Burnsie's Unexpected 17.56-2 Outback

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
I know my van n car are different, but mine doesn't sway and I don't use the wdh

@Smirke you will have no problems with the new beast :)

Haven't noticed any sways at all at any speed so far (Apart from the odd semi coming the other way).
Used to get a few small sways happening with the old 16' with WDH but nothing major.

cool @dagree thought yours looks pretty level, assume the ESC would have kicked in if it was more than a sway and the WDH probably doesn't help with that too much.

Also popped into Caravanland today and ordered another battery and wheel rim, it is a never ending purchase cycle for this trip, can't imagine next weekend at the show....might not be allowed back in the house ;)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
assume the ESC would have kicked in if it was more than a sway and the WDH probably doesn't help with that too much.
Damn well hope it would kick in o_O
Nope the WDH won't help a lot if a sway does start... I am surprised the number of people I have spoken to think the WDH is also a sway controller!!!!!!

Reactions: burnsie and bigcol

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey @Smirke , @dagree & @bigcol got another rim as a second spare for the van for the upcoming trip, Caravanland only sells the rims....no tyres have to grab one from a local tyre shop. so will have two spares for the Prado and now two spares for the Expanda.........(once I get the tyre fitted that is, and yes being alloy they might break not like steel you can't hit it back into place with a hammer and the tyres aren't the best but should do especially with two extras....hopefully)

The tyres on mine are only 15inch, would have preferred 16's but it was floor stock......post my trip let me know if any of you need a second spare happy for you to use on your trips (if you have 15 inch tyres that is)

Hopefully I won't need it but some of the tracks better to have just in case :)

didn't fall asleep @Smirke , was still writing my list for the items I want to get at the show......up to item number ......OMG so many

yeah will be leaving the family at home, hoping to head to the show on Sat & Sun want to try and see everything and enter as many comps as possible to get some freebie's, but of course get the latest updates from the different areas up north and from interstate, should be a good show this year

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Just ordered one of these, hopefully with the upgraded suspension and bags I can get away without the WDH as currently it sits pretty level using the standard 50mm ball, but will see how it sits, if not will invest in the WDH adaptor. Would prefer not to cart around a full WDH kit which weighs quite a bit.

View attachment 39565

Hey @dagree how does your site currently with your hitch and do you find it sways at all on the highway at higher speeds?
@burnsie where did you get it from ?