Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
The simple facts are ,the sooner we all get vaccinated the quicker life should have some semblance of normality.
Too many so called FB medical experts so much b……….t .!Since I was born in 1946 I have had numerous vaccinations,at the last count I was still alive ! Think about the overworked nurses,doctors etc ,get vaccinated and everybody stop whinging ,it could be alot worse .

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
The simple facts are ,the sooner we all get vaccinated the quicker life should have some semblance of normality.
Too many so called FB medical experts so much b……….t .!Since I was born in 1946 I have had numerous vaccinations,at the last count I was still alive ! Think about the overworked nurses,doctors etc ,get vaccinated and everybody stop whinging ,it could be alot worse .
Amen to all that @BJM .

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
So 950 cases today really is this place that bad seems so ..... full lock down since 20 cases no construction working that's helped a lot numbers still growing out of control where we not happy with NSW taking the highest numbers we have to out do them I'm sure we will longest lock down in the world highest covid numbers which I'm sure we will get leading into Christmas that's great well done Victoria good job keep it up maybe we will be able to Wright off 2022 as well

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
So 950 cases today really is this place that bad seems so ..... full lock down since 20 cases no construction working that's helped a lot numbers still growing out of control where we not happy with NSW taking the highest numbers we have to out do them I'm sure we will longest lock down in the world highest covid numbers which I'm sure we will get leading into Christmas that's great well done Victoria good job keep it up maybe we will be able to Wright off 2022 as well

Doesn't look too good for Christmas for you @Bluey. And NSW hasn't yet let the mobs roam free when they get to 80% vaccinated. Too many people moving around and not complying with the Covid restrictions too. It is hard for me in Queensland with our almost unlimited freedoms to imagine how you feel. Hang in there!

Reactions: Bluey and chartrock

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Might get the longest lock down but a longway off the number of cases and deaths compared to countries overseas and even though in Australia Influenza killed more folk annually than this Covid has so far, I reckon if left unchecked in would surpass the Influenza tally by thousands, something i don't think is worth the gamble and while many blame the politicians I think the populace has to shoulder some of the blame as well................... In QLD I think it is by abundant luck or arse that we haven't had more cases, possibly weather but also lifestyle and an aversion to going to Brisbane unless absolutely needed............ whatever its just a big case of RCy luck really............
Stay sane my friend and keep polishing that Tonka truck Bluey.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Cannot disagree with any of the above in the first paragraph. The second one about Police moving through passive spectators to "get their targets" needs to be looked at in the full context of what was happening. Obviously, the main targets were the leaders or the agitators, not just the followers and "rent-a-crowd".

I believe that Governments make laws for the good of the community and also for their safety. When such laws are broken, then it is the task of the Government nominated squads (police) to ensure that the perpetrators are reined in.
When laws are legislated and not enforced, anarchy takes over and society reverts to the law of the jungle and survival of the fittest. Of course, if enough of the population don't agree, then the ballot box is the way to go. Is "the pen mightier than the sword?"
I have a long list of these community spirited laws, there are 1000s of them. But one should suffice. Murder, bashings, rapes, home invasions, drug importation, paedophilia, and the list goes on all required the scrutiny of court issued search warrants to gather evidence .... the new Covid laws not so much, they have unfetted powers of forced entry without warrant and without scrutiny.

If my local member is an opposition member, backbencher or Minister i have no voice at all and in all other cases not much more. Ill take the sword thanks, it comes with comforting instant optics :D

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
1438 cases in Vic today
we wont get out till the 22nd century
20mths into this $hit show, 371 hospitalised covid cases are apparently enough to send the state health system spiralling into a crisis. What the hell happended to the other 14629 beds, and what in baby jesus's name have these flogs been doing for the last 20 mths. The rolling incompetence is staggering. @Boots in Action, back to your earlier comment it might well be time for the chippie to step up.

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Hope you can all stay safe and travel is around the corner, SA cannot be too far behind, it will just be a matter of time before we have a breakout. Either an escapee or border opening. Then we will have the pleasure of lockdown.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I know if I was in SEQ I would be hooking up and going for a little wander at least 250km West or North from Brisbane....................... and having just read the Courier latest news with my lunch, yeppers, certainly sounds like Monday morning will see Queen Anna lock up the SEQ populace again......... (I still have a subscription as I was overuled by a higher authority)

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
I know if I was in SEQ I would be hooking up and going for a little wander at least 250km West or North from Brisbane....................... and having just read the Courier latest news with my lunch, yeppers, certainly sounds like Monday morning will see Queen Anna lock up the SEQ populace again......... (I still have a subscription as I was overuled by a higher authority)
very sound advice
believe me being locked up sucks

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
It's bad enough just being locked up for so long those of us with young kids not any better it's hard on the wife and the Husband like man flue ...
Imagine having a small business and young kids it's tragic...... and we all said cancel the public holiday for grand final the leaders .....no carnt do that .... now he's blaming all of us for getting together grand final public holiday absolute dickkkkkkkhressdssss ...
But I'm reality there hasn't been enough time these numbers where comming anyway I used to go with the flow but I'm starting to loose it anger is setting in I know I carnt do anything much like the government .....
People have had enough and are starting to do as they wish within reason

• Sad
Reactions: Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
20mths into this $hit show, 371 hospitalised covid cases are apparently enough to send the state health system spiralling into a crisis. What the hell happended to the other 14629 beds, and what in baby jesus's name have these flogs been doing for the last 20 mths. The rolling incompetence is staggering. @Boots in Action, back to your earlier comment it might well be time for the chippie to step up.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I can imagine @Bluey and I think if SEQ goes back down, it will hit the fan here as well, I think people in SEQ have had a gutful, majority have done the right thing and now it seems stuffed around more, with a growing feeling of just let it go and take what comes instead of this slow death by political announcements.............. its here, its with us, we have to get used to it, don't want a vax then take precautions and make sure your medical is paid up............. Can't be vaxxed be doubly cautious or move out of the buggy cities.......

I'm old and cynical........................... but you can't hide forever from these things........ we voted the clowns in just have to vote them out but the sheep have short memories and a $300 windfall will win their vote.....

Reactions: Disco Duck

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Don't commit yourself to that @Crusty181. The cost to your health and future life is not worth it, even if you were able to improve things. Your sudden appearance into the land of changes is not going to help at this stage as the damage has already been done. The huge surge in numbers is surely the result of all those unvaccinated idiots parading through the populace claiming that the whole Covid thing is a hoax or some sort of conspiracy. Now you have to put up with the result of their madness. You cannot blame the pollies for that. As appointed commander in chief temporarily, what would you have done to stop these idiots that have caused so much more misery on all you Victorians? If the people do not accept that this pandemic exists and want to carry on with this illegal riotous behaviour, then ALL of you are going to have to suffer the consequences. And don't blame the fact that people are in lock down either. Undisciplined mobs are the downfall and unfortunately, lock downs are the only alternative unless you are prepared for the alternative of Covid running uncontrolled throughout Victoria.

We have our share of idiots and "doesn't apply to me people" up here as well. Infected truckie (yes a Queenslander to boot) from NSW enters Qld and spends 6 days going around to several different places on the Gold Coast and did not check into one of those places with the QR app. Trying to contact trace his movements a huge undertaking while the rest of us are subject to tighter restrictions (and possible lock down), not good for any of the businesses in that area. A Brisbane woman decides to go visit her Mother (who was not feeling well) in border bubble (nice humanitarian touch but stupid) as Mother did not get tested and had Covid!!! Now Daughter brings back possibility of infection into Brisbane suburbia. What sort of (lack of) grey matter makes people do these things. You can't blame the pollies for that sort of thing. It is the brave hospital and nursing staff that have to work on the front line amongst all the infected that I feel sorry for. So harden up buttercup!!! It is going to be a long war.

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
The Phantom will be pleased!

• Haha
Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Yea I sort of agree @Boots in Action but I reckon it is the pollys fault they start the stupidity by banning us eating lunch in the sheds I'm not saying they where right to do what they did but the rules are and where ...... I can que for coffee 100 deep all chatting with our dogs in a que in Williamstown or Brighton anywhere ..... but I carnt sit in the sheds 1 man per table out of the sun.. wind ... weather ...sheer stupidity and the people ran with it and went crazy
Now how has stopping construction helped our numbers ..... they have exploded while we sit at home stupid rules bring stupid actions by stupid people ....nothing has been done here to get hospitals ready ....they soon will be treating people in car parks if they can get the staff God help us ....

