QLD Western QLD Shire Roads

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
www.expandasdownunder.com
Bit of moisture out West here, Road Conditions available at these Council pages............. DEC20/JAN21 .

or the QLD GOVT site https://qldtraffic.qld.gov.au/index.html

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Still a bit of moisture out west, going to be some green and 60million, trillion flies.....

Wilsons waterhole at Noccundra Pub certainly wet...

Track to waterhole, but thats not the waterhole.................. wilsons2.jpg...............

Wilsons01.jpg...camping spot is along the line of trees with the Waterhole beyond them.....now there's a moat....(pics Noccundra Pub)

Reactions: 1DayIll

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Still a bit of moisture out west, going to be some green and 60million, trillion flies.....

Wilsons waterhole at Noccundra Pub certainly wet...

Track to waterhole, but thats not the waterhole..................View attachment 66383...............

View attachment 66384...camping spot is along the line of trees with the Waterhole beyond them.....now there's a moat....(pics Noccundra Pub)
Are you giving the Dig Tree another shot ???

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A few more red signs on the map for QLD.....

and SA isn't looking much better so far............

But it is good see some moisture out there..................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Mate coming over from Wait Awhile rang me this morning, hoping I could plot him a course to Rocky from SA, boy lots of red markers on the maps today..... he's going to run to Broken Hill, Cobar, Bourke, Cunnamulla, St George, Roma and up to Emerald seems the most likely to stay dry.

Noticed the road from Cunnamulla to Thargomindah is closed at Eulo and lots long the border to Tenterfield....... Free camp at Texas is under water along with many others I imagine..........

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Mate coming over from Wait Awhile rang me this morning, hoping I could plot him a course to Rocky from SA, boy lots of red markers on the maps today..... he's going to run to Broken Hill, Cobar, Bourke, Cunnamulla, St George, Roma and up to Emerald seems the most likely to stay dry.

Noticed the road from Cunnamulla to Thargomindah is closed at Eulo and lots long the border to Tenterfield....... Free camp at Texas is under water along with many others I imagine..........
Just arrived in Charleville from SA, had to come up via Broken Hill, Cobar & Cunnamulla. Wanted go from BH to Tibooburra and up but not a hope.
Spent last night at Wyandra where I spoke to truckies heading south and they reckon all the trucks are using that route because it's the only sure way of getting through. There was a couple of spots between Cunnamulla & Wyandra that had very shallow running water over the road but not enough to stop a Holden Commy little own a 4x4.
On a good note it's been dry out here the last 5 days so hopefully some roads will be reopened this week.
There is water everywhere and the locals all have an ear to ear grin.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Good sealed road from Thargomindah to Innamnkca .................... and road from Thargomindah to Longreach via Erromanga, Kyabra, Windorah and Jundah is also pretty good, light traffic as well.....................

Reactions: DRW and 2slow

2slow

Jul 20, 2018
Gawler SA
Slight aside here. The caravan park in Jundah is great, $18 per night or stay 3 get 4 for a powered site.
Amenities are good, the pub is literally next door and Warren, the publican is a real character. Really glad we stopped for a few nights.

Good sealed road from Thargomindah to Innamnkca .................... and road from Thargomindah to Longreach via Erromanga, Kyabra, Windorah and Jundah is also pretty good, light traffic as well.....................

Reactions: DRW and Drover