Hurst Family - 2014 Expanda 20.63-1 OB

Ren77

Nov 7, 2013
North Queensland
We just spent the weekend at Rollingstone, could pretty well pick our site as it was so quiet! Steve from Jayco was up there too so had a catch up bevvie yesterday.

Reactions: Flossymk1

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Went into the van this morning and the battery alarm was going off - realized we should have turned the battery switch off when the cover went on in early January - whoops! I quickly plugged power into the van and it's stopped now thank goodness - I hope it's not damaged or anything??

And we decided to book a couple of nights away at Rollingstone next weekend - the weather forecast isn't great but I don't care lol, just want to get away in the van!
The AGM batteries don't like like to be discharged completely. The AGM and Gel DC battery discharge should be limited to 50% of its capacity to give it the longest life expectancy. i.e.. for a 100amp/hr battery don't take it down past 50amp/hrs, and also leave it permanently on the smart charger. But in your case, a once off full discharge shouldn't cause it any significant issues.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
All of the setec power units from the series 1 through to the series 3 have a low voltage cutout. It is there to prevent deep discharging which can be very bad for the battery. The series 1 setec will disconnect at 10.5v and the series 2 and 3 will disconnect at 10v. It should be noted these voltages are still well below what is normally considered to be 100% discharged for most batteries.

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Well the cyclone doesn't look like it's coming anywhere near us, so our weekend at Rollingstone looks like a goer!

Turned the fridge on this morning - can't wait to get up there tomorrow arvo :D

Reactions: dagree

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I just thought it was normal wet season up there with added media hype. They seem to think floods and buckets of rain in NQ are new, stupid people.

Yeah they've gone a bit over the top with this one I reckon - trying to keep up the media hype from the carnage Cyclone Marcia caused in the Yeppoon area - they'll say anything to improve their ratings ugh!

At least Far NQ are getting rain though! We've had a very dismal season here in Townsville - even Charters Towers has had more rain than us... In fact I can't remember it ever being this dry at this time of year...

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Arrived at Rollingstone without any dramas - couldn't set up the awning straight away though as it was too windy!!

Still quite windy now but not quite as bad as before so we've set it up and it seems
To be fine :)

Noticed however that our awning appears to have a long yellow 'stain' all along it from the LED strip lighting?? We definitely did not have the light accidentally turned on while it was under the van cover for the last couple of months, so I'm assuming that while it's been rolled up the extreme heat and humidity we've had might have had something to do with it?

I will take a pic tomorrow when it's daylight so you can see what I mean.

Reactions: Smirke

navmatt

Jan 20, 2014
Ayr/Glenden Nth Qld
Arrived at Rollingstone without any dramas - couldn't set up the awning straight away though as it was too windy!!

Still quite windy now but not quite as bad as before so we've set it up and it seems
To be fine :)

Noticed however that our awning appears to have a long yellow 'stain' all along it from the LED strip lighting?? We definitely did not have the light accidentally turned on while it was under the van cover for the last couple of months, so I'm assuming that while it's been rolled up the extreme heat and humidity we've had might have had something to do with it?

I will take a pic tomorrow when it's daylight so you can see what I mean.

Hi flossy, ours is the same. I don't remember leaving it on at any stage but must have. Wouldn't take long to do it I wouldn't think. I know that when I've been in the van with the awning rolled up I've turned the wrong one on every now and then. But with kids around who knows

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Here's a pic of part of the stain -
image.jpg

On another note, we did our first "middle of the night dash" to save the awning - wind came up out of nowhere like crazy! We scrambled out in our pjs and packed it all up - it got other campers out of bed too - we could see torches going on and people running around checking everything lol - the park manager was even out in his golf buggy doing the rounds!

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Wow!!!!!! That's a stain. (Must say I didn't imagine it to be that dark).
We've got our tropical low coming thru perth today, but I'm going to put mine out just to check. Our van has been on our front lawn since we've been back, in full sun. ( getting a cover for it at the show..... Hopefully)
On a good note, glad you rescued it in time

Reactions: Flossymk1