17' Series Which BBQ is best?

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
We have the Weber Q120 and cooked up a storm while we were away over the school holidays ... managed to fit a 1.5 kg pork and 1.5 kg lamb in it at the same time and cooked to perfection! Also cooked pizza, cupcakes and caramel tarts! We bought a plate for it but this is still sitting in its box - for bacon and eggs and any marinated meats we use a BBQ-ezy rigid sheet which are .35mm thick and can be found on eBay. We are a family of 4 and use the baby Q 3-4 days a week - next buy will be a Q300 with a high lid for home ...!
You won't regret the big one for home. We've got the high lid BabyQ in the van and the high lid FamilyQ (eBay) on the deck at home. Also got a wireless meat thermometer off eBay. Same experience as you with the hot plates. They're in the shed. Those sheets do the trick without weight, and are also great for camp kitchen or picnic bbq's when you're on the road.

Greg & Janette

Dec 29, 2012
We have just got a Weber Q200, so we have to practice a few times before taking it for a trip. Finding a home for it in the van will be a challenge. By the way we have been trying to find a bag for it. Any suggestions as it looks like Weber only makes a bag for the Baby Q.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
We have just got a Weber Q200, so we have to practice a few times before taking it for a trip. Finding a home for it in the van will be a challenge. By the way we have been trying to find a bag for it. Any suggestions as it looks like Weber only makes a bag for the Baby Q.
Maybe try a "disposals store" for a large duffel bag or if you have a tarp/tent/canvas worker nearby you could get one run up out of heavy canvas.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle

Hi guys, we bought the Q220 and cover from Barbeques Galore.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
They stopped making the duffle bags on rolllers for them a while back...

I heard some mention in this thread i believe they where using an ikea blue bag to store it in.

Otherwise I was going to try an oztrail canvas bag and see if it fits in there.....

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
how did i miss this thread originally? oh i was travelling :p

We have the baby Q120 with high lid, temp gauge and electronic ignition. Cook everything on it from snags, to roasts to bread and muffins! Such a versatile little unit.

Ours does not fit through the front locker door. We store it currently in the original weber box under the table in the van. No smell goes through the van. Planning to get a plastic box to replace the very quickly wearing out cardboard box! LOL.

We also got a 3m gas line (no reg required) to plug into the bayonet on the drawbar of our van. Works a treat. Although i wish i had a bayonet at the back of the van also so i could position for cooking dependant on wind.

If i had my time again, i would investigate just how much bigger the Q220 as cooking bacon and eggs for 4 adults and 1 child is not so successful as far as time is concerned with the breaky plate (i use the one for the 200 as it covers most of grill but still enough air breathing etc).

Big fan of the weber. It now comes out of the van to the house when we get home and has virtually replaced my BBQ at home also. So quick, so efficient on gas, so easy to clean. :amen:

Reactions: LUK77Y

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Try again.....
image.jpg