at Nowra and Husky during and after my Navy years...Founding member of the SFWDC and that was a long time ago.

Reactions: DRW