Marv_Mart's Panda

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
At the McLaren Vale, Sea & the Vines Festival.
First chance to check out my latest mods.
Beautiful day so far, lots of Wine, Music and great food. Going out for breakfast soon on day two.
Latest photos of rig and LED lights on the awning roller. All working well as I had hoped even SWMBO was pleased.
Photos of rig sans full annexe setup. Pretty cool in the morning though, 5C!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Also had a chance to use the new trifold table with extra power point.
Great chance to charge the iPads!!

Last edited:

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Love the table idea, just had this discussion with Mr Chooky after being away for the last long weekend.... Will have to ring Jayco tomorrow I think :)
Love this forum ........

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Just came back from a short trip with our tri-fold table, Great!!
Had to quote a chassis number that had the table installed. Managed to find one in the sales yard with very similar colours to ours. Then had to wait nearly 6 weeks for the production line to put one through for us.
Came as a flat pack but easy to assemble.
Ask for more detail when you are ready!

Reactions: Chooky

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
Just came back from a short trip with our tri-fold table, Great!!
Had to quote a chassis number that had the table installed. Managed to find one in the sales yard with very similar colours to ours. Then had to wait nearly 6 weeks for the production line to put one through for us.
Came as a flat pack but easy to assemble.
Ask for more detail when you are ready!
Do you mind me asking how much the table was worth.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Was not cheap but we figured it was worth it as we did not know a carpenter nor a supplier for the bits we needed.
It cost us $500, seems an awful lot but .....

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Have made a mod to a previous mod. Is that called a Mod-Mod or Mod^2 (Mod squared)
Mod^2 #3 Found that the front edge of the basket lip was actually a problem when getting the annex bags in and out.
Also found that when I was forced to drive over a rather large road kill, it hit the front edge and bent it up.
Easily fixed though by trimming it back to the first cross bar and by fitting it with a piece of rubber matting I had lying around, it has made for a much improved front basket.
image.jpg
The cross bars you can see are the original spare tyre bracket.
The JC holders you can see by the way were fantastic as well, used the spare fuel twice on recent trip.
Marv

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #8 installed the Bed End Fly from Holiday Annexes.
Everything needed comes in the pack, pop rivets, sail tracks, pop studs.
All I needed to provide was a 1/8" Drill, pop rivet gun and the ever present silicon, I chose the Always White Selleys.
Centered and popped the front track, 2 Side tracks and finished with the push button studs at each side.
All done in about an hour, only took 2 photos because it was all over so quickly.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Fits very nicely

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluey and dagree

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #9, sort of, fitted a pair of extending mirrors to The Beast.
image.jpg
Saw these on quite few Tugs on our recent Aust half circle.
I was sick and tired of the jiggling mirror extensions I was using.

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Have one more mod to install, folding side picnic table, Mod #10
Bought it at the recent Caravan & Camping Sale at Adelaide Showgrounds.
Will take before and after photos when it goes on, getting Panda serviced first.

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I forgot to record Mod #7: installing a USB 12v terminal
I got this idea from someone else, I suppose all of the mods are actually.
Tapped into the 12V line that feeds the external 12V socket that I rarely use, ran wires inside the kitchen cupboard and used a double USB outlet socket. Because it runs from the van battery! it means we are always able to charge our iPhone and iPads even when free camping (Use the 12V TV socket with a 'Double USB adaptor') to give us a 10A (iPad) and a 5A (iPhone) each. This is located next to the outside light switch. The rubber Plug hides the bright blue backlight so you can get to sleep at night Hahaha.
image.jpg image.jpg
Marv

Reactions: Duncanblake36

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Been a busy boy @Marv_mart ... Looking good.
Also have a double USB socket to install. Will do it next weekend when I've got the drill etc out to fit our bed ends!!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Also have a double USB socket to install. Will do it next weekend when I've got the drill etc out to fit our bed ends!!
Has been great, used it a lot! Need a large bit, I used a blade bit to get the large hole required.
The plug sits mostly inside the cupboard at the top so is above the drawers.
Hank

Reactions: dagree

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
The Bed ends were also very easy to install, just make sure you have every thing ready.
Did you get the Jayco ones or the Holiday Annex ones?
Did you get a set of installation instructions?
Can send you mine if you wish, very sensible and easy to follow.
Marv

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Has been great, used it a lot! Need a large bit, I used a blade bit to get the large hole required.
The plug sits mostly inside the cupboard at the top so is above the drawers.
Hank
Thinking about putting it on the side of the cupboard facing the front bed... See if I can piece into the TV Antenna booster power. If not will fit it somewhere near the battery (Seat base or side of kitchen drawers) and take a direct feed to it with a separate fuse as I'm also thinking about fitting a stereo at some time.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The Bed ends were also very easy to install, just make sure you have every thing ready.
Did you get the Jayco ones or the Holiday Annex ones?
Did you get a set of installation instructions?
Can send you mine if you wish, very sensible and easy to follow.
Marv

We've got the Jayco Bed Ends... Just need to pick up the sail tracks during the week. Not sure if there are instructions in there as not opened them up fully as yet. Might go and have a look !!!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hey @Marv_mart Got around to getting the track opening the bed ends tonight... No instructions!!!!
Think I've got it sussed out but if you can send a copy of yours would be much appreciated :encouragement:
I know they are different brands but should be very similar installation.
Only thing that I'm not 100% sure of is the size (Length) of the pop-rivets required.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Wil
Hey @Marv_mart Got around to getting the track opening the bed ends tonight... No instructions!!!!
Think I've got it sussed out but if you can send a copy of yours would be much appreciated :encouragement:
I know they are different brands but should be very similar installation.
Only thing that I'm not 100% sure of is the size (Length) of the pop-rivets required.
l will send via a DM. Assuming the Jayco BEFs are very similar to my Holiday annexe version, adjust to suit.
Marv