Cruza Drivers OUTBACK EXPANDA 16.49-3 Trips and Mods

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
Always an adventure when you go away CD! Thanks for sharing, as always great photos to inspire us all.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
With the forcast yesterday (Monday) of 33.C and Tuesaday 35.c I decided the best way to spend it was to get the Expanda back out of the shed and head back to Rubicon and sit by the river. My original plan was to stay at a different camp ground there but river access wasn't as good as the main campground.

After spending the afternoon sitting by the river it was time to cook dinner in the Weber Q.
There were afew more people around who must of had the same idea but still plenty of room to spread out. The other difference was the March flies that were the size of the Kookaburra's, the warm weather must of brought them out, yet it still beats being at home

A nice shady spot was chosen
011.jpg
View from under the shade of the awning
028.jpg

037.jpg
Breakfast Weber Q style
042.jpg

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
After hanging out in the river again this morning we headed over to Eildon for an icecream in the afternoon and a look at the spillway with water sitting at about 97%, it was great to see.
A great vantage point from East Lookout
062.jpg

060.jpg

066.jpg
A view stats about the history and size of Lake Eildon
069.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Still jealous. :caked: Started raining here Sunday and has hardly stopped since. 128mm so far. And still no van, just waiting for the new tent for the pop top, I'm told. :ballchain:

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
G'day Glenn

It depends on where we are going if its a quick overnighter and I dont fell like taking the chainsaw and it looks like it could be wet I'll raid the wood shed at home and put it in the back of the Cruiser.

Or when we get there I'll do a quick wood run and pick up any fallen branches etc and throw it up on the roofrack. We have been faily lucky of late though and there is sometimes wood already left from a previous camper. We do the same and only burn what we need.

:tea:

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Cruza.

I just wanted to say thanks for posting up all your holiday pics and stories. It feels like a holiday just reading your thread.

I cant wait to get out and take my lot for a holiday now.

Heading down to Jervis Bay after easter, then Maroochy after chrissy.

Still deciding on a September holiday spot.