Done with the inner spring mattress

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
We have the innerspring as well but have not found any issues with ours feeling uncomfortable or hard etc. Whilst not as comfy as are Queen bed at home we both slept like a log. My parents in law slept down the other mattress and said that they had no issues either.

If after the mattresses have been used a bit they become uncomfortable, we have decided that we would purchase either a 600gsm or 800gsm mattress topper and see how that goes. Christmas time will sort it out as we have 4 weeks in the van. :)

ants

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
While we might of tried them for a night at home and they seemed OK, we are now on our maiden trip from Melbourne to Byron Bay via Warwick, QLD. After two very average night's sleep as a result of hardness and zippers, it was off to Clark Rubber in Dubbo. After spending over $400 for queen bed memory foam and cover, we have a great bed. Only issue now is folding the bed end back in is difficult as all the bedding is too thick. When we get home in a few weeks, inner springs will be chucked, and a new foam base that with the thickness of the memory foam will match the crappy innerspring mattress. The drop over the boot locker will also be levelled by raising the boot lids (hopefully).

Next job will be to place a classified
For Sale - 2012 Expanda Inner Spring Mattresses. Only slept on three times!

Angus

Apr 13, 2012
Brisbane
We are on our maiden trip in the van and before we left I went and purchased the deluxe eggshell mattres top from pillow talk these are a lot more denser than their premium one and a bit more thinner therefore a lot more easier to fold up. The result is great you don't even feel the seams and haven't even heard a complaint from the wife so it must be ok. I had to trim these down to suit and used the off cuts to fix the height differences between the joins of the mattres.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
I know this has been covered a few times but for what its worth..............when our Expanda was still under warranty I tried a claim on the innerspring (an option on the 2010mdl) and they said its not going to be covered and yep I asked more than once.

We only have innerspring on the front the rear is foam, I wish it was foam both ends :frusty:
we have our van back after warranty work and hooray both the IS mattresses were replace under warranty! Off the Beechworth this weekend for a test....
Will provide an update!
Cheers :typing:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Thank you John for your wizardry in making our new foam mattress.
We have taken the van away for a short trip to Bacchus Marsh.
First thing we did was set up the bed and we have been lying on it since. We may just have to throw a do not disturb sign on the door and just lie around all weekend.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
If only we could have yesterday's weather. I am up here with my father and his van also. Before he could tie his awning down the wind grabbed it and ripped the awning of its hinges.

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
we have our van back after warranty work and hooray both the IS mattresses were replace under warranty! Off the Beechworth this weekend for a test....
Will provide an update!
Cheers :typing:
Update all,
Well we spent the weekend at the great lake Sambell van park in Beechworth, fair drive from home for a quick weekend i must say but a great park, very clean and great showers ect, they put on a grand final bash with a huge screen and projector in the camp kitchen with heaters and a sausage sizzle, a great sense of fun and community had by all.
Now onto more important things... the matresses that were replaced last week under warranty from Jayco, we added a basic egg shell and the woolen underlay as per the last mattresses and with some trepidation i went to bed and to my surprise and even after not really thinking they would be much better than the original ones i was comfortable, slept well and did not wake or have any back issues, same for my 37week pregnant wife too, so very surprised and pleased!!!
Page bros Jayco did let it slip that since going in as standard the quality had been an issue, perhaps thats why they did replace them, i still dont get the 3 pieces rather than having just 2 with a join down the middle rather that one down your back but for now we are all go with the new!!
I would suggest if ypu have issues with your bed and your van is in warranty and the mattresses are crap push for them to be replaced.
Fitted all the LED lights, made up one clear plastic waterproof bed fly and fitted the carbon manoxide detector unit between the footy, beers and a nice campfire!!
Now to welcome a new child to the fold and then off for 2 weeks in Eden and onto Pambula for the Christmas break!! :baby:

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Howdy Paul,
Was your entire street Panda free this weekend or just yourselves went away? Surely we have to strike it lucky soon with the good weather matching a weekend?
Brad

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Glad to here the new Mattresses are so much better Paul ! We are waiting for our van to be delivered hopefully next week and have allready purchased an egg shell topper under the advise of most others on the forum.
What was Page Bros like to deal with as that is where we are getting our Panda from ?
I did see your Rig in there last week, "Looking Good", we were just browsing around and waiting in oar and to check off what we still need.
Good Luck to You & Your Wife on the new edition, Hope all goes Well !!!

Cheers Glenn

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Howdy Paul,
Was your entire street Panda free this weekend or just yourselves went away? Surely we have to strike it lucky soon with the good weather matching a weekend?
Brad
Ahhh yes i forgot you know the street! 2 out of the 4 were away! and thats from a possible 12 homes!!

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
Glad to here the new Mattresses are so much better Paul ! We are waiting for our van to be delivered hopefully next week and have allready purchased an egg shell topper under the advise of most others on the forum.
What was Page Bros like to deal with as that is where we are getting our Panda from ?
I did see your Rig in there last week, "Looking Good", we were just browsing around and waiting in oar and to check off what we still need.

Cheers Glenn
hey thanks for the thoughts mate! page bros were ok to deal with, i was there for a few warranty things no big issues other than the mattresses but when there they told me that you void your warranty if you dont do the first service done i reluctantly agreed to have it done because its $195 to grease the grease nipples, wheel bearings and tighten the wheel nuts, i am since to find out that that is not the case, in fact its against the law to do or state that so i will be havinh another conversation with them about that....
good luck with your new van, cheers

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Mattress is great thanks John.
The size we made it is as large as you would want to go. Folded up it fits nicely also.
So all in all, very happy.

Simone said you wanted some details about the hayman Reese towbar. You still need details?

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield

Cheers Glenn

Cheers mate!

bellabelinda1976

Aug 10, 2012
Here is an interesting update for all you folks...you will note from a previous post, a month or so ago I went on a phone rampage to Jayco Bayswater and Bayswater Head office regarding the shitty mattresses. Well I dumped the mattresses at Jayco Bayswater and wrote an email to Jayco Head Office and after a lot of stuffing about, we got a cheque for $500.00 as a goodwill gesture. I recommend everyone not happy with their mattresses, rather than just replacing them (which is what we did - forked out another $1200 for two new mattresses through Beds Direct in Epping) and getting nothing in return, state your case and don't accept no. It isn't a warranty issue, it just puts Jayco on notice that they cant get away with putting cheap quality products, I was happy with the $500....

Reactions: Antman