Journey New Jayco Journey 17.55-5sh on its way

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well we went to inspect our caravan on Saturday prior to our pickup in 2 weeks time and I'm glad we did. The fit and finish inside was the worst I have ever seen in a caravan new and old. I have compiled an initial defect list of the interior of 17 items. This includes damage to timber work, which has been filled with crayon on one panel. Scratches on timber paneling. Damage to the vinyl floor, uneven gaps in cabinetry, large gap in rear stovetop, scratches and marks on aluminumm fram around bathroom door, filler used on large gaps and chipping of cabinetry panels. I can't see how they can fix it all. We are bitterly disappointed.. I have sent them an email and see what they say. I personally don't want that caravan now.
Cheers
Nick

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Well we went to inspect our caravan on Saturday prior to our pickup in 2 weeks time and I'm glad we did. The fit and finish inside was the worst I have ever seen in a caravan new and old. I have compiled an initial defect list of the interior of 17 items. This includes damage to timber work, which has been filled with crayon on one panel. Scratches on timber paneling. Damage to the vinyl floor, uneven gaps in cabinetry, large gap in rear stovetop, scratches and marks on aluminumm fram around bathroom door, filler used on large gaps and chipping of cabinetry panels. I can't see how they can fix it all. We are bitterly disappointed.. I have sent them an email and see what they say. I personally don't want that caravan now.
Cheers
Nick

now that IS a bugga

how in the heck, have they managed to stuff so many things up...................

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi Nick,

We've ordered one as well due in July. Is the external hatch to access under the bed tall enough to to take a BabyQ or a 2.5KvA Generator?

Cheers,
Simon
Hi Simon,
I measured the hatch opening under the bed. It is about 590 x 230 mm.
The boot is quite large though.
Cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
I have no idea how they managed to stuff up so much. I can tell you I won't be accepting the caravan until everything is fixed. The caravan was so filthy inside I can't understand how the factory performed an inspection of the caravan prior to it leaving the factory. Very poor quality control in my opinion.
We will see what their response is when they read my email and speak to Jayco.
Nick

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@Rockape thats a really $hitty position to be, i feel for you guys. We had a similiar experience and I actually told them to shove it .... but to the dealers credit solved most of the major issues (Within reason)

Its just gone after back for the rest of the original issues and the developing warranty points, and again the dealer particularly the service guys were gone above snd beyond. Nothing was too big or too small a problem.

Hopefully you guys get the royal treatment to. Good luck

Reactions: bigcol

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
I spoke to the salesman and he was not impressed with what I showed him. To fix the cabinetry properly it will need sections replaced. I'm not going to accept crayon fillers. Also I don't know how they are going to fix the damage to the vinyl floor and the other defects we picked up. I suppose I will know more tomorrow when I speak to Jayco. I am still dumbfounded how it left the factory that way. This is my third Jayco and the past two have been great.
Cheers
Nick

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Good luck. It amazes me with what the dealership can fix.
I have always thought the QA control point sits with the dealership anyway.
Hopefully all gets fixed.

Reactions: bigcol

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
On the plus side, better you discovered it now rather than on pickup day or on the first trip.
Still it sucks having the joy of a new van dampened like this. Hope it gets sorted for you.

Reactions: Rockape and bigcol

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Farout @Rockape, what a list of defects,very disappointing. Just been out in our van, no issues like yours, even after 2 years. From what I read Jayco will honourwarranty,but its a delay to your travel plans and leaves a bad taste in mouth. Not a goodadvertsementfor Jayco.
Will be interested to see how they traet u. cheers

Reactions: Rockape

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
I received a call from Jayco and they have fixed some of the faults and have parts on order as well. They also said that with some of the issues "it is what it is" whatever that means. I am meeting with them again on Monday so I will find out more then. I still can't believe the poor finish of the cabinetry and the amount of damage and marks on the timber work. Looks more like a poorly treated 10 year old caravan than a new one. I do have faith that the dealer will sort things out though

Reactions: dagree

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Journey 1.jpg Journey 2.jpg Journey3.jpg Journey 5.jpg Journey 6.jpg Journey 7.jpg Joirney 4.jpg Journey 8.jpg
If the caravan is not to an acceptable standard, I will not be taking delivery. These are just some of the photo's of the issues found!

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Here are some more photo's. Pretty much every door, draw and panel has some mark and damage on it. There is even paint overspray on 2 panels. See what happens next week when I go back next week.Journey 9.jpg Journey 10.jpg Journey 11.jpg Journey 12.jpg Journey 13.jpg

Stevie No Issues

May 29, 2014
Geelong
That's unbelievable... It looks like a second hand van.. I have a 20.63.1 with lifting floor joins and didn't even bother with the dealer.. Spoke directly with the factory to get it sorted when we get back from a trip in July.. Hope you get it sorted out quicker than the 6 weeks they have told me they need my van.