Who else spent heaps at the caravan shows???

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
It was the big red that I looked at. I can appreciate the quality but I'm not sure I could part with the extra $20k for pretty much the same functionality. If I had an extra $20k I might be tempted by one of the 'Cell' caravans. They were cool. Even had Outside kitchens

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
and before you know it your $40k more :)
Yes very nice.. way out of our price range..
We chatted about getting a Bilby Family although they could not do Triple bunks in it which was a shame.
When we where down Marcus Hill the people a few down had a brand new Cell on it's maiden trip.... nice.. Maybe in 3-4 years we might upgrade.. Need more money.. Sold shares to help buy the Starcraft.. need to win tatts :)

PandaLee

Apr 26, 2014
Brisbane
I like the simple gas bottle covers on the cell caravans, let alone the electric everything and the outdoor kitchen!!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
and before you know it your $40k more :)
Yes very nice.. way out of our price range..
We chatted about getting a Bilby Family although they could not do Triple bunks in it which was a shame.
When we where down Marcus Hill the people a few down had a brand new Cell on it's maiden trip.... nice.. Maybe in 3-4 years we might upgrade.. Need more money.. Sold shares to help buy the Starcraft.. need to win tatts :)
Cell told me that they have a triple bunk family van coming out later in the year. Might be worth a look in case you get that big win!

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Yep, spent heaps at the show yesterday, financial consultant was not with us, all the Dad's day out so it was great.

Saw the new McHitch auto hitch, what an amazing piece of gear, similar to a ring feeder on a truck, so easy to hitch/unhitch have told the wife we're getting one, when is another matter.

Had a really good look at the Expanda's, Starcraft's and Silverline's, great value for money but got to say love the Lotus vans best of all, just got to convince the minister for finance now!!!

Dave

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
I came home from a caravan show this time last year, problem was it gave me incentive to 6 weeks later spend over $40,000.
I am now barred from all caravan and camping shows by SWMBO!

Hell!, SWBO has heart pulpitations when I say I'm off to Jayco to get some bits and pieces!:)

So No! I haven't or won't be going!:o
Come on, you know you love it :D

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
We spent heaps at the show...no new van. Got our portable solar panels, smart space saucepans and frypan and a dometic food sealer. Love my toys. The sealer is particularly handy for bait! Won't stink out the engel!

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
I was looking at the Lotus for a couple of years to come when the kids no longer want to come away with us and we decide to do the big lap, no good for us at the moment but will be just what we need later.

Dave

Reactions: benrosenick

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I was looking at the Lotus for a couple of years to come when the kids no longer want to come away with us and we decide to do the big lap, no good for us at the moment but will be just what we need later.

Dave
Yep, we have done a lot of window shopping for when the kids are grown up and gone!

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
we too looked at the Lotus but they dont convert the table to a bed if needed , as we have one girl 13 that still comes with us for now,
so we bought the Silverline OB and it comes in Sept

Which silverline did you get @mfexpanda ? they do look very nice.

I would love to get to the show over the weekend but unlikely. I am normally more than happy to pay for the convienince of having pretty much every camping toy in one spot, sure beats driving around town to see everything. Makes researching much easier.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
went today, didn't end up meeting up with @expanda as planned (sorry mate got side tracked), rained on way over was OK on arrival and during. just bloody freeeeeeeezzzzzzzing if outside, didn't get to see, half of it,, one persistent sales bloke started to pee me of big time (not Jayco) most didn't want to know about trades (bloody typical) they were pushing hard for sales as tomorrow is last day

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Which silverline did you get @mfexpanda ? they do look very nice.

I would love to get to the show over the weekend but unlikely. I am normally more than happy to pay for the convienince of having pretty much every camping toy in one spot, sure beats driving around town to see everything. Makes researching much easier.
Moto
We got the 21/65/1 in Outback with a few mods

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Yes can't wait we got the seating 150mm wider so it makes a better bed converter the extra outside light on the external shower upgraded the sound system and it comes with a auto sat dish .
Also an add a room to the awning for the kids to sleep in if needed and bike rack
Didn't do the extended draw bar as they have added an extra 275mm to them as standard