Journey New Jayco Journey 17.55-5sh on its way

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well we upgraded from our 14.44-4 to a 17.55-5sh, as the missus wanted a shower and toilet and this suited our needs for the kids without being too big. The 2015 model comes with heaps of standard gear now.
Here is what we're getting.
- roof mounted air
- 150 liter Dometic fridge & freezer
- power point with USB charging
- Windup antenna with TV
- Stereo with internal and external speakers
- curtain divider
- external tv outlet
- Control panel
Plus the following options
- fold down picknick table ( bar! )
- shelves in wardrobe
- ALKo Esc
- external hatch to access under rear bed
- external 12 volt outlet
- external gas bayonet
- Aussie traveller afk & 2 curved roof bars
- Reich Eco mover, we have a very tight parking spot at home !
- twin wheel jockey wheel

I have the following mods to add when we get the caravan.
- Internal 12 volt outlets under the dining table and rear bed
- External 12 volt weatherproof outlets under the front and rear of the caravan
- LED strip lift for the front boot
- Exhaust fans for the fridge to aid cooling in hot weather.
Already got a box of stuff waiting. I'm sure there will be more to come.
Hopefully should take delivery at the end of March.
Cheers
Nick

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
End of March is not far away now, you must be getting excited!

The 17.55-5sh is a great family layout and looks like you have the options and mods covered too. We also had a 14.44-4, man I loved that little van, but the missus and kids now love have the ensuite.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi Motor Moto,
I remember reading about your 14.44-4. I loved our 14.44-4, but it has now gone to a new home. My only regret with our old van is I didn't get hot water and external shower and the heron 2.2 a/c, which was very loud. I don't have to worry about that now. Yes I am getting excited. Just need to add wiring to the Ranger for the alko esc.
Will post photo's when I get it.
Cheers
Nick

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Congratulations @Rockape, great van. We too went from a 14 footer to a 17' Journey. Loved the little feller but it's moved on to a good home and the Journey is so far so good. Just a bit heavier to drag around.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi, thanks for the replies. Yes I'm counting down the days. I thought about bike racks and extended draw but, but have always put the 2 bikes I carry in the Ranger. I don't need an extended draw bar and it won't fit under the carport with one.
Hopefully my measurements are accurate and it will fit.
Cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well, not to long now. Our new caravan Should be ready by the end of the month. Upgraded the wiring to the towbar in the Ranger for the ESC. Ran 6 mm cable for the fridge, battery, ESC and 4 mm cable for the breakaway unit. I have 2 boxes full of mods to add to the caravan when it arrives.
Cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well our caravan came off the production line almost 2 weeks ago and I am told today that it's still at the factory in Melbourne. They don't know what the hold up is, but I am a little concerned as to why it's still there. I am wondering weather it has been damaged or has quality issues.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Well our caravan came off the production line almost 2 weeks ago and I am told today that it's still at the factory in Melbourne. They don't know what the hold up is, but I am a little concerned as to why it's still there. I am wondering weather it has been damaged or has quality issues.

One of the bosses probably using it for a holiday with the kids.

If it's a quality issue, better fixed now. Nothing worse then having to take it back to the dealer.

Edit: Looking at your list of extras, they've probably forgotten something and realised.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Well, I recived a call from my dealer who informed me that ,
My caravan was still at the factory and they have no idea what the hookup is or when it will arrive at the dealership. It apparently came of the production line 3 weeks ago! Hopefully will have some good news soon.

Reactions: bigcol

Robbie Reddog

Mar 25, 2015
Perth WA
That's disappointing to hear. Perhaps they're waiting for a few others to come off the line before they ship a group off them to your particular dealer.
Sometimes it would be nice to know the truth, good or bad, rather that the secret squirrel stuff that the HQ keeps from it's dealers.

Reactions: bigcol