Journey New Jayco Journey 17.55-5sh on its way

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi 17triton,
I don't think we will be accepting the caravan as I can't see how they can fix all the defects, especially the damage to the floor and cabinetry. See what happens after I meet with them. Alarm bells started ringing when it was delayed at the factory for close to 4 weeks after it came off the production line. Couldn't get a reason why this happened. After finding white spray paint on the timber cabinets, I assume the roof support frame was either repaired or replaced.
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: 17triton and bigcol

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well today I met with Jayco staff at Sydney ant they have agreed to rectify all 19 of the defects I showed them. A number of cabinet doors and timberwork will be replaced. I have decided to give them a chance to rectify everything to my satisfaction. They know how picky I am! I was given the option of picking up the caravan and bringing it back for the repairs, but as much as it pains me, I declined their offer opting to inspect it after completion of the repairs and inspecting it again prior to deciding if it is acceptable or not. This means another one month wait, but I would rather have what I was expecting as opposed to settling on something that would bug me.
I made it very clear that it had to be spot on or I will be requesting another one. They did, to their credit, acknowledge that the defects were unacceptable and even seemed a little embarrassed.
We'll see what transpires
Cheers
Nick

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Good on you mate! That's a tough decision but the right one, at least they know they have to be spot on with the repairs now. If still not happy offer them a ridiculous low price or get a newwy. Good luck and fingers crossed for ya!

Reactions: Rockape

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
I bought in my multimeter with me and checked the 12v electrical system. I will have to wait until they plug it into 240 volt to check that side of things. I inspected the wiring and it appeared ok. Can do with additional p clamps to suport the wiring harnesses. I have made a list of things to check when we perform our next inspection. This includes TV, TV antenna, Air -Conditioner and other appliances. I will perform this checklist prior to us booking in our handover to make sure everything is to the standard we expect. If not, we won't be accepting it, because once registered, I'm stuck with it.
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: bigcol

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
Very disappointing to read of your problems. It should not happen with a new van. When we picked up our new StarCraft 18 months ago they took us thru the hand over and inspection, and only after we said we were satisfied did they take us back to the office to pay and have the van registered (they fixed a couple of issues while we waited).

At the first service we had some warranty issues and they managed to fix most. At the annual service we had more issues and again they managed to fix most. They had to have 3 tries at getting the entry door aligned properly. But eventually got it right.

Agree, don't accept the van until its ok.

It must cost Jayco a fortune in warranty due to poor factory QC. They just don't seem to get it.

Reactions: bigcol and Rockape

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Tut tut tut.... Not good..
Hopefully second time lucky for you, and they ease the pain!