Hurst Family - 2014 Expanda 20.63-1 OB

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Ovens are pigs to clean.

We hate cleaning oven at home. Much easier to clean Weber with Karcher rather than all the smelly stuff needed for regular oven.

And weber better than an oven for roasts etc.....me 'umble opinion.

Go for what suits you and the family.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
She dosnt slave over any oven just cooks vegies cakes biscuits heats stuff up puts it in walks away takes it out when cooked easy we use stove top for kids breaky in morning heating milk glad we got it my barbi cooks roastes very well the oven just gives us more options we have been away in the cold and cooking tea in van is nice as it heats up van too

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
;)
She dosnt slave over any oven just cooks vegies cakes biscuits heats stuff up puts it in walks away takes it out when cooked easy we use stove top for kids breaky in morning heating milk glad we got it my barbi cooks roastes very well the oven just gives us more options we have been away in the cold and cooking tea in van is nice as it heats up van too
Ian has a Barbi and a diesel heater ;)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Received the quote for the oven today - total cost including installation is $1675..

View attachment 37329

They quoted on a Smev 401 - is this the same oven as what other people have? @Crusty181 would do you have in your van?
We have a dometic. Our oven was missing pre delivery so the dealer replaced the stove with the dometic oven. I never checked to see if the van on display with factory ovens were dometic.

Attachments

• 20151202_225128-resized-1024.jpg
    20151202_225128-resized-1024.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Flossymk1

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
We are at Mudjimba! It's beautiful here - doesn't have that commercialized feel like some of the other parks on the Sunshine Coast.

Had a minor drama - hubby had supposedly turned the fridge on to cool a couple of days ago, but didn't check that the power was actually on in the van... So I go to put the food in morning of departure only to find the fridge at room temperature ugh.... Luckily we already had the waeco on and cooled, so I had to put what I could fit in there - unfortunately cold beers had to be sacrificed in the process..

We turned the fridge on gas once we arrived, and it cooled a lot quicker than on AC, so all was good by this morning!

The sites here are quite big and we like the concrete pad for the van as well - we were lucky that nobody was on the site behind ours so we could drive through on to ours, which saved a lot of time and arguments lol

The weather is glorious today, so looking forward to a relaxing couple of days :)

image.jpeg

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
That'll teach him to check the fridge power is working!

Warm beers as a punishment doesn't bear thinking about.

Enjoy the sunny coast...you have the storm covers on so should stay dry.

Happy hols.

Yes @Dobbie I choked down 1 warmish beer and it was hideous lol

Beautiful day today - spent a couple of hours on the beach - kids worn themselves out playing in the surf :)

image.jpeg

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
So during our weekend away at Mudjimba one of our overhead cupboards 'broke'.... The hinge basically came apart from the cupboard door and there is no way to put the screws back in as it's all worn (I hope that makes sense).

So we had to take the whole door off for the time being - I presume that the whole panel will have to be replaced, as I can't see how they will be able to reattach the hinge otherwise?

Has anyone else had this happen before? And if so, was there a quick solution?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We had something close to that on a couple of overhead cupboards and got Graeme from BandB to take out all screws for cupboards and redo with longer and stronger ones...under warranty.

No problem since. Not sure if yours is retrievable but I do know that sort of repair is feasible.

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
We had something close to that on a couple of overhead cupboards and got Graeme from BandB to take out all screws for cupboards and redo with longer and stronger ones...under warranty.

No problem since. Not sure if yours is retrievable but I do know that sort of repair is feasible.

Ok thanks @Dobbie - I've emailed B&B but I think they are closed for xmas/new years, so will try and contact them again next week about it :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey @Flossymk1. (@Dobbie) The door panels are hollow so longer not so helpfull, but larger gauge thread will help.

The hinge can be moved horizontally, slightly away from dodgy holes and screwed through fresh timber.

I removed all my screws, pumped contruction adhesive into each hole, put adhesive onto to rear of the hinge plate and refitted them with very slightly heavier gauge screws. I only stepped uo the gauge slightly to leave some scope to step uo again if needed .... so far so good

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Hey @Flossymk1. (@Dobbie) The door panels are hollow so longer not so helpfull, but larger gauge thread will help.

The hinge can be moved horizontally, slightly away from dodgy holes and screwed through fresh timber.

I removed all my screws, pumped contruction adhesive into each hole, put adhesive onto to rear of the hinge plate and refitted them with very slightly heavier gauge screws. I only stepped uo the gauge slightly to leave some scope to step uo again if needed .... so far so good

Ok thanks for the info Crusty181 - I'll see what hubby wants to do about it - B&B are closed until 11th January ugh....