Aldi Specials?????

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
I wish I hadn't seen that aldi advert! I'm trying to abstain from buying stuff and this comes along. I have that little bug zapper and use it a lot in the caravan at night.

Any ideas on how to find the specs on that 100ah battery?

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
I wish I hadn't seen that aldi advert! I'm trying to abstain from buying stuff and this comes along. I have that little bug zapper and use it a lot in the caravan at night.

Any ideas on how to find the specs on that 100ah battery?
Good luck on any purchases you want last three items I wanted all did not arrive because of logistics issues, they then sit on their late delivery site the after a few weeks just dissapear another victim of covid?

Reactions: davemc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Notice some good gear coming up again, WED 30th March has recovery gear, which is quite good, a 400w invertor good for laptop charging and on Sat 2nd April what I have been waiting for Canvas storage Bags @ $20, they are certainly better quality than the Kings and others I have seen, cordless bug zappers and a 160w solar panel, I know the panels are good mine is getting on to 5 yrs old I reckon, of course chuck the regulator, even have a 100ah lithium battery, I wonder how good that will be, spotting scope and a spy cam.

thanks for the heads up @Drover. I wouldn’t mind some of these canvas bags, I don’t know what for yet but I am sure I can find a use.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
thanks for the heads up @Drover. I wouldn’t mind some of these canvas bags, I don’t know what for yet but I am sure I can find a use.
I want them for putting the awning screens in and maybe a floor mat as mine are beyond saving... Compared mates Kings with his Aldi ones , liked the Aldi better.

Reactions: KECL and MDS69

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I Googled the same thing but missed seeing these informative reviews, most interesting, most reviews being Yank I turn off early as they drive me nuts but these were done well, learnt some stuff and was quite happy that he had the same views regarding charging, usage, blutooth and AGM/Lithium compar's...... I think I will go AGMs next ............ Don't want to gamble my hard earned and I can't afford better quality Lithiums..... Good find @jazzeddie1234

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Time again .................. Saturday 21 May up here......
Caravan cover , Awning front wall and end wall screens, wide anti flap clamps, annex mat, alloy folding step, 32" 12v TV and other goodies including a 100ah AGM battery and a10-15amp adaptor with RCBO......................
The awning screens and floor are very good value and quality, the step is great and mine are all lasting well ........................ what will turn up of course is another thing and not all states are the same...........

Last edited:

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Thanks! I need to replace my privacy screen as the old one fell apart.

I have those wide deflappers but they only lasted one trip. They don't grip the awning that well because the pivot point slowly deforms. In the end I gave up and returned to my trusty strap that runs from end to end and ties down on the angled side arms

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
The end privacy screen from Aldi was a rectangle shape, I was hoping for one that had an angle shape at the top to suit the shape when the awning is out ie. to connect to the Aussie Traveller Anti-flap kit. I do not think Aldi make the shape I want but otherwise the one I bought is a couple of years old and works fine.

Reactions: Bluey and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I do like the big screens,price and having the 2 sizes of runners, then it fits the awning barrel and will fit the sail trak on the other sid eof van and won't pull out, half price to others is a great attraction as well........................ I even use them as patio screens at home, rivetted sail trak to the gutter fascia and just slide them in, some flush eye rings on the concrete for tie downs....... keeps the afternoon sun at bay quite well..... doesn't look daggy either...

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Ok confession time - who bought what?

I broke a serious tradition to not be there near opening time.... Bought a 4.2m front privacy screen and a 1kg extinguisher. Lots of items on the stock delayed list though

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hasn't stopped raining since about 0300 so stayed at home, 100km round trip in the rain not going to happen, hope theres something left next week though but not in any desperate need as I have what I want... then again...

Reactions: jazzeddie1234

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Geez covers will never fall apart from uv in Yamba.4.5 months of rain.Nthn NSW .However had two ADCOs $350.00
lasted 14 months before falling apart.Plus two Prestige lasted 11 months,both over $300.00 ,plus 3 year
warranties,got replacements under warranty for both brands.You would think when companies give a 3 year
warranty the product would last .! Both brands rubbish.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Got another caravan cover. Last/current one is falling apart, about 3 years old.
That sounds like the life of most of them at least the Aldi ones are a reasonable price.........................

Geez covers will never fall apart from uv in Yamba.4.5 months of rain.Nthn NSW .However had two ADCOs $350.00
lasted 14 months before falling apart.Plus two Prestige lasted 11 months,both over $300.00 ,plus 3 year
warranties,got replacements under warranty for both brands.You would think when companies give a 3 year
warranty the product would last .! Both brands rubbish.
Think it would be a bit like that up here, this year mould would be the big thing, possibly be a problem all the time as we have a heavy dew every morning when its not bluddy raining of course and I have to regularly pull awning out to give it a clean .......... Just never tried a cover the trapped heat and with the dew, pollen, dust, mould its an ongoing battle to keep things clean and a cover means more work............... Joys of country living....

Reactions: MDS69

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The Princess and I grabbed a coffee this arvo at the bakery next to the local Aldi. I Broke a rule and decided to have a look. They had 10mtr food-grade van hoses. Bunnings used to sell the Hills version but I recall the last time I went looking for one they were a little thin on the ground so I grabbed two Aldi versions, not quite as supple as the Hills but will likely come in handy if just for the garden I suppose.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
The Princess and I grabbed a coffee this arvo at the bakery next to the local Aldi. I Broke a rule and decided to have a look. They had 10mtr food-grade van hoses. Bunnings used to sell the Hills version but I recall the last time I went looking for one they were a little thin on the ground so I grabbed two Aldi versions, not quite as supple as the Hills but will likely come in handy if just for the garden I suppose.
Mrs CR tried 2 local Aldi stores Saturday morning just for a hose but none available in either. Must have shipped all to Melbourne.