Interior Gas inside van

rags

Hi Holden man, really happy to see that your folks are moving on, it looks like a nice van especially with those Shrek green wheels.
I take it that you need to lift the bench top up to reveal the gas cooktop [8th pic], you would then use that as a heat shield for the protection of the window behind. It would be interesting to see the stove manufacturers recommended install specs and the method used to install by the van manufacturer for compliance with AS 5601.2 [2013] clause 6.10.1 regarding clearances. I assume the van will have a compliance certificate issued to meet QLD rego requirements.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
great stuff Jas, I was actually at Cotton Tree today visiting my brother from the dark side (NSW), he said it all " Next year we will just come straight here instead of stuffing around, this is as good as it gets"

Reactions: Holden_man

rags

Hi mate, how goes it on the Sunny Coast, reckon you'd be warm as toast, like us. These warm sunny days get a bit monotonous eh..... :)

We have been lurking around the Sunny Coast over the last few weeks and must say the weather has been superb especially after leaving home in the snow. Cotton Tree van park must be one of the best located parks around [not that we are staying there].

Reactions: Holden_man

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
mate that is an AWESOME looking bit of kit

your Mum & Dad must be please as punch, and happy as a pig in............

good on them, they deserve that and more I think

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hey @Holden_man , checked out a Lotus Trooper today at Toowoomba, very, very noice.....it's on the list to replace the Tardis as soon as those damn numbers line up, awesome is the word. Love it.

Reactions: bigcol

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Nice work on the new van glad to see your folks are getting straight back into it @Holden_man , Interestingly I was looking through a copy of C&M mag and there's a full page advert from Swift Appliances advertising and encouraging people to fit gas detectors, and stating why gas leaks can occur , basically blame poor road conditions that our van/vehicle are subject to, not driving to conditions and several other things other than their faulty products.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I've found I'm checking the stoves soon as I walk into a van, old or new...........................as well as letting people know about having a gas detector, just showing them some of the pics you posted and the naysayers are changing their mind.........some people I have found don't really believe it can happen, they had their van checked for rego just last year so there's is okay ................I shake my head at some, how do they actually breath without a brain...???????????????????

Hiluxpanda

Mar 20, 2013
I know many cant do it because are running the fridge at night....but I usually turn the gas off at the bottle at night before we go to bed, just in case there is a leak.....not sure if that would stop an incident such as this.....