Aldi Specials?????

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The canvas storage bags are back again in various sizes at $24.99 the small ones are 2 packs................... I have a couple for my screens and flooring, far more durable than others I have seen......... also have sleeping bags and a swag along with some fishing gear..

QLD Catalogue has them for 27th Aug 22......

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 13-12-38 Special Buys Sat 27 August.png

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
The canvas storage bags are back again in various sizes at $24.99 the small ones are 2 packs................... I have a couple for my screens and flooring, far more durable than others I have seen......... also have sleeping bags and a swag along with some fishing gear..

QLD Catalogue has them for 27th Aug 22......

View attachment 68559
and has the quality all been ok?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
They seem to show only the Clear top ones rather than the full canvas setup.

The catalogue showed a wider selection, from small storage bags to large tent pole jobbies.... of course will depend on which Aldi gets what i suppose, will see at Maryborough this weekend whats on offer as I will be going thru town then.

Reactions: chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
This Saturday Sept 3rd in QLD they have the vehicle awnings @$149, good unit, the recovery Traks $129 for the bogged Toyota's and Snatch strap, Off Road block etc for $39 and some other good bits including the FWD floor mats, ow these are just as good catching sand and dirt as the $80 jobs with logo but are $20 a set, mine I find are brilliant and both vehicles have them, we live in a sand pit so they get a lot of work..........

The gear is good and I can't see why I should pay 3 times the price for something thats probably come form the same factory just for a logo......

Reactions: chartrock and MDS69

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
11th Feb 23 in QLD, the caravan goodies are available again, steps, covers, screens, awning floor etc ............ the alloy step are good value..........

Reactions: Boots in Action

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
They also have a 100Ah AGM deep cycle battery ($199) and a thermal cooker with a 12V heating element and 240v power supply $99). Both have a 12 month warranty. We have had the thermal cooker for many years and use it all the time.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I missed that cooker, that would be handy, also the smoke alarm and O2 sensor are good value, I would like the 24" smart TV 12v or 240 ....and certainly the bug zapper.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
I missed that cooker, that would be handy, also the smoke alarm and O2 sensor are good value, I would like the 24" smart TV 12v or 240 ....and certainly the bug zapper.
Remember to take cash for Aldi purchases as they apply a card surcharge.
Also, make sure you keep your dockets to ensure you can return any items within 60 days for a full refund, and if you need to make a warranty claim.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Cash ? Cash ? I vaguely recal such an item, all card around here .... the fuel I would use to get cash would be more than the surcharge...

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Remember to take cash for Aldi purchases as they apply a card surcharge.
Also, make sure you keep your dockets to ensure you can return any items within 60 days for a full refund, and if you need to make a warranty claim.
@Drover , you don't really need cash, that paper folding stuff!! If you have a Savings account attached to your card, you can select "savings" and payment will be deducted from that account and avoid paying any fees. No "tap and go" though. Insert card, select "savings" and put in your PIN and away you go wiithout paying the 1% Aldi charge for paying by using "credit" card. We have been doing that for years. Our local GP now charges extra to cover Credit card charges as do an increasing number of other merchants. Time to save yourself a few dollars. Just make sure you have funds in your linked Savings account!!

Reactions: mikerezny

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Cash ? Cash ? I vaguely recal such an item, all card around here .... the fuel I would use to get cash would be more than the surcharge...
I very, very seldom pay a card surcharge. Perhaps once over the past 5 years. All purchases are on the credit card if accepted and no surcharge. Otherwise cash or bPay.
We have a small cash reserve for this purpose and when it gets low, we get more cash from an ATM when we are next passing by one. We certainly don't make a special trip in the car to visit an ATM.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yes gentlemen fully aware of these various ways to pay for purchases but we just slap it on the credit card or PayPal, no fee on card and if the business charges a fee its not a drama, all paid off each month, we have no bank within 60km and 2 holes in the wall which may end up as one though there is Woollies........... Just paying bills they hit a surcharge just a part of life, except for my electricity mob not only cheapest rates but no surcharge so that is a win.......... Bills all paid online with Bpay or PayPal, well unable to do it any other way anyhow........... Credit card or PayPal has added security if skimmed I found........ Have a stash of cash when on the road but in small notes not 50's as some small towns actually want correct amount or card as they don't have access to change, never thought I would see the day but its coming, places don't have anywhere to deposit or get cash without a long drive...... Around here business's have to use the Post Office (for a fee) or a run to Gympie to do their banking so a 120km round trip even further for Rainbow Beach............
Like EV's, cash is getting impractical outside the city as the places for recharge are thin on the ground.

Have a debit card and a credit card but have never linked them, bad security, fully seperated...... and my debit card can tap an go... not a big Adli shopper anyway, might stop in every few months. so their charge of a few cents doesn't bother us, besids the savings on their butter compared to Woollies, which we buy in bulk more than covers the outlay.

Certainly get peeved if the garages start slugging a fee though.

Last edited:

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Last time I looked, butter is the same prixe at Aldi, Coles, or Woolwoths ($6.40 / 500g), Very few things are cheaper at Aldi anymore. Coles and Woollies have woken up and price match just about every product Aldi sell.
Given the credit card surcharge at Aldi, loyalty points at Coles and Woolworths, and the availability of buying gifts cards at a 5% discount actually makes Aldi the most expensive. I hardly buy anything from Aldi now except some specific products that we prefer.