StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
2nd night an bit of washing up came up the shower drain, dam it. I thought the length and the extra drop I put on should have resolved that.

I going to try one if these, I seem to recall @Stone Stomper used a similar non return valve on his Expanda.

image.jpg

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
@achjimmy, I have run two separate drains on mine. I even have 2 drain hoses, but even with air getting into the drain, I am finding sometimes the drain is still slow. I am finding it is because the drain hose is flat to the sullage point, but then curves upwards to bend into the drain.
So, next mod is to have nothing on the drain outlets and an open box under that with a hose off the box. Even thought about a sump pump in it because some parks your drain runs up hill.

Or one of these!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AQUATRAC...AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item485265f9bf
Nearly cheaper to buy it than buy all the bits individually.

Reactions: Crusty181

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@achjimmy, I have run two separate drains on mine. I even have 2 drain hoses, but even with air getting into the drain, I am finding sometimes the drain is still slow. I am finding it is because the drain hose is flat to the sullage point, but then curves upwards to bend into the drain.
So, next mod is to have nothing on the drain outlets and an open box under that with a hose off the box. Even thought about a sump pump in it because some parks your drain runs up hill.

Or one of these!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AQUATRAC...AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item485265f9bf

Think your right macca. I only needed a 6ft hose this weekend and I am sure it wouldn't happen. Thinking check valve and a flat rubber mat about 12" I will lay over floor waste to ensure stuff stays down.

I like your sump idea.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
A 6 inch piece of 1 inch poly pipe and an elbow with the barb filed off.

The 1 inch elbow fits neatly into the standard sullage pipe, and shoved into the end of the sullage pipe, it removes the hump and keeps the pipe as flat as possible right upto the discharge point
2014-10-19 17.17.08.jpg

Reactions: blacky and achjimmy

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

Or one of these!
Im about two weeks ahead of you with the sump idea.

I purchased just the auto bilge pump ($30 delivered), without that sump setup that you've linked from eBay in your post. Tested the pump today, a self priming centrifugal pump, detachable strainer on the base which houses the float. Put the bilge pump in a bucket and filled the bucket from 3000ltr/hr water tank pump ..... the bilge pump activated perfectly and was blowing water out faster than the tank pump could put it in.
20141019_110708.jpg
Ran 3 metres of poly slightly uphill, and then 3 metres vertical. The pump happily pumped to a 3 metre water head still out pacing the house pump. Pretty quiet to. Will need a bucket strainer of some description, probably a large kitchen strainer will do that.

Originally planned to use a decent size plastic crate, but as the pump is relatively powerful, I doubt the average van waste would be able to out pace it even with the shower, sink and washing machine all dumping at the same time.

Ill mount the pump, and also put a free flow outlet at the base of the sump ..... that way I can use the free flow when I don't need the pump, but Ill use the sump all the time ...... no noddles and coco pops between my toes in my shower

Reactions: blacky

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Been really busy leading into Xmas, had very little time to spend on the van. I fitted the back flow valve and night one all good. See what the next week brings.

image.jpg

Reactions: TerriD

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I purchased another hatch to go in under the bed. Haven't done it yet, but for Xmas adapted an old camp kitchen cupboard as a shoe cupboard to try and control the "horde of shoes"

image.jpg

Reactions: bigcol and davemc

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Oh why oh why don't Jayco learn! I wanted to get up and seal the awning joint, just didn't have time to get to Jayco and buy some V60 silastic (I won't use sikaflex as it yellows) with all the silastic they use on the roof, couple more squirts along the sailtrack !

image.jpg

Reactions: TerriD

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah I knew the awning would leak. More annoyed in myself for not sealing it before I went away. I buy Jayco's with my "eyes wide open" lol

Reactions: davemc

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Hey @achjimmy, van looks great, and some great ideas for mods. Have a question if you don't mind, just wondering the weights if possible, ball, tare etc. Saw one today at Bayswater Jayco... I had a list of options fairly similar to what you have on your van except for a bike rack on the back. As we have a Pajero and just thinking...

Cheers for in advance
greynt