Chookys new Tug

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
I fitted a set off eaby, looks exactly the same. Seems to seal up well, and gett bugger all dust in when the roof vent is open on the canopy to help. By far my best mod down that end of the car is a tailgate strut, everytime pull the handle and let it lower itself down i get a smile on my dial.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
I fitted a set off eaby, looks exactly the same. Seems to seal up well, and gett bugger all dust in when the roof vent is open on the canopy to help. By far my best mod down that end of the car is a tailgate strut, everytime pull the handle and let it lower itself down i get a smile on my dial.
What strut kit did you fit Matt, that's definitely on the list.

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
What strut kit did you fit Matt, that's definitely on the list.

Got one off Wolf 4x4, real good quailty. I first went the route of an ebay one from thailand. Didn't end well, lasted half a dozen times. Got my dollars back though which was a bonus. There is a big difference between the two quality wise, go the EZ down at wolf.

I just went looking for it and they also now do a lift assist one, says it lowers and raises weith one finger. Might be work a bit of research, they are heavy buggers to lift and shut

Reactions: Chooky

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Got one off Wolf 4x4, real good quailty. I first went the route of an ebay one from thailand. Didn't end well, lasted half a dozen times. Got my dollars back though which was a bonus. There is a big difference between the two quality wise, go the EZ down at wolf.

I just went looking for it and they also now do a lift assist one, says it lowers and raises weith one finger. Might be work a bit of research, they are heavy buggers to lift and shut
Thanks Matt I'll check it out.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I have found The Gas Strut guy on ebay to have good gear, bought a few over the years and worked well no failures.
Price good too

Reactions: bigcol

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
:D Still waiting for pics of seal and may be also the fitted strut.
Couple of photos of seal kit @Marv_mart , sorry it took so long.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide

Hi, got a pic of your 'strut' for me? No, not that one, he, he :D

Reactions: dagree

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Does the seal cover all of those gaps properly? Looking good. They just seem to stick on so surfaces would need to be cleaned very well I would think.
Yeh it's not 100% covered, you can still see a little bit of day light through the striker area but I'll have a bit more or a play now I know what I'm looking at. And yes they have stick on backing on them so it needs to be cleaned with a alcohol based type cleaner.

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Yeh it's not 100% covered, you can still see a little bit of day light through the striker area but I'll have a bit more or a play now I know what I'm looking at. And yes they have stick on backing on them so it needs to be cleaned with a alcohol based type cleaner.
@Chooky do you have a canopy vent installed? I found my rubber kit left a few gaps but there is even a bit where the rear glass meets the tailgate there is a gap in the corners. The vent when open fills the canopy area with positive air pressure this keeps the dust out. I've been on a few dirt roads so far and next to no dust ingress at all.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
@Chooky do you have a canopy vent installed? I found my rubber kit left a few gaps but there is even a bit where the rear glass meets the tailgate there is a gap in the corners. The vent when open fills the canopy area with positive air pressure this keeps the dust out. I've been on a few dirt roads so far and next to no dust ingress at all.
No not as yet @navmatt but I have read on a couple of forums that they work well, did you fit yours or did it come with it.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I ordered mine with it, well under a hundred if I remember. I am thinking of getting another at the front for that bit extra. From what I've seen it would've easy to fit, a drill and jigsaw should be all.
Pic please.
Definitely installing the sealing kit. I also noticed a gap where the glass meets the tailgate in the corner hence my request for pics to see if the sealing kit resolves that dust problem. Did you say the vent was ordered with the canopy? Is there an after market product? Where from? I got my canopy with the BeasT when I bought it from Mazda.
Cheers

Reactions: Chooky

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Pic please.
Definitely installing the sealing kit. I also noticed a gap where the glass meets the tailgate in the corner hence my request for pics to see if the sealing kit resolves that dust problem. Did you say the vent was ordered with the canopy? Is there an after market product? Where from? I got my canopy with the BeasT when I bought it from Mazda.
Cheers
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This is an ARB vent, can buy direct from them for 70 ish I think. Would fit any canopy that has a flat area. Would just have to remember to close it if it's raining