New tow vehicle - which one? Brought a Jeep GC in the end.

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
Well picked it up late this arvo and already put 100 plus klms on it.
Completely different drive to the Kluger but I like it.
Took a photo the arvo but looks don't be rude so will take a couple tomorrow.
Loving all the features including the ones I didn't know about, auto high beam head lights, can you believe that one! :frog-85:

Last edited:

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
Well been really slack and have taken no photos as yet :sleeping:
I did manage yesterday to get the tow bar and electric bakes in.
A question for the GC owners, has anyone done their own tow bar and if so the wire for the reverse on the harness did they know which one to use? The install instructions say the white with green strip but there is two, one carries 12v and the other 5v. I have googled until I past out and can't find anything on it :frusty:
Next step is to ring the dealer who I imagine will put me onto the service guy who will say they don't know.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Well been really slack and have taken no photos as yet :sleeping:

pichers1.jpg

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
I'm on my second Prado now the resale after 4 years was great. Tows great too. New model 2014 GXL are being advertised here in melbourne at 61-63k drive away.
As you can see above I already got the Jeep. You're points are valid but for a little over $61k the limited had the edge over a Prado and not just in dollars. Resale well I guess I'll find out about that but don't need to worry about it for 3-4years.

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
Well first trip in the big rig. Newcastle to Woolgoolga for 5 days, got back today. GC didn't miss a beat and yes I now understand what you mean by towing ability. This thing flies with the van on or off!

Last edited:

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
Took mine in for a look at a few small issue I have had. Just over 3k on the clock.
Rattle in steering - lose uni joint, wasn't going to come off I was told but still Sánchez had not done bolt up.
Pulls left since new - wheel alignment done and corrected
Noisy rear self leveling shocks - service guy told me that they have been instructed not to order new ones as a warranty claim unless the unit is leaking. The problem is known and they are looking at what they need to do to fix. He also mention that it may not be the shock but where the shock is mounted. I told him that I knew the problem existed and it was well known and that I couldn't believe that it still hasn't been resolved on a 2014 built car. He just look at me with those eyes that say I have heard it a 100 times before.
So all in all no real issues that couldn't be fix straight away other than the bloody noisy self leveling shocks.
We have also decided on a name for our GC, Sánchez, as that was most likely the name of the blokes who built most of the parts.
Should say built in Mexico, assembly in USA ;)

Last edited:

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
Thanks Big Skiddy. I was actually going to call tomorrow and see what I had to do to take the matter further.
I'll call tomorrow and see if I can book in to get this done.

MiniKlein

Jan 29, 2014
Ipswich Qld
Hi @Neil well I have read the thread from start to finish this afternoon!! Much to the displeasure of my wife!! I was supervising the Sunday roast and kids!! What can I say... Congratulations on your new rig!! Looks mint! The whole thread has been a great read and laugh! Wish I had viewed this thread a couple of weeks ago, order a new prado 2 weeks ago hopefully should arrive this week some time! I couldn't make up my mind on what to get... But the seven seats was the strawo_O Thanks again for a great read! And congratulations on the new rid looks fantastic mate!

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
Hi @Neil well I have read the thread from start to finish this afternoon!! Much to the displeasure of my wife!! I was supervising the Sunday roast and kids!! What can I say... Congratulations on your new rig!! Looks mint! The whole thread has been a great read and laugh! Wish I had viewed this thread a couple of weeks ago, order a new prado 2 weeks ago hopefully should arrive this week some time! I couldn't make up my mind on what to get... But the seven seats was the strawo_O Thanks again for a great read! And congratulations on the new rid looks fantastic mate!

Yeah I was a bit painful with the whole process but was a bit of money and I've got it for the next 4 years on my novated lease.
My wife wanted the Prado and it was a close second but she likes in now, especially the heated seats!
Losing the 7 seats was a bummer but the other features of the GC more then make up for that.

Reactions: Patto

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
Rang Friday and they acknowledged that there is a fix available.
They are checking availability of parts on Monday

Got a call back today that parts are 4 weeks away so should only have to listen to the noise for another month.
Any one else had theirs replaced yet?

Neil

Jan 30, 2014
Newcastle
Hey @Neil stop complaining I have been listerning to the noise for 2 1/2 years and 45K ;) and now I am just wondering what rattles it will have after the corner trip, either way still more than happy with it.
Yeah your rite, i only have 4.5k on the clock and have been whingeing like a bitch :blah:
But yeah great car but little things like that just don't be rude me to tears :crazy: