Marv_Mart's Panda

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
@dagree Forgot to tell you about the pop rivets, assuming they were not in the box.
They are small heads that fit snugly into the press stud base as you use the same ones to rivet the stud base to the Panda body on the under side of the lid. Mine were supplied and required a 1/8" drill bit so that gives the size of the rivet, the length of the rivet 'body' was 10mm.

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks @Marv_mart ... No rivets supplied but do have a bag of ali ones the same size in the shed. Saves a trip to the "Big Green Shed" lol.
Press stud bases were supplied with screws but will use rivets.

Once again thanks for the info :)

Reactions: Marv_mart

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #9 completed.
ClearView extending mirrors supplied and fitted by Hall's Towbars of Blair Athol here in Adelaide for $745
As far as pics go, This the best I could do, it's cold and wet outside ATM
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
About 50mm wider than old mirrors when 'IN' but still means have to fold them in to get into the garage.
When out and extended, extend 100mm out from 'Normal' position.
Marv

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #10 completed.
Picnic table
image.jpg image.jpg
Very happy with the result. Will see how it works on our trip to Wilpena Pound in a fortnights time

Reactions: Chooky

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #11. Head banger protectors. (Thanks for others for this suggestion)
Have banged my head a number of times when roof not raised and had to get inside to do stuff without having to raise the roof, I am 198cm tall.
SWMBO has no trouble but still hit her head when working at the shower end of the van with roof not raised.
image.jpg image.jpg Like the flouro green?

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #12. Wine rack in bottom pantry cupboard.
Again, thanks to others for this suggestion. Went to local Mitre 10, cut 90mm pipe off cuts into 320mm lengths for me at no cost. Always use them and have got to know the people well, always friendly and helpful. Cost $9 all up!
image.jpg image.jpg The small gap is perfect for storing Gladwrap and Alfoil.
Already use this system for my wine storage in the house.
image.jpg
Well that's all for now but will try thin wire in awning seam to update my awning LED installed earlier, Mod #5

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Griffo

Apr 15, 2014
Royalla, NSW
Mod 10 looks great. For some reason they stuck mine about 30cm higher right over the expanda signage. Its a great height for standing and cooking at but not the best for sitting snacks etc.

Reactions: Marv_mart

Griffo

Apr 15, 2014
Royalla, NSW
Marv, have the same van but 12 months older.

With the toilet, ours will flush with the battery on and the pump off. It seems to actuate the pump itself and override the switch.

Love the table, there is not much room for the legs to fit under in the orig

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod 10 looks great. For some reason they stuck mine about 30cm higher right over the expanda signage. Its a great height for standing and cooking at but not the best for sitting snacks etc.
Mine is just above the checker plate on the OB. This means it is actually like yours, great for preparing food and cooking but too high for sitting at but then again, that's what I wanted it for. Being very tall (198cm), bending over a normal height table is a real pain in the the a..., actually back.
We have a small folding table that we use for eating/dining, see my thread from our recent NT/Qld/NSW trip for pics.
I am now able to cook with my Baby Q standing up on the Picnic Table, wt limit is 30kg so should hold Baby Q.
Also have a small table with folding legs I have used for Baby Q in the past.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Marv, have the same van but 12 months older.

With the toilet, ours will flush with the battery on and the pump off. It seems to actuate the pump itself and override the switch.
Wish our toilet would flush like that. Even with 240V, we have to turn pump on to flush. I leave my battery switch on 24/7

Griffo

Apr 15, 2014
Royalla, NSW
Yeah, Battery switch on all the time also
Had a gas bayonet fitted up front and that there the Baby Q connects as got sick of toteing an extra gas bottle around. Small fold up table and 6 external floor mats go in the space under the bed lid.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #13 Well it's sort of a Mod.
Attached a small tray to the wall behind the seat and next to the front bed.
Great for putting down hot cups of tea/coffee and storing the remote once in bed!
image.jpg image.jpg
Wife's idea. Little tray from Howard's storage. Screwed into the wall

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Dead space utilised well, browny points mod. Like, like, like...
Also use the dead space below this, in front of the mattress to store my 10l rain water/drinking water containers. You can just see one of them at the bottom of the pic.

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #14 Tank filler contraption.
Did this some time ago but when I replied to another thread, SWMBO asked if I had posted this here.
I use one of those Y pieces that have a turn off valve for either branch with a hose adaptor to connect to the hose and two pieces of clear plastic 19mm pushed onto the nipples that I feed down the two inlets.
Can control the flow to either or both inlets while watching the tank gauge through the window.
Can also turn off both when full so no splashing and waste when going back to the tap to turn it off.
PS: feed my water through my filter to ensure clean water in the tanks.
Update: Found the flexible elbow at the BGS as another forum user alerted us to, will put less strain on the hose nipple of the Panda, added my own spare Hoselink connector and gave me a spare clic fitting to use as a Hoselink converter.
Will also replace the nipple of my contraption with a Hoselink fitting when arrives.

Last edited:
Reactions: skippy and Pace

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
nice list of mods. Question for ya, the rubber corners on your solar panel, what are they? I had the cover on my swan rub through in less than 12months because of thoses corners.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
nice list of mods. Question for ya, the rubber corners on your solar panel, what are they? I had the cover on my swan rub through in less than 12months because of thoses corners.
Rubber corners glued onto the solar panel purchased from Clark Rubber. They also provided the correct contact glue that doesn't weaken with UV or age

Reactions: Flossymk1