Hurst Family - 2014 Expanda 20.63-1 OB

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Our set up - for the record it was all tidy and orderly this morning, but it didn't take long for the kids to sort that out! :)

image.jpg

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
@Flossymk1 , do you have to leave the awning legs attached to the caravan, like you have, when using the shade side? Or is it because you are just there for a weekender?

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
@Flossymk1 , do you have to leave the awning legs attached to the caravan, like you have, when using the shade side? Or is it because you are just there for a weekender?

Nah just because it's a weekender and because it was quite windy we thought we may have to do a quick awning pack away (which we did at some ungodly hour last night ugh)

Reactions: Smirke

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Here's a pic of part of the stain -
View attachment 30696

On another note, we did our first "middle of the night dash" to save the awning - wind came up out of nowhere like crazy! We scrambled out in our pjs and packed it all up - it got other campers out of bed too - we could see torches going on and people running around checking everything lol - the park manager was even out in his golf buggy doing the rounds!
From the pic you posted, the stain appears too consistent to be the LEDs. I would expect the LEDs to leave hot spots aligning with the LED position. The consistency of the stain would suggest it would be the tape itself.

Last edited:

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
you were faster than me with your explanation there @Crusty181
I am thinking, as you say, that if it was the LED's themselves, it would look like "stitching"
but it is a constant line - hence the thought about the glue used to hold the LED's in place.............

Reactions: Crusty181

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Nah just because it's a weekender and because it was quite windy we thought we may have to do a quick awning pack away (which we did at some ungodly hour last night ugh)

I think I have only un-clipped from the side of the van twice in 2 years...... always usually leave it attached to the van........the legs......

Reactions: Smirke

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
you were faster than me with your explanation there @Crusty181
I am thinking, as you say, that if it was the LED's themselves, it would look like "stitching"
but it is a constant line - hence the thought about the glue used to hold the LED's in place.............
....... which means that the stain line is in the immediate futures of all the new van owners

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yep from the pics it would be the silicon or whatever they use to cover the led's as I had a similar stain on a big vinyl cover on a trailer which came from a bead of silicon that was run on the drop downs.
Thats a nice gypsy camp you had..............
I've wondered but never tried it, can the side awning roll up with the roof bit ????

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
and they will be told - "oh, you must have left the light on while it was rolled up / packed away, sorry but..............."

Yes @bigcol I was thinking the same thing!

I half wondered for a moment last night whether we should have just let the awning blow away so we could claim a new one on insurance.... :p

And yes @Ren77 theyve had overnight rain here all week apparently - but today has been absolutely glorious!
image.jpg

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Ours goes in for its first service on Monday so I'll have to check it tomorrow. @Smirke mentioned a cover and I was in Aldi this morning and they still had boxes of van covers 16-18 foot.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Being up in NQ wouldn't the thing end up with mildew stains anyway if you have it stashed away for a few months at a time.????

Reactions: Flossymk1

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
GERMAN supermarket chain Aldi will invest $400 million opening 70-80 WA stores in the next two years.
The discount supermarket giant plans to open its first stores in Kwinana and Rockingham.
Other sites include Cannington, Southern River, Halls Head (Mandurah), South Lake, Joondalup, Midland, Mundaring and Ellenbrook.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
GERMAN supermarket chain Aldi will invest $400 million opening 70-80 WA stores in the next two years.
The discount supermarket giant plans to open its first stores in Kwinana and Rockingham.
Other sites include Cannington, Southern River, Halls Head (Mandurah), South Lake, Joondalup, Midland, Mundaring and Ellenbrook.
Ooooo, close to me first. Bonus!!!:biggrin: