Interior Gas inside van

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Our 6:00 pm news says they have established a crime scene at the site as the father told a mate a few days back that he wanted to kill himself.

I hate the fact that some people who don't want to live, feel they have to take somebody else with them especially kids.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Just can't believe it especially considering the timing of this thread and how it has made us all take stock of our own safety. I'm sure @Holden_man, that this will hit home with you and your family and will reinforce how lucky your parents were.
What a tragedy for that poor family :(

Horribly sad and tragic and yet avoidable. I suppose it will end up with nothing more than chatter on forums, when it should spark the simple waving of a legislators pen to remedy.

unfortunately @Wanda these guys were living in the Van as a house - not travelling
yes @Crusty181 it will always just be "chatter" on a forum - but it only has to spark 1 interest - like whats happened to @Holden_man 's mum & dad, and the changes that alot of people have now made to their Vans.......... it is not a lost cause

however

when it should spark the simple waving of a legislators pen to remedy.

be very careful with what you wish for - you may just get it - and some

making a basic design feature should be up to the manufacturer (and maybe with some pushing from the public) if its legislated,
like the problems people are now having with their Fridges & annexes.......
a good idea gets screwed up

Reactions: Delano

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Our 6:00 pm news says they have established a crime scene at the site as the father told a mate a few days back that he wanted to kill himself.

I hate the fact that some people who don't want to live, feel they have to take somebody else with them especially kids.
Oh my :(

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
bet most don't know where bloody Anakie is :) had to look it up myself.
Tell you what, if anyone can tell me the nearest large town near Anackie I'll shout you a beer. No looking it up....

I know where it is but won't answer cos I cheated 8-) And a bit far to go for a beer :(

Reactions: Holden_man

Meanderthals

Aka PhilD
Mar 16, 2012
Near Darwin
Yer that's right mate, they're taking the new van to the metropolis of Anakie on the weekend for a Gemfest......bet most don't know where bloody Anakie is :) had to look it up myself.
Tell you what, if anyone can tell me the nearest large town near Anackie I'll shout you a beer. No looking it up....
Not fair, drove past there a week ago.

Reactions: DRW and Holden_man

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Very Schmick, very cool...........................Mickey Thompsons on a van oh dear what a waste but cool.

Showed Mrs "D", now she wants one.........................................so do I actually.