New tow vehicle - which one? Brought a Jeep GC in the end.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Good to see you've come to a decision. Only took 157posts :applause:.

Took me about 12 months to work it out.
I was first drawn to the Jeep, looked at every other option and then came back to it. Then I had a 3 month wait after putting down the deposit. I had to keep it a secret as I didnt want the kids asking me every day "whens the Jeep coming".

The black will look good with the expanda in tow.

Reactions: bigcol

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
@Neil now you have made the decision I can now unload some home truths bahahahahah, not really we had a Klugger as a company wreck, went well but not a patch on the Jeep, yep ours is black also, we either took it or had to wait 6 months for another colour, it looks great WHEN clean!! Enjoy it when it comes, lets hope you have a great run out of it.

Reactions: bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
as a Nissan Patrol fan - for some strange reason I am leaning towards the Jeep - but then I've had one years ago..........

mmmmmm

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
image.jpg
Well done on the decision. Still loving my Jeep too. Powerful, comfortable and now considering an ARB Bar....
The Jeep's the one in the foreground!

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I meant the bullbar kills the good looks. Makes it look like a Prado...:behindsofa:

You can still get out there without the bullbar. But each to their own.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
I meant the bullbar kills the good looks. Makes it look like a Prado...:behindsofa:

You can still get out there without the bullbar. But each to their own.
I hear you. And agree... I'm torn and haven't made up my mind. But... When right out there towing 2.7tonnes and no option but to go through Skip when he jumps out makes me miss the bar I had on the Pajero. Steering around things isn't always an option and I am a very conservative driver with safety my number 1 priority. Especially with family on board. Plus it comes with a rates tow point....
Decisions decisions.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I hear you @twscoot I agonised over it for a while also, last week was the 40K service, ouch, tyres this week, double ouch, bullbar has been postponed till next month. I didn't realise how few tyres are made in 265/60R18 size, looks like I will be getting Bridgestones now as they are about the only ones with a decent rating in an A/T. I mentioned before coming home from Broken Hill after christmas the amount of wildlife during the day made up my mind on a b/bar.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I won't argue against safety. Not many roos where I am so not considering.

@twscoot I've read that the ARB b/bar tow points are for towing only and not for snatching.