Who else spent heaps at the caravan shows???

meandher (a frost)

Mar 21, 2013
The Vines, WA
Guys, I can trump the lot of you. We went to last year's Caravan Show at Perth. At the time we were very proud owners of a Swan Outback. We had talked about trading up, but not all that seriously. The dragon went for a wee whilst I headed for the Jayco stand, I saw what was then the new 20.63.1OB and had to have it.

In the time it took her to place Priscilla in proximity to the Porcelain, the paperwork for the Expanda was just about all done and dusted. It is a good job we have an understanding.....

We went looking for ideas and came away $60K on the wrong side of the ledger and apart from a litany of a Jayco suspect workmanship am still glad that we did it.

CrazyMOBB

Feb 2, 2014
Matcham, Central Coast, NSW
I went to the Sydney show today. Spent money on lunch and an ice cream for the kids. Very controlled. Loved looking through all the Jayco models. Just need ours now. Only days away I think.

Joanne

Dec 10, 2013
Adelaide
I was banned from the C&C shows for a couple of years after buying our 3rd Jayco. We decided to go and have a look around this year as we hadn't been for a little while and Hubby and I fell in love with the Starcraft Outback!! And yes we are now proud owners of a nice new one delivered in Novmeber 2013!!
This must be our last one for quite few years now so looks like we will be staying away.

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Hi all, I hope you all had a great Easter and Anzac weekend. Regarding Camping shows, am I the only person who objects to paying to go inside to look at products that people are trying to flog off to you? I think it should be free entry then perhaps more would attend. The Geelong camping show was $15 entry per adult (if I remember correctly). I won't be going again, I picked up a shade curtain wall the weekend before at Jayco Geelongs sale for half price, and no entrance fee, nearly bought a Weber B aby Q at jayco sale also!!!

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
I went to the Caulfield show earlier this year. No, I wasn't even remotely temped. And I looked at a lotta vans. And camper trailers.
Last week I was around at my local Jayco dealer. Nope not in the least bit tempted. Swifty will do for a decade or so.

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
Guys, I can trump the lot of you. We went to last year's Caravan Show at Perth. At the time we were very proud owners of a Swan Outback. We had talked about trading up, but not all that seriously. The dragon went for a wee whilst I headed for the Jayco stand, I saw what was then the new 20.63.1OB and had to have it.

In the time it took her to place Priscilla in proximity to the Porcelain, the paperwork for the Expanda was just about all done and dusted. It is a good job we have an understanding.....

We went looking for ideas and came away $60K on the wrong side of the ledger and apart from a litany of a Jayco suspect workmanship am still glad that we did it.

I may be able to beat that..... I bought my Panda at the Adelaide Caravan show on February 19...BUT I didn't even go to the show.... I had a quote from a previous show so I just called the Salesman and placed Order without going!!! easiest 'sale' he made that week!!

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
I went to the Sydney show today. Spent money on lunch and an ice cream for the kids. Very controlled. Loved looking through all the Jayco models. Just need ours now. Only days away I think.

You win! :first: Lunch & an ice-cream at a caravan show would require a second mortgage for sure! :) Im sure thats where all my money went at the last one :glee: