Just Browsing Bed ends........ and cold..........

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
How did you make and attach those bed end covers..they look great![/QUOTE

Here is a link to a previous post I did on another thread that goes into a bit of detail on what I did. They work really well and are just simply secured with press studs.

Az

image (2).jpg

image (3).jpg

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Go north in the winter problem solved

thats what she wants, I wanna go south to the forrest's...........

In answer to the original question, I remember someone on here used those foam roll-up yoga matts around the canvas end for insulation...thought that was a pretty good idea..

sounds interesting, I will look at that for sure...........

also took out the small piece of mattress along the edge. Makes it a lot easier to make bed and ensures you can tuck everything in tight, also stops the cold migrating through the mattress

yeppers, one of the first Mods when we first got it

We bought a Sterling, problem solved lol
But the matress topper did help a lot
Stirling dont have the room for Daughter - she travels with us
and
we have a thick mattress topper...............

what about an electric blanket never liked them myself but many people do ????

SWMBO suggested one, but I am not a great fan of them......... keep folding them up, and they become dangerous........

Reactions: dagree

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Currently sitting in van somewhere South of the Antarctic Circle (which sits at the NT/SA Border I believe going on the current temperature at Lake Hart). No way I'd use the front bed in the WnP down this way so we are both on the rear bunks, and of course with the DIESEL HEATER on.

Now that we've well passed last years debacle trip I might soon post a Trip Report as soon as I fix the pictures up.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
do that all the time mate, they are there, they fit, so they both go on

the dog would like that idea @Bluey , however, SWMBO wont let the dog on the bed when she is with us

twas just her upper body that was getting cold
we tried a blanket in between the wall and the frame holding the bed up, but she was complaining that the coldness was still getting through

what to do, what to do.............
Invest in an electric blanket for the van!!!!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Invest in an electric blanket for the van!!!!

what about an electric blanket never liked them myself but many people do ????

SWMBO suggested one, but I am not a great fan of them......... keep folding them up, and they become dangerous........

as the mattress folds in the 1/3-2/3 position, the elecy blanket would be folding in the same spot all the time
this makes that point weak, and gives it the ability to either ZAP me, or set fire to my living quarters

neither of which sound terribly appealing to me.........

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
WOW
did you buy a diesel heater @Crusty181 ???????
you kept that quiet..........................

Shhhhhhhh .... i dont want everyone to know. Only the ones that have seen the stickers, t-shirts, belt buckle and crop circle

okies mate, I wont say a word about your new exacerbating diesel heater that cost an arm & leg and 1 pint of blood
lucky at that price though, could have had to sell one of your little Crusty's to pay for it

Reactions: DRW

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Having had a Hotel room electric blanket blow up at point of entry to blanket, while I was in an liquid induced state of sleep, some decades ago I will not use them again. I was lucky enough to slightly awake and turn it off at the wall and fell asleep again just as quick. In the morning I saw that it was a scorched mess that could have been fatal. The now available smoke detectors haven't changed my mind.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
You can get electric warming blankets .( think that's what you call them. Blankets that get plugged in and go on top of the bed).