Chookys new Tug

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Well I never thought I would be doing this but I'm joining the BT50 club, when they first come out I really wasn't a fan of the styling at all but after seeing @navmatt and @chartrock BT's at the meet at Airlie I must say when they are decked out with accessories they look quite good. So after a few test drives a deposit was put down on one and a list of accessories was added to the order. Now the wait begins, I'm hoping for a pick up in a couple of weeks as they have the colour we want in stock.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Well I never thought I would be doing this but I'm joining the BT50 club, when they first come out I really wasn't a fan of the styling at all but after seeing @navmatt and @chartrock BT's at the meet at Airlie I must say when they are decked out with accessories they look quite good. So after a few test drives a deposit was put down on one and a list of accessories was added to the order. Now the wait begins, I'm hoping for a pick up in a couple of weeks as they have the colour we want in stock.
I have two rear window shades for sale fit really good Mazda product well done hope your happy with it

Reactions: Chooky

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You getting a Tub or Tray back @Chooky , those 2 got me going for a new rig also but I chose the tray back easier to stash the gear I think, though I did go a Colorado. Now the waiting, waiting, waiting.......................................lol.

Reactions: Delano

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When I was doing the WALK looking for a new rig, 2nd hand though, I noticed that the tub liners seemed to cause a lot of problems with sealing of canopies with rust and wear to the tub where those that had the Rhino paint job done showed no problem, I was most impressed with the Rhino Paint job. Really check out the seal of canopy to liner and liner to tub as I have come across some bad fittings, just can't recall which brand .

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
List of extras are.
Colour coded Arb deluxe winch bar
Tub liner
Safari snorkel
Arb colour coded canopy
Arb colour coded rear step/towbar
Arb 140ltr long range fuel tank
Uniden UHF
Redarc Tow-Pro
Old Man Emu 2" lift
Tint
Electronic rust protector
Headrest DVD,s
Reverse camera
I think that's it :)
Forgot to add the GVM Upgrade as well.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
What No Rack ?????????????????.............Actually will all your mob fit ??

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
What No Rack ?????????????????.............Actually will all your mob fit ??
No, no rack at this stage but probably will down the track. We will all fit bar the eldest who doesn't come with us anymore as he has his own car and licence now.

Reactions: bigcol

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Ha, yes I was thinking at that age going away with the "old's" is really not done.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Actually I plan to pull out my tub liner and sell it and will probably do the same with my Aeroklas canopy as I want to fit some drawers. I had not planned to fit them but I can't figure any other way to carry my "stuff". The tub liner will be in the way as well as redundant as I intend to put a sheet of ply down under the drawers and the canopy, while nice and stylish, is a bit low for drawers with a fridge slide.

Reactions: Drover and Chooky

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Has anyone with the BT put the second battery under the back seat like this.
image.jpg

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
You won't regret the buy @Chooky, just got home today from a week out at glenden then elphingstone. And every time I tow with it I become more impressed. The OME suspension is the ducks nuts, don't even need the WDH anymore and honestly it tows that well that sometimes I kinda forget I'm towing 3t behind me. Today I had to give it a boot full a couple times to get around a few caravans and once around I was surprised to see $1.20 on the speedo no worries at all. I think the 3inch exhaust helps out a fair bit too, can recommend it as an add on to the already extensive lists of mods...but where do you stop!!!

Last edited:

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Has anyone with the BT put the second battery under the back seat like this. View attachment 33536
How big a battery can fit in there? I got the Mazda/ redarc unit which sits in a steel box behind the right wheel arch in the tub, can fit a 100amp/h battery in there. Pretty happy with its performance but I have a Ctek DCDC charger laying around so I am throwing that at it soon to get a fuller charge to the battery. I run the van off this battery too negating the voltage drop from the long cable run and the unfortunate flat cranking battery that can happen.

Didn't even know there was a cavity under there! Will have to check it out

Last edited: