Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So look out the window and think damn Victorians, drizzling rain still........................just what I need, pre pack today as we roll up the coast for a break away from house stuff for a week or so, camp on the beach.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Rain is good really, most of us need it...............so long as it's not bucket loads though, am over that type of thing, plus I don't live on a hill now.
Still raining this morning, fold up the awning, wind up the legs, hook up the Colorado and do a little jaunt to Tannum Sands for a bit of a break.

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
A few drops here in the Wild West tonight but heavier expected for tomorrow..... Looking like it'll hit the South coast more than in Perth! Just need it to move inland for the farmers.

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
0300, been absolutely pouring down with a touch of thunder and the odd flash and I don't mean crusty181, watertight integrity of Big Mal is still A1 so my maintenance months ago must have been good as this is the second bit of Noah rain it's handled, if this keeps up may need to think of a hull underneath.................may have to unsling The Yakeriffic for our tour of Tannum Sands in the morning.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We've just had over 150mm since last night.....with more to come.

Water right through the shed and all drains bubbling. Very pleased we had our pumps replaced a couple of months ago.

Now to try to dry ourselves out but hope we don't lose power ....that's a glass half empty approach so, for a glass half full, we still have power and the tanks are now full and the garden well and truly watered.

:fish2:

:smow:

:emptybath:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Just checked the guage at 10:00, 135 mm since same time yesterday. Supposedly, the worst is yet to come. :violin:
I managed to crack the LED screen on my laptop a couple of nights back so now have it hooked up to the TV via an HDMI cable. Will cost between $300 and $600 to repair (not a warranty job but less than 12 months old). HP will give me 20 percent off a new one if I don't want to fix it. Decisions. :ranger:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Just checked the guage at 10:00, 135 mm since same time yesterday. Supposedly, the worst is yet to come. :violin:
I managed to crack the LED screen on my laptop a couple of nights back so now have it hooked up to the TV via an HDMI cable. Will cost between $300 and $600 to repair (not a warranty job but less than 12 months old). HP will give me 20 percent off a new one if I don't want to fix it. Decisions. :ranger:

I bought a new screen online, some mob in SA I think, was easy to replace once I figured out how to pull it apart......would be able to give you a link but I dumped it a couple of weeks ago in a bookmark clean up ........

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Going to be a lovely day here tomorrow....so they tell us.

Ended up with over 200mm in gauge today so tomorrow will be a drying out day, I hope.

We only used three changes of clothing...all wet as we dashed in and out checking stuff.

All good now.

:director:

:couch2:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Hope those south of us, currently in the path of the rain band, stay dry and safe.

:bathbaby:

Our rainfall exceeded the 280mm level but I'm not exactly sure as our gauge overflows at 140.

Big winds today and power lines down so, if you get the rain, I hope you avoid the winds.

Send the rain to Crusty....he's missing it.

:boink:

Reactions: Tone and Crusty181

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Good arvo.......it has to be somewhere as Hill End was a bit ordinary......
1.jpg

Entry into Hill End
2.jpg

The view!
3.jpg

Love it when a track disappears into the trees.
20160605_113729.jpg

Bugger, I thought about it. ...... but a bit too greasy for doing alone.