StarCraft 17:58.3 Mk11

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Well done Jimmy maybe you should send pictures and a bill to Jayco :)
Be good if they took up ideas for improvement.
I need to look at our drains although it's only the sink.

Ha ha when I did my Jayco survey last week, for social media section I ticked other and then put down expandasdownunder.com.au

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
What the hole around my finger size smaller then the plug hole..
Yeah ..... thats the one !!!!
Most Jaycos have an elbow under the sink, and the top part of the plastic drain fitting blocks off half the bottom part of the fitting where they screw together to form the plastic sink waste. I found the sink drained infinately better once I fixed that.
no idea why when there is only one sink in the -1 the pipe just down not go straight down and out?
We had a 16.49.1, one sink, no shower etc and prior to fixing the drain, the sink draining like it was a straw. Have a look under the sink, its likely to be an elbow.

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/drainage.5874/

Reactions: Smirke

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I would think if the sink waste is found to have the dreaded "Jayco sink waste'itis", they would probably fix that up for at the warranty service ... its a pretty simple quick little adjustment. Saves you a job

Reactions: mrhappi

halbster

May 13, 2014
Jimmy, checked under my van just now and found a different setup to yours. There's no double running of the hoses through the chassis hole like you had. Instead my sink waste seems to have a pretty clear run down the centre of the van through the chassis holes to the rear tank then across and out.
But the front tank fill goes under the chassis rail right where the suspension arm join the chassis and has quite a link in it !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 330

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Jimmy, checked under my van just now and found a different setup to yours. There's no double running of the hoses through the chassis hole like you had. Instead my sink waste seems to have a pretty clear run down the centre of the van through the chassis holes to the rear tank then across and out.
But the front tank fill goes under the chassis rail right where the suspension arm join the chassis and has quite a link in it !!!

Pics a bit hard to see but yeah a bit suss. As long as it fills okay should be okay. Just check it's not rubbing on the bolt and wearing.

Funny how yours is different.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
ok its raining . not under the van. I had a look and it does go straight down although then it sags and goes up and down through the chassis.
I can see the pasta sauce we ate stuck there :(
Also there is a few air bubbles in the line from the bank tank.. Anyone have any ideas how to push them through.
Sorry no pictures did not take phone

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
had another quick look. put a drain cleaner pipe down there I can get more flow now. Just have to work out how to clean it out. The sink pipe goes up and down so gravity does the rest Why do they need to run the pipe out the back.. Would it make more sense for me to move this shorter and come out near the wheels. Or is it back there for protection.
Honestly I would not mind moving the inlets down lower as well.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
had another quick look. put a drain cleaner pipe down there I can get more flow now. Just have to work out how to clean it out. The sink pipe goes up and down so gravity does the rest Why do they need to run the pipe out the back.. Would it make more sense for me to move this shorter and come out near the wheels. Or is it back there for protection.
Honestly I would not mind moving the inlets down lower as well.
I moved mine in the last Expanda. Although the new one has mud flaps, the waste is so far behind, its in the firing line of the tyre so they will be getting moved to. You have an Outback with the mud flaps ... run the waste out behind the mud flap

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Got away for the weekend up the coast. Drain passed the first nights test, took 30 secs to hook up. :thumb:

Reactions: macca

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
@achjimmy , I replaced my drains in 40mm SWV pipe, very similar to what you have done. I would like to know what size flexible drain hose you are using? Is it pool hose? I have thought about pool hose because some comes in push fit lengths which seems good for caravanning as every park site is a different distance away from the sullage point.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
@achjimmy , I replaced my drains in 40mm SWV pipe, very similar to what you have done. I would like to know what size flexible drain hose you are using? Is it pool hose? I have thought about pool hose because some comes in push fit lengths which seems good for caravanning as every park site is a different distance away from the sullage point.

Hi macca

Sorry mate the drain hose came with our first van , the ID is approx 25mm if that helps?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thought the eagle eyes might have picked up on one of the earlier photos of the under cupboard drains.

One of the other mods last weekend was carpeting the van. Same carpet as we used in the Expanda great under foot and fantastic in sand. This one was cut in one piece didn't quite get it perfect, best tip pin the pattern to the carpet before cutting. Anyway very pleased with the result.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg