Journey New Jayco Journey 17.55-5sh on its way

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
I am confident they will get it right, as I will not take delivery until it is. The pain is all the caravan stuff in boxes in the garage and all the mods I want to add to the caravan taking up space. Anyway good things come to those who wait.
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: mfexpanda and Pauly

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
I spoke with the Jayco dealer and they told me the factory has a shortage of timber, so the only part that has been replaced on the caravan we ordered is the damaged bathroom door! We're starting to get a little annoyed now as our caravan came of the production line back in March, was delayed in Melbourne for 3 weeks and has been at the dealer since. It's been sitting at the Jayco dealer for a long time now and still waiting on timber panels. Very close to canceling the purchase now. Missed out going away at Easter and the school holidays. Sent an email to Jayco in Melbourne over 4 weeks age and have heard nothing from them. Very poor form! Looking at our options now.
Cheers
Nick

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi,
I spoke with the Jayco dealer and they told me the factory has a shortage of timber, so the only part that has been replaced on the caravan we ordered is the damaged bathroom door! We're starting to get a little annoyed now as our caravan came of the production line back in March, was delayed in Melbourne for 3 weeks and has been at the dealer since. It's been sitting at the Jayco dealer for a long time now and still waiting on timber panels. Very close to canceling the purchase now. Missed out going away at Easter and the school holidays. Sent an email to Jayco in Melbourne over 4 weeks age and have heard nothing from them. Very poor form! Looking at our options now.
Cheers
Nick
there very good at not responding im sure we are all put in a do not disturb file !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Rockape

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Really a timber shortage??

So the production line has stopped because of this timber shortage??

Feel for you. Easy to say just walk away, but the layout of the 17.55-5SH is quite unique.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth

Feel for you. Easy to say just walk away, but the layout of the 17.55-5SH is quite unique.

so is their assembly of it as well, by the sounds of it

why oh why Jayco do you pi$$ off the people who buy your product............ with sub-standard build workmanship

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC

OMG :o:o:o:o:o:o:o. I have run a Joinery business .... no one told me about this timber shortage crisis .... :closed_2: :noidea:

Oh, thats right ....... because there isnt one

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Hi Nick, No doubt you've got dept of fair trading on speed dial. Very disappointing when they have such market share and so many loyal customers.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi All,
The next production run of 17.55-5 sh has just come off the production line, so we'll see if my timber panels finally arrive. Timber shortage, what a joke! I am a very very patient person, but am starting to get quite annoyed. The excuses from Jayco are ridiculous to say the least. If we go ahead and get the caravan once it is repaired, I can say at this stage this will be our last Jayco.
To Jayco's credit, they are both consistent and exceptional at treating customers like crap and consistently produce poor quality, leaving it to the dealers to clean up their mess.
Cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
We'll, surprise, surprise. My replacement timber panels have left the factory and will arrive in Sydney tomorrow. Coinsides with the completion of the current 17.55-5sh production run, no surprises there. I just wish Jayco HQ would be honest with their customers and not feed them BS. Anyway my dealer will call me next week to arrange another inspection of the caravan and if all is good, we can schedule a pickup date and time. I just hope that everything is fixed and the replacement timber panels are not damaged, or I think we will walk away.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers
Nick

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
We'll, surprise, surprise. My replacement timber panels have left the factory and will arrive in Sydney tomorrow. Coinsides with the completion of the current 17.55-5sh production run, no surprises there. I just wish Jayco HQ would be honest with their customers and not feed them BS. Anyway my dealer will call me next week to arrange another inspection of the caravan and if all is good, we can schedule a pickup date and time. I just hope that everything is fixed and the replacement timber panels are not damaged, or I think we will walk away.
Fingers crossed.
Cheers
Nick

Mate I feel for you.
Hope it all turns out ok.

I know what you mean about the Jayco BS. Our van is due to go into production end of this month and we still haven't received our final sign off plans. Emailed our sales guy who stated the factory has just come back online after a 2 week closure and he is going to follow it up.

Like you say, it would be nice it get an honest answer

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Mate I feel for you.
Hope it all turns out ok.

I know what you mean about the Jayco BS. Our van is due to go into production end of this month and we still haven't received our final sign off plans. Emailed our sales guy who stated the factory has just come back online after a 2 week closure and he is going to follow it up.

Like you say, it would be nice it get an honest answer
We did our final sign off last week and our van is in a September run.Thought that was a bit early . I suppose it depends on the salesman and how quick he does his paperwork.

Reactions: dagree

Journey

Mar 30, 2015
Western Australia
Hi Jouneymen,

We pick up our 17.55.5sh OB Friday. I quickly looked through it yesterday after it arrived at Caravanland from the boat (from VIC to WA) due to a flooring mistake at the factory. They installed Boston Dark instead of Boston. Between you guys it actually looks better and won't show up the dirt as much. The sales guy is still going to get us something for the mistake. Some play money for the Toy Shop would be nice. We will go through everything and hopefully @Rockape it won't be in the poor condition yours was.