Journey New Jayco Journey 17.55-5sh on its way

Journey

Mar 30, 2015
Western Australia
Hi Jouneymen,

We pick up our 17.55.5sh OB Friday. I quickly looked through it yesterday after it arrived at Caravanland from the boat (from VIC to WA) due to a flooring mistake at the factory. They installed Boston Dark instead of Boston. Between you guys it actually looks better and won't show up the dirt as much. The sales guy is still going to get us something for the mistake. Some play money for the Toy Shop would be nice. We will go through everything and hopefully @Rockape it won't be in the poor condition yours was.
It's now home and it's all good. Darker flooring was a great mistake. They gave us some fun money to spend at the shop which was nice. Only three follow ups - one screw missing near internal step, One bottom cupboard latch doesn't close but easily fixed and they forgot our chopping board sink infill. It has rained everyday since it's been home and up and no leaks so far.

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Good news, it's been over 3 months after our caravan rolled off the production line and all but one of the repairs have been completed. They are still waiting for one more panel. Everything now looks as it should've when it rolled off the production line. We are very happy with the Job done by Jayco Sydney. We finally pickup the caravan on the 7th of August. Can't wait. I have a box of mods waiting to be fitted.
Cheers
Nick

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
I had Jayco put our new van over a weigh bridge to confirm the compliance plate was correct and all is good. Can't wait to pick it up Friday week!. Planning a weekend away in August to make sure all is good.
Cheers
Nick

Journey

Mar 30, 2015
Western Australia
I took the van back to Caravanland last week and they fixed the cupboard, added a missing screw and gave us the chopping board. I spend some more money at the toy store as usual. First trip is next weekend. Can't wait. Has anyone connected the reversing camera to their existing screen in the car (Landrover Discovery)?

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Caravanland give good service from my experience. OH that Toyland is dangerous on the credit card account ;)
Where's the first trip to @Journey ?
Connected our tow vehicle and van reversing cameras to the Prados aftermarket screen but can't help with the Disco one!

Keep your eye on the WA Meet and Greet page for some get togethers! Especially if you're available for a weekend away in October.

Reactions: Rockape and bigcol

Journey

Mar 30, 2015
Western Australia
WA Meet and Greet I will do.

Heading to Nanga Mill to test its free (or nearly free) camping ability. We took the old Dove there plenty of times and that old van didn't have all these bells and whistles.

I don't want to fully install the camera because it only gets used 5 - 6 times a year.

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Finally picked up our caravan today. Apart from a flat battery everything went well. There are still a few minor issues to fix, but it is much better than when we first saw in three months ago. I must say Sydney Jayco have been fantastic. Many mods to do now. Take her on her first trip in two weeks.
It tows really well behind the Ranger.
Cheers
Nick