Boating and fishing

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Im thinking , I wonder how many fish are out there...Rods hanging up in shed... IMG_20210816_103904.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: mfexpanda

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
All the planets and weather aligned today, the local Vegetables havent added fishing to the lockdown restrictions yet so "a boating we will go". 5km and 2 hour limit, so rich enough to live near the water and lucky enough to not own a watch it was a wonderful day (I mean 2 hours :D)

So what makes a wonderful day, mild, no wind, light swell, empty ramp c/park and fish going absolutely nuts. At one stage i had to park a rod just for a breather. Then got both rods going off, standing on the butts while holding the other rod trying to pee. First world problems

20210910_135647.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Oh, it happened alright. Ive never seen one man take so many damn fish, it was truly inspiring. It was so frantic i was ripping in fish almost faster than i could cast. I left my detachable 3rd camera arm in the car and being solo, working the sounder, chasing the bite, making the coffee, and running all the gear, taking pictures for you lot was the last thing on my mind.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Oh, it happened alright. Ive never seen one man take so many damn fish, it was truly inspiring. It was so frantic i was ripping in fish almost faster than i could cast. I left my detachable 3rd camera arm in the car and being solo, working the sounder, chasing the bite, making the coffee, and running all the gear, taking pictures for you lot was the last thing on my mind.
In other words, "it never happened." :boink:

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

I can fully relate to that ..........................

Reactions: Crusty181 and DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Whats going on up there young fella arnt you allowed to shave is that a rule from your leader wish Dan would declare that

Queen Anna would only bring that in if it made a feel good headline........... Nah, I think around the beginning of the year I thought stuff this shaving caper I'm going back to a beard, close trimmed and its bluddy great no stuffing around with shaving, infact that was why I had one for most of my Navy years......
Bonus is I look even cooler....8-)8-)8-)8-) ........ looking like an old salty sea dog hasnt helped the fishing, still hopeless.....:becky::becky:

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Whats going on up there young fella arnt you allowed to shave is that a rule from your leader wish Dan would declare that
Nice to see good OH&S practice, never know what damage that monstrous fish could do to your hand if you wern't wearing that glove!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nice to see good OH&S practice, never know what damage that monstrous fish could do to your hand if you wern't wearing that glove!

More to pretect me from the hook .......... I'm pretty good at jagging myself....... You do know that comment will come to mind each time I use my glove, so not often then.................

Reactions: Johnanbev

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Queen Anna would only bring that in if it made a feel good headline........... Nah, I think around the beginning of the year I thought stuff this shaving caper I'm going back to a beard, close trimmed and its bluddy great no stuffing around with shaving, infact that was why I had one for most of my Navy years......
Bonus is I look even cooler....8-)8-)8-)8-) ........ looking like an old salty sea dog hasnt helped the fishing, still hopeless.....:becky::becky:
All crusty olde FV captains look the same ... some even named so

photo_20210913_080608.jpg