Just Browsing Bed ends........ and cold..........

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
bit of an update of ideas..........

@Wanda has suggested Flannelette doona cover

@Capt. Gadget has suggested Aircell insulation

@Crusty181 (Mr Kinkmonster) suggested wrapping SWMBO in bubble wrap
(to do WHAT I have no idea.....(well I do, but dont have a TV in the Van to watch at the same time)......................... :o)
he also suggested a diesel heater - although in Wait Awhile I dont know why...........

@twscoot suggested those sun shades for the windscreen cut to fit

@Bluey also suggested the Dog - (not allowed on the bed)
or cuddling - (been married to long for that Bluey...........:o)
or an electric blanket - not keen on one of those
or one of those camping mat / mattress cut to size

@Mustang also suggested a Yoga mat (whats Yoga - Yoda's brother? crazy must be to do....)

@Gibson suggested going north - but we have been doing that for the last 20 odd years - I wanna go south for a change

@cruza driver suggested a single electric blanket for SWMBO side............

if I have missed any "plausible" suggestions, sorry, let me know so I can update

currently we have already fitted and in use..........
privacy screen (black mesh one) - stays on, so I use it
Jayco bed end covers - get fitted on once we park and start to set up
egg shell mattress thingy
mattress protector / cover
Flannelette sheets
thick flannelette blanket from top of bed frame to mattress

Not sure how i made it onto the plausible list .... but ill run with that

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
what about the old favourite hot water bottle !!!!!!!!! u can keep getting up the putting hot water in it for her think of the great food she will make you mmmmmmmmm when you remind her the things you do for her ahhhh maybe not

Reactions: bigcol

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
I used those snake door stops and before I got them a rolled up towel. We have the Jayco weather proof end now and they keep out the cold beautifully.

Reactions: bigcol

04diesel

Oct 20, 2012
brisbane
I sleep on that side dont seem to notice the cold too much, the problem we found was the cold coming up through the matress. We ended up putting a survival blanket under the matress held in place with double sided tape to the lift up platform. It stays in place when the bed is folded up. That made the biggest difference.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
I use to use those long sausage door stops. Stuff them between the mattress and the canvas. Seemed ok. We now have our Jayco waterproof covers and they make van very toasty.

Jolly

Jun 7, 2023
Tasmania
I know its an old thread, but it has us some ideas to fix the Tassie cold coming through the mattress. We bought half a dozen of those silver windscreen shades from Shiploads and some lock together foam mats from Bunnings. I put a layer of the shades down, then the foam mats and another layer of shades.

It has worked a treat and cost less than $50.

Reactions: skippy