Chookys new Tug

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Interesting... The Colorado has these "pockets" under the back seat too. Didn't think there was enough space for a battery but it could be expanded. If it could, really ingenious spot to put it!

Be lucky to fit a couple of Dolphin batteries under the back seat on my Colorado.................

Reactions: Chooky

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
How big a battery can fit in there? I got the Mazda/ redarc unit which sits in a steel box behind the right wheel arch in the tub, can fit a 100amp/h battery in there. Pretty happy with its performance but I have a Ctek DCDC charger laying around so I am throwing that at it soon to get a fuller charge to the battery. I run the van off this battery too negating the voltage drop from the long cable run and the unfortunate flat cranking battery that can happen.

Didn't even know there was a cavity under there! Will have to check it out
I think it's only a 55amp/hr optima but I'll only be running a fridge off it so it might not be to bad. Not sure what to do. @navmatt i might have to check out your second battery set up.

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
So it looks like pick will be the end of the month, need to wait that long for the canopy. Didn't want to pick it up without all the accessories fitted.

Reactions: cruza driver

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Well here it is before it goes to get its ARB makeover. It's gunna be a long 3 weeks wait until we get to pick it up.
image.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
3 agonising weeks no doubt, thankfully I was able to upgrade mine myself, I couldn't handle 3 weeks, 2 days was bad enough.

Reactions: bigcol and Chooky

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
3 agonising weeks no doubt, thankfully I was able to upgrade mine myself, I couldn't handle 3 weeks, 2 days was bad enough.
Yeh I could've done it myself as well @Drover im a mechanic by trade so normally do stuff myself, but I thought stuff it I'll get someone else to do it this time. Will be nice to just drive in with the old and out with the new. There will be a couple of things I'll still do myself but most of it will be done.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I know what you mean @Chooky , being retired it has taken me over 2 weeks to have the Colorado fully set up, well until funds resupply, but if I was still working it would take ages and the lights would have been on in the shed to late at night and to just say I want this, do it would be nice. If I had the patience.
Well they will do the basics but the special mods and finishing touches will be in the future.......................my biggest pain is I can't find a workshop manual for mine.

Reactions: Chooky