Marv_Mart's Panda

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #18 completed
The 240V power points in the Jaycos are especially made for Vans with a plug-in connector to the van's 240v system. Have already added a 2x USB plugs connected to the vans 12V system - Mod #7 (always powered up) in a previous mod. I decided to only change the 240V power point that I had added in the space below the trifold table that I installed (Mod #4) This power point is plugged into the van's 240V network so is only active when connected to external power.
I now have a double USB plug next to the door connected to van's 12V system and an adaptor I can plug into the TV 12V Aux plug and now 2 x USB points as part of the new power point but this is only active when connected to external power. I also have a small power board that also has 4x USB points I can use on any 240V PP
With 2 iPhones and 2 iPads and a few other devices e.g. Portable radios that charge via USB, I can never have enough of them!
IMG_5680.JPG

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #19 Completed.
IMG_5681.JPG IMG_6237.JPG
Very easy to connect. I now have a monitor of the status of battery that I can access from an app on my iPhone. Accessed via Bluetooth so only need to be in the vacinity of the van to check the status.
Here is a screen shot of the app info showing charging history, battery temp and voltage.
IMG_6245.JPG
The wiring does tuck away under the battery cover and the unit hangs just outside the case.

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #20 Well this is not really a mod but a fix.
On our recent trip to the Kimberleys last June/July, we noticed that the freezer door was not closing.
Upon investigating further, worked out that the door spring holders had an issue. I ordered two new spring holders and found an excellent Utube video that explains how to do it.
It was actually quite easy, works perfectly again. Both the L and R spring holders were damaged.
The SS springs were fine as were the central spindles.
IMG_6234.JPG IMG_6235.JPG
Be careful though, there are L and R side spring holders.

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #21
Installing cooling fans for the 3-way fridge.
Actually bought this on line, double fan unit that can directly replace the existing top vent.
IMG_6246.JPG

Also have a 60°C thermostat from Jaycar.
Have already managed to trace power leads to fuse #6 on the Setac.
Will update tomorrow when I finish mounting the fans and finish the wiring. And take some more pics of course.
I used this PDF as a guide.
http://www.dreampod.net/boroma/fridgefan.html

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #21 update:
All finished, only issue was getting the facia plate locked back on the two little studs.
As a safety precaution, I added a white nylon zip tie just in case the clips come undone!
Here are the final,pics.
IMG_6249.JPG IMG_6250.JPG IMG_6251.JPG
I did test the fans by doing a temporary jumper across the thermostat terminals. All OK
Very quiet! Van is now back in storage for the next 2 weeks before we pick it up again in preparation for our Qld/NSW trip.

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #22 & #23
Grey water pipes/hoses have been a real bug bear for quite a while. This was particularly the case during my last trip. http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/marv_mart-trip-to-qld-nsw-2017.9916/
Decided to do two related mods.
Mod #22: Use a 100mm tube with ends caps mounted on the rear bar behind the spare tyre to store 3 lengths of new Grey Water hoses and joiners. My originals just would not lie flat once they were removed from the bag resulting in blockages. Now have 2 x 2m and 2 x 1m lengths that can be connected in varying configurations.
IMG_6492.JPG IMG_6491.JPG IMG_6493.JPG BF63BBBA-CA37-4592-8AF3-50D932C43B2F-351-0000001FF41F3C8A.png

Mod #23: Related is replacing the standard plastic tubing connecting the manifold to the outlet pipes from the kitchen sink and bathroom by using a PVU25 25mm Barrel Union (Holman). By connecting half to the outlet pipes and the other half to the manifold, I can now connect them quickly and easily. What do you think?
I bought a second pair and used the screw collar with a rubber gusset to protect the ends when traveling.
Didn't get a pic of that before returning the Sea Dragon to storage for the next 2 months, oops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #24 Rear viewing camera
Decided to finally bite the bullet and get a rear viewing camera fitted to the Sea Dragon.
After catching up with @chartrock in Emu Park and having a good look at his setup, my mind was made up.
Didn't take any effort to convince SWMBO!
Decided to use the system recommended by Safety Dave.
IMG_5950.JPGBF509D52-9F81-4B9F-94E9-B75063C0D9F2-11839-00000F48D1826304.jpeg image002.png image003.png
We are using ProLink from Norwood to do the install. They are only a few 100m down the road from where we have our van in storage. The camera will be mounted up high on the rear wall so that the cable comes in just above the bathroom mirror, have 1cm gap between the the mirror and the roof top.
Will add more pics once the install is done.
Wasn't game to try it myself. These guys do it all the time so willing to pay for it to be done properly.
Keep you posted.

Last edited:

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Mod #24 (cont)
Ok, Install completed very professionally and above expectations.
Ended up with the rectangular camera rather than the dome type, ProLink said this was easier to install below the roof line of Expandas and has more flexibility to adjust when necessary.
Didn't see at first where the cable came through into the ensuite area, had to look twice, well done!
Cable then came across to the over head cupboard and then down through the floor.
Added a few more pics today. Replaced one of the original blurry ones.
IMG_6562.JPG IMG_6557.JPG IMG_6556.JPG
IMG_6559.JPG IMG_6560.JPGIMG_5974.JPG
Very neat work, hardly notice the cable.
Inside the bottom cupboard, the cable follows the 240v power line under the van and then down to the main chassis beam to the front.
Would recommend ProLink for this type of work if you are not game to do it yourself.
Beautifully clear HD picture!

Last edited: