Marv_Mart's Panda

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #15 Shade cloth using Clarrie's Awning Clips
Seen these around but don't know why haven't got it sooner.
Great when in a spot short term and want a bit of privacy, shade and don't want/need full annexe wall up.
Using the clips means that don't have to slide stuff in and out of the track if you want to add tie downs if it gets a bit breezy.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Beware of cheap imitations, Clarrie's are Stainless Steel and hand made! Worth it.
Saw cheap 'copies' and they were rough, Al, didn't fit properly.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clarries..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item41886f595a&_uhb=1

Last edited:

5ofus

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
They look like an awesome idea. We are wanting to get shade cloth sides for our awning so good timing.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Mod #15 Shaded cloth using Clarrie's Awning Clips
Great when in a spot short term and want a bit of privacy, shade and don't want/need full annexe wall up.
Using the clips means that don't have to slide stuff in and out of the track if you want to add tie downs if it gets a bit breezy.
View attachment 27433 View attachment 27431 View attachment 27432
Beware of cheap imitations, Clarrie's are Stainless Steel and hand made! Worth it.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clarries..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item41886f595a&_uhb=1
My Father has these too and he is pretty happy with them so far.

Darrin

Sep 5, 2013
Birkdale Qld
Mod #15 Shaded cloth using Clarrie's Awning Clips
View attachment 27433 View attachment 27431 View attachment 27432
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Clarries-Stainless-Steel-Caravan-Awning-Clips-2-clips-per-set-/281461872986?pt=Caravan_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41886f595a&_uhb=1

Yeah they're good aren't they mate , keen to know if you've fixed yours on or not ?

Cheers

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Yeah they're good aren't they mate , keen to know if you've fixed yours on or not ?

Cheers
Yes, used them on recent trip. They just loop on when either shade cloth or Annexe wall is already on and you want more stability.
They just clip on and don't require to be slid along the groove, can be clipped on afterwards without having to un slide your whole shade wall or annexe wall.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #14 ^2 Updated this mod post #58 above, still one more mod to the mod to come when Hoselink connector arrives.
These fittings just Do Not Leak and are so easy to swap attachments, add extra lengths of hose etc.
I have 3 different lengths of hose that I adjust to suit the circumstances.

Last edited:

Heidi at

May 15, 2014
Werribee, Victoria
Hi Marv_mart,
really like the idea of the table, only had one trip in our new van and our 5 year old already broke the table -also love the idea of having it out of the way altogether or just having a half table. I was wondering if I could have the details so I can get one order.
Cheers Heidi
Mod#4 completed.
Removed old table, modified and installed the small table.
Sorry about the quality of that photo, poor light and only had iPhone on hand
Added a 240V power point as there wasn't one on that side of the Panda
Attached the tri fold table.
Look'in good!
And another one bites the dust.
View attachment 22609 View attachment 22611 View attachment 22613 View attachment 22614
View attachment 22615
Now for Mod #5, the Led Awning lights!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Hi Marv_mart,
really like the idea of the table, only had one trip in our new van and our 5 year old already broke the table -also love the idea of having it out of the way altogether or just having a half table. I was wondering if I could have the details so I can get one order.
Cheers Heidi
This is what I did;
Find a van that has the same or similar decor to yours and has a tri fold table and note the chassis number.
Go to your dealer with the chassis number and order a tri fold table, they will put one on the build line and eventually ship it to them (or you directly) as a flat pack.
Very easy to assemble.
I turned the cupboard part upside down so that the nice top with the edging ended up at the bottom.
I then attached the folding top directly to the cupboard once I had fitted the cupboard.
My 'skirting board' was much narrower than the one I used to order from as my 14.44-5 only has a single wheel so where the table was to be fitted was not over a wheel arch.
If you look carefully at my photos you should be able to work it out.
Reply if you want more info/details. Cheers

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Thank you for the details, hope it's not a silly question but how do you find a van which has same layout; our is the 17.56-1 poptop 2014 model.
Went to the local dealer. We live in Adelaide. Or go to the caravan and camping show.
Could also ask via this forum for those people who have tri fold table, give them your decor info.
Might get a reply via DM, some won't give chassis number on the forum.
Didn't look for the same van as ours or the same model as none of the 14.44-5 OBs have the trifold. We got the chassis number from another Expanda model completely but had similar decor and a tri fold table. Does that make sense

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #16 Installed EZDown tailgate damper on the BeasT50
Ordered Friday after reading about it on another thread, arrived today (Monday) at 1:00pm, installed by 1:30.
Instructions very easy to follow, all parts required included in the pack. Did require a special star driver to undo the bolts on the BeasT but son owns a mechanics workshop so that problem easily and quickly solved.
Works a real treat, even SWMBO can drop the tailgate now with ease.
Pics = proof it happened!
image.jpg image.jpg
They supply the fittings to suit your vehicle, just google EZDown!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #17 LP Gas detector hard wired and tested.
Following some potentially horrific tales on other threads, bought this some time ago and installed today.
Got the one that had the best 'recommendations'.
Safe-T-Alert Propane gas alarm Model 40-441-P installed about 20mm above the floor, below the gas stove/griller and opposite the 3 way fridge and well away from drafts and vents as recommended.
Hope we never have to 'abandon ship' so to speak but feel safer now that it is in and tests OK.
image.jpg

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Holly crap a great thread. Soooooo many top ideas just need to pick one first.

I have been looking at the weather proof bed end thingy for awhile now.

Keep the mods coming mate. :thumb:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Last edited: