Good Morning , Good Afternoon , Good Evening

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Ive sort of gone off the 20s but the misses is still keen one came up yesterday in melb half hr from me 2016 20 57 grand i texted him saying will look at it on saturday arvo mind you it was for sale for 6 hrs yesterday text this morning carnt look at it on saturday cause its sold i got no chance evan if i realy want one
Wow so quick

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Gotta love Aust Post, yesterday I get the text my parcels are being delivered that day, of course I'm miles away so when I get home after thinking thats fast work, Sydney Monday arvo, here on Wednesday arvo, 4 parcels posted together in Sydney, of course the smallest has arrived, 2 brackets with spanner, the other 3, well 2 of them last seen Monday night in Sydney and the other turned up in Brisbane yesterday arvo............ I knew it was too good to be true and my maate really helped by saying 4 parcels, posted at same time means they will arrive a week apart so end of month I should have them all.............. while a small spring sent from adelaide a week ago is still on the bullock mail cart.
hey, keep us updated. Hopefully, they will all arrive eventually

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
hey, keep us updated. Hopefully, they will all arrive eventually

Well AustPost (the bustards) ruined my whinge, yesterday before lunch the parcel bloke turns up with parcels 2 and 3, I said to Ole Mate where's #4, about 1330 he turns back up with it, the express post truck which comes to town about lunch time had it, he knew I was waiting so rolled back over to drop it off, nice fella so thinking I'm on a roll here I ring up the shop in Gympville, the post from Adelaide has arrived, chasing this part for 3 mths, numerous emails and phone calls badgering this supplier, so a quick run to the smoke, all is well with the world until this morning but thats another story.............

Sydney to North of Brisbane in 3 days, unheard of................... just something from Brissie can take a week and a half.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I slept in basically a site shed with air cond and a bed in Kakadu years ago.
Beats a tent anyday.............................................. Because I got to the base early my oppo and I got a cabin in the old construction camp at Katherine, 2 beds, AC and a Fridge with a porch, shear bliss, the later arrivals had 10 man tents, blow thru Air and a wet towel, best 3 month bivvy I ever did........................some people pay a squillion to live it......... didn't even have to cook.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Another postal adventure parcel should be in the mail tomorrow from the USA, I wonder how long it will take to get here.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
That fella that made the stonestomper is he still on the fourm i just typed his name but nothing i thought he went by the name stonestomper ?????
Because i got one on my 17 but i take it off would it fit a 20 with extended draw bar mines extended just thinking
i would think that if the both are extended it should be ok .
i used the same one from my expanda to the silverline

Reactions: DRW and Bluey

AussieNick

Feb 9, 2021
Darwin, NT
Think its a bit slower with this Covid, only Fed Ex available, I think it left for Hawaii last night...so maybe next Wed.....

Darwin and Ice Hockey ????????????????????????????????????
Haha, yeah you wouldn't think it huh.

Guy opened a rink 2 years ago around the corner from the airport, nothing huge, it's half the size of a normal ice rink. But we got 4 senior teams off the ground, juniors as well. I started and ran the original association before handing over the reigns a year ago. Heaps of ex-pats in town who play so it's an awesome social sport now. Even had a local team travel to Adelaide this year and win the C grade in the Adelaide challenge cup.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Haha, yeah you wouldn't think it huh.

Guy opened a rink 2 years ago around the corner from the airport, nothing huge, it's half the size of a normal ice rink. But we got 4 senior teams off the ground, juniors as well. I started and ran the original association before handing over the reigns a year ago. Heaps of ex-pats in town who play so it's an awesome social sport now. Even had a local team travel to Adelaide this year and win the C grade in the Adelaide challenge cup.

Thats something else @AussieNick certainly not the Darwin I knew, well I was last there in '92 and was gob smacked from the changes I saw since the '70s.........

I was wrong about the post, Fed Ex sings from the same book as Aust Post, 3 days it took for myparcel to travel 700 miles and yesterday it was sitting 20 miles from where it started went from LA to San Francisco then back to LA, always used USPS before, 3 days it would be in Brisbane............ oh well its fun to look at the tracker.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good Morning all from Fraser Island, I dont care about the fish or politics, its bluddy lovely here.......

Been near 6 months since last run......

Message_1613166880724.jpg

1613167218070-1430808505.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Good Morning all from Fraser Island, I dont care about the fish or politics, its bluddy lovely here.......

View attachment 66407

View attachment 66408

I hear ya fella. Thank goodness for being able to get into the boat I say, not too many bites but hey could be worse .....

20210213_103644.jpg

PS. The Captains chair in your ship looks a lot more comfortable than those 2 seats up the front there

• Haha
Reactions: Drover and davemc

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I hear ya fella. Thank goodness for being able to get into the boat I say, not too many bites but hey could be worse .....

View attachment 66409

PS. The Captains chair in your ship looks a lot more comfortable than those 2 seats up the front there

Attachments

• B3ED130A-3646-483B-B877-F6B25D7EE955.jpeg
    B3ED130A-3646-483B-B877-F6B25D7EE955.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 154

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

The Skipper needs a good pew...................................... those up forward are for when I'm locked in fighting to land the latest Monster Toad or barnacle encrusted branch, sometimes a slippery, scaly thing may get tangled on the hook as well..........................................

Available at my favourite fishing shop.................. on special for $59
They issue a catalogue 4 times a year, wonderful reading.

Reactions: Crusty181

AussieNick

Feb 9, 2021
Darwin, NT
Thats something else @AussieNick certainly not the Darwin I knew, well I was last there in '92 and was gob smacked from the changes I saw since the '70s.........

I was wrong about the post, Fed Ex sings from the same book as Aust Post, 3 days it took for myparcel to travel 700 miles and yesterday it was sitting 20 miles from where it started went from LA to San Francisco then back to LA, always used USPS before, 3 days it would be in Brisbane............ oh well its fun to look at the tracker.

Oh man, the changes since then, you wouldn't recognise the place now.

Reactions: Drover

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland

View attachment 66407

View attachment 66408
Damned glad to be back in the sunshine state tomorrow afternoon. Raining all day here in Sydney. This is a great place to come home from. :behindsofa: