Who else spent heaps at the caravan shows???

Fraserdal

Feb 25, 2013
Perth WA
Just had our caravan show in Perth a fornight ago and received my major purchase from the show yesterday. We bought a Honda EU20i generator as the price was too good to refuse. Only problem was, they had sold out all there stock and were waiting for more to arrive which did as they advised and they shipped direct to my work door as promised. Great service from the guys at The Generator Shop. Generator came with extra freebies including all weather cover, security lock cable, 4mtr 15amp extension lead, 5ltr jerry can, fuel stabiliser and 1ltr Honda engine oil. Love my Honda stuff with Honda powered gardening equipment at home but so impressed how quiet this thing is even at full load.

Also purchased some of The Hose Bag etc for all the necessary hoses and cables, a set of Space Saver saucepans and an EcoPot and induction cook top. Maybe can't afford to use the van now after spending so much.:) Just joking, will be going every chance we get.

Reactions: brotys

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Yep they are a trap I went just to have a look at the new Jayco models and came home a few minor purchases Toilet Chem, Camec one Key fits all system barrels, just need to get the housings for all handles except the entry door (More cost), another Drinking hose to have at home for filling the tanks rather than dragging the one out of the box, and got sucked in by a pretty girl who polished my boots for me so I bought some Bees Wax polish, well what else was I to do the Mrs was buying Enjo in the site next door.Really wanted to buy some Skidzz but I'll get some before I go on our July trip. But by far the most costly purchase was Lunch! >:(

Fraserdal

Feb 25, 2013
Perth WA
Yep they are a trap I went just to have a look at the new Jayco models and came home a few minor purchases Toilet Chem, Camec one Key fits all system barrels, just need to get the housings for all handles except the entry door (More cost), another Drinking hose to have at home for filling the tanks rather than dragging the one out of the box, and got sucked in by a pretty girl who polished my boots for me so I bought some Bees Wax polish, well what else was I to do the Mrs was buying Enjo in the site next door.Really wanted to buy some Skidzz but I'll get some before I go on our July trip. But by far the most costly purchase was Lunch! >:(
There's alwasy something to buy. This was our first show since buying the van and really a chance to buy the big initial set up items. We had a bit of gear from our old 83 Jayco Dove but nowhere near enough to properly utilise the new panda. Looking forward to many years of use of the van with all the gear we bought.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Probably should have mentioned we did exactly the same last year The show was just before Easter and we had only had the Expanda a couple of weeks, bought flooring, antiflap kit and Awning shade cloth amongst others​

Reactions: Fraserdal

Fraserdal

Feb 25, 2013
Perth WA
Probably should have mentioned we did exactly the same last year The show was just before Easter and we had only had the Expanda a couple of weeks, bought flooring, antiflap kit and Awning shade cloth amongst others​

It's a trap, I'm sure they're watching and plan shows just after you've purchased a van so you spend lots of money.:D Anway, was well and truly worthwile for us to attend. Will spend a few more nights before decididing if we need the flooring etc. Not sure how much use we would get with that. I suppose depends on where and when we use the van. I believe most parks have ground cover next to the van bays.

Might be in Northam on Sunday work related but if free maybe could look at your setup??

Fraserdal

Feb 25, 2013
Perth WA
Sounds great I should be back from the City by mid afternoon I'll PM you my Mobile number
Might have to see how time goes. Weekend work is driving a bus and have a 2.30 pick up at army camp to come back to Perth but will sms you when I'm there. Plan to be there 1.30 or so.

Fraserdal

Feb 25, 2013
Perth WA
:) Good luck with that! Leave all credit cards, cheque books and cash at home as, if it's with you, you'll spend it. Unless you are strong willed unlike me.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
lol - I too lashed out with a new Kipor 2.6kva generator,Trailer mate, new fold out chairs,Free camping books, A food vacuum packing machine all ready for the new van if all goes well.

:) My other half has already informed me that I am not aloud to go next year caravan show!:(

Reactions: Ren77

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Mrs XF usually plans Expanda getaways that unfortunately coincide with the caravan & camping shows here.
I'm sure I miss out on lots of essential stuff I don't even know I need.
It's easier to get her into Bunnings now, since she's been reading Lara's posts. Small steps. Can manage the Jayco parts place in Geelong cause she likes their free hot chocolate machine.

benrosenick

Nov 26, 2013
Sydney, NSW
www.bushpalace.com.au
Resurrecting this after a visit to the Sydney show yesterday... Am now the proud owner of an Ecopot and induction plate that I didn't even know we needed (but looks great); an 85cm satellite dish; a pair of cordpro's (one for power, the other for the twin 20m coax cables that come with the sat dish); a cheap rollup drinking water hose (not the Flat-out, but nowhere near the cost either) and my favourite buy - a pair of inflatable LED lanterns like these for when I am camping on the motorbike
shopping

Have to say I'm surpised at how much of the stuff is not actually on special at the show. For example the CordPro was the same cost as I can get on eBay, with free shipping. You have to be careful not to get sucked in to thinking everything's a bargain I reckon.

Also had a chance to look at the 2014 models, and luckily not enough has changed to make me think my 2013 is inadequate and therefore in need of replacement. The new roof hatch in the 17' is great - I may even see if there is room to retrofit one, but I wasn't impressed with the new windows... the blinds are great but the windows themselves seem really flimsy. The awning roller LED is also nice but I'm very happy with my van mounted LED strip. I know the suspension is the other big change but I can survive on my old fashioned springs and axles for now. If it works for the Amish.....

Cheers benrosnick

Last edited:

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
I came home from a caravan show this time last year, problem was it gave me incentive to 6 weeks later spend over $40,000.
I am now barred from all caravan and camping shows by SWMBO!

Hell!, SWBO has heart pulpitations when I say I'm off to Jayco to get some bits and pieces!:)

So No! I haven't or won't be going!:o

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
The one and only caravan show we ever went to was just to buy a couple of bits and pieces for our Galaxy caravan.
Walked into the Jayco stand and walked out of there $43K lighter in the pocket.....:confused:

Never had any intention of buying a van, as we already had one

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
The one and only caravan show we ever went to was just to buy a couple of bits and pieces for our Galaxy caravan.
Walked into the Jayco stand and walked out of there $43K lighter in the pocket.....:confused:

that's exactly what a work mate of mine did on the weekend, went to buy a few bit's n peace's for his existing van, came home with an order for new van, as he purchased one of the show vans he takes delivery in 2 weeks.

mikerosenkids

Sep 18, 2013
Loftus
I came home from a caravan show this time last year, problem was it gave me incentive to 6 weeks later spend over $40,000.
I am now barred from all caravan and camping shows by SWMBO!

Hell!, SWBO has heart pulpitations when I say I'm off to Jayco to get some bits and pieces!:)

So No! I haven't or won't be going!:o

Hamish I too have been barred first it was ebay now all camping shows ha ha

Matty I am a firm believer in you can't have too much stuff for camping and as I get older I long for an easier set up and pack up

Reactions: hamish22