Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We think that everyday, went for walk in pine forest this morning, then laid back in our chairs with coffee and couldn't decide to have afternoon coffee at the beach or estuary...decisions, decisions...................might do both...............end of May might be spent at Airlie Beach, same thing differn't beach.......

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We think that everyday, went for walk in pine forest this morning, then laid back in our chairs with coffee and couldn't decide to have afternoon coffee at the beach or estuary...decisions, decisions...................might do both...............end of May might be spent at Airlie Beach, same thing differn't beach.......
Im not sure that people understand the blissful and significant differences enjoyed, doing the exact same thing at slightly different places .... plus how tiring that can be. I may need a nap

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
We went to Rainbow Beach and in the beach car park were about 10 ASLAV's with some of my fav bang sticks hanging off them, the crews were enjoying some time in the surf, they had been at the Tin Can Bay Ex area as you could here the music of gunfire over the weekend................would really like to have a run in one of those beasts and a Bushmaster, I think they would be a vast improvement on the old APC.............................amazing that there were heaps of back packer sheilas sunning themselves and not a lot of other blokes around.......except for an old coot with his NAVY hat on.................

Jags73

Mar 25, 2016
Angle Vale SA
A bit windy hey @Bluey & wet
Mate's caravan pk at Moonta SA
13102613_512881138906737_8862427898864968709_n.jpg

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We tried the Heron air con on heat again today. Needs must as we are cold!

Tried it a few weeks ago when it was 3deg and thought it was useless so gave up but so cold today we decided to give it another go....got tired of adding more layers.

Yippee....it worked well! We had it on the wrong setting. What idiots.

Motto..read rhe damned directions before moaning and suffering.

Diesel heater is now deferred....land we are warm on a powered site.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
We tried the Heron air con on heat again today. Needs must as we are cold!

Tried it a few weeks ago when it was 3deg and thought it was useless so gave up but so cold today we decided to give it another go....got tired of adding more layers.

Yippee....it worked well! We had it on the wrong setting. What idiots.

Motto..read rhe damned directions before moaning and suffering.

Diesel heater is now deferred....land we are warm on a powered site.
Which model heron do you have ? The 2.2 is not a real reverse cycle aircon it has a heating element for the heating side

Reactions: bigcol and Jags73

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Which model heron do you have ? The 2.2 is not a real reverse cycle aircon it has a heating element for the heating side

I think it's the 2.2 and knew it wasn't a real reverse cycle aircon but hoped it might pump out some heat at times when required. We rarely use aircon and thought it was an unnecessary indulgence and even asked if we could option the van without aircon. Changed our minds due to effect on resale value.

Then, since buying the expanda, we have found ourselves in both extreme heat and cold (not extreme but cold for us) so we're happy that we've now read the destructions. It pushed the temp inside the van up about 8 deg in 30 minutes last night so we smiled.

At home we mainly go unpowered so enjoy the cool breezes through the van but, when on the road, we're now happy to cool down and warm up artificially.

It's a different style of camping, this touring lark, so it's nice to know another appliance works as it should.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We've arrived home to sunny Queensland and it's definitely warmer, drier and less windy than south of the border.

Temp is about 10 deg higher!!

I know it's self indulgent but the difference...at least today....is noticeable.

That's till we get our next cyclone, flood etc etc.

It's great to travel but it's equally as great to be home, except for cleaning vans, cars and the pile of washing. Now to plan the next trip.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Everyone in Qld originally came from vic ;)

No we are from NSW originally, well I am, I rescued the Bride from Melbourne last century, Now Canberra is really full Victorians, we just have heaps of them during the winter months.................at Elliot Heads there are people who book a stay of 2 months or so regularly, they head south when it warms up as it's too hot here in summer.................

Oooh, Oooh...........Sign contract on house build tomorrow, hopefully the paper work moves fast and they start making holes in the ground mid June.........................also means we can start moving, was going to stay put and save money but going troppo, feeling like trailer park resident, yuck.