WDH on A New Cruiser

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi All

Those of you that have 200 series cruisers, do you use a WDH and have you upgraded the springs ?
I have a WDH from the Pajero and wondering if I will need it on the Cruiser

Thanks
Lindsay

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
But it was really funny outside the restaurant we were trying to work out why the bloody thing would not lock,
still need to work out the Start/Stop button properly (it was still in acc mode)

Our daughter got something out of ours just after we got it. Then spent 10 minutes trying to lock it. Kept pulling on the door handle to see if it was locked with key in her other hand....funny as.....I eventually told her the "trick".

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Yay, WDH up for sale then :)

picked her up last night "OH What a Feeling" love the LED headlights
and bloody hell its quiet.
But it was really funny outside the restaurant we were trying to work out why the bloody thing would not lock,
still need to work out the Start/Stop button properly (it was still in acc mode)
I still go to take the key out of the ignition when I stop. Also went to change gears the other day too.
The headlights are great aren't they. Tossing up whether to get spotties or not. I don't like to drive in the dark anymore as I get too tired but with the lights being so good I'm in two minds.

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
Yes HIDs are beautiful but to tell you the truth if money was limited I would just go for a decent led bar. The way a good led bar can light an area is impressive and I find my HIDs are not that much help anymore, I have played around and switched my HIDs off and on and they only make a marginal difference way down the road.

Anyway on the topic of WDHs, I run a Hayman Reece on our 200 series (that is with the basestation) with standard suspension. When I save up a bit more I am planning on getting some airbags (with that flash in car adjustment doodads). Depending on the size of the van you may get away without one but they do have a purpose.

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Its of topic but i took my HIDs off to stop blocking air to my raidator and intercooler no real change as the lights in the 100 are so good anyway they will never be back on laying on floor in my shed

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I used to do all my driving at night, so I have always had good spotlights

I have heard of people taking their spotties off to help with the cooling etc - get smaller spotlights with a greater power
instead of 35W or 55W, get 75W HID, but in a smaller spottie - 3" instead of 7"/8"

100W Halogen bulb puts out the same light as a 35W HID
130W Halogen bulb puts out the same light as a 40W HID
8W LED bulb puts out the same light as a 100W Halogen (but not concentrated)

as @Sammy D said, get a LED Light Bar
except they must be in pairs as per ADR's - and the Law
lots of people getting picked up lately for having an LED Light Bar - singular
on the roof rack
on the top of the Bull Bar
below the front Bull Bar
etc
(or putting black tape in the middle to make it look like 2 Light Bars)

one of the reasons that 56" light bars are so cheap

you cannot legally fit them to your car / 4wd / truck

below is where you CAN fit LED Light Bars in WA
light-bar.jpg

below is where you CAN NOT fit LED Light Bars in WA

light-bar-2.jpg

Reactions: dagree

Sammy D

Feb 14, 2016
Quirindi
I think the rules are similar here @bigcol but everyone has them on top of the bullbar, actually I have a picture of the local paddy wagon with a nice big led bar on top of the bullbar:eek-53:

Reactions: Smirke and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I like that they allow you to have them on the roof..............

***Edit***
- we are NOT allowed to have them on the roof in WA - "it blinds oncoming cars............"
..............go figure...............

Last edited:

JaycoQ

Jan 7, 2013
Highton, Geelong, Vic
Hi All

Those of you that have 200 series cruisers, do you use a WDH and have you upgraded the springs ?
I have a WDH from the Pajero and wondering if I will need it on the Cruiser

Thanks
Lindsay
We always use a WDH on our 200 when towing. Standard suspension, find it levels it up and rides better.