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Don't commit yourself to that @Crusty181. The cost to your health and future life is not worth it, even if you were able to improve things. Your sudden appearance into the land of changes is not going to help at this stage as the damage has already been done. The huge surge in numbers is surely the result of all those unvaccinated idiots parading through the populace claiming that the whole Covid thing is a hoax or some sort of conspiracy. Now you have to put up with the result of their madness. You cannot blame the pollies for that. As appointed commander in chief temporarily, what would you have done to stop these idiots that have caused so much more misery on all you Victorians? If the people do not accept that this pandemic exists and want to carry on with this illegal riotous behaviour, then ALL of you are going to have to suffer the consequences. And don't blame the fact that people are in lock down either. Undisciplined mobs are the downfall and unfortunately, lock downs are the only alternative unless you are prepared for the alternative of Covid running uncontrolled throughout Victoria.

We have our share of idiots and "doesn't apply to me people" up here as well. Infected truckie (yes a Queenslander to boot) from NSW enters Qld and spends 6 days going around to several different places on the Gold Coast and did not check into one of those places with the QR app. Trying to contact trace his movements a huge undertaking while the rest of us are subject to tighter restrictions (and possible lock down), not good for any of the businesses in that area. A Brisbane woman decides to go visit her Mother (who was not feeling well) in border bubble (nice humanitarian touch but stupid) as Mother did not get tested and had Covid!!! Now Daughter brings back possibility of infection into Brisbane suburbia. What sort of (lack of) grey matter makes people do these things. You can't blame the pollies for that sort of thing. It is the brave hospital and nursing staff that have to work on the front line amongst all the infected that I feel sorry for. So harden up buttercup!!! It is going to be a long war.
Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political. Could the concept possibly get any better than this

Leaders lead. If the peasants aren't doing what is being asked of them I would suggest at the very least some of that responsibility should fall at the feet of the person doing the asking. Dumbo is most certainly not a leader; you can Google up any attribute/s, definition or description of a leader you care to and you will not find Dumbos assets listed,

If people aren't listening then it's because Dumbo is missing the mark and isn't leading. What Dumbo is selling, not everyone is buying and the reasons they aren't buying are not as naive and simplistic as everyone's in an undisciplined mob. Current Covid stats would suggest at this point that the so-called undisciplined mobs haven't actually caused any issues at all.

The most fundamental element of Aust life, your average Joe suburban family has caused the latest doubling of the stats. How does that square away against the undisciplined mobs. It is of course our role and duty to question those in power, and blindly following these buffoons is nuts. Politicians and bureaucrats have been the cause of every single issue and hiccup we have had through this whole pandemic. Covid is bad enough, but the Vic Govt is worse than pouring petrol on it.

For the record Im not politically biased, I have no blind allegiance to any of these nongs .... unfortunately, both sides of the political spectrum are currently as problematic as each other.

Some folk of course some will just be opportunistic belligerent turds, but I doubt anyone is naive enough to suggest every naysayer fits that category. Many folk will be disillusioned, some will feel violated, some just can't hear the message thru the relentless BS, some are confused by the misinformation, some are sick to death of the politicking, and some just don't trust the messenger (+1). I know who is to blame for the belligerent ones, but who would you suggest is to blame for the rest.

Most people are not belligerent undisciplined mobsters, or conspiracy theorists or even anti-vaxxers. Some will be seeing their businesses, their lives or their families crumbling whilst they watch the likes of the corporate and retail giants of Aust thriving to record profits in the same environment. I go into Bunnings as an exempt tradie, but the place is full of old nannas buying paint and plants.

As Govts argue over table scrap worker support many peasants will be barely getting by whilst burgeoning corporate monoliths are bathed in massive Govt handouts.

Just a side question to ponder, when QANTAS once again puts its giant private corporate greedy hand out for a Govt bag of cash, why do we just hand over that cash .... why isnt it provided as either a loan or percentage investment purchase on behalf of the taxpayer ???

18 mths ago our Govt announced an 800% (yes, 8 times) increase in available intensive care hospital beds to deal with covid predictions .... 18mths ago. The Alfred Hospitals reknown Burnet Institute has advised that the State needs to be prepped right now for a 2000+ capacity. Our State health system is currently and repeatedly described as crumbling under the current (light covid) load. 18mths ago we had 500 intensive care beds, and today we have ...... um, 500 intensive care beds. The crippled health system currently has less than 83 in thise 500 intensive care beds, 400 short of the rather questionable limit and we're already overwhelmed and we're apparently inline for a onslaught.

Dumbo more than seven years ago promised to resolve the ambulance ramping crisis which existed back then, last Monday as an exmaple the Northern Hospital had 13 ambulances ramped for hours, and Royal Melb's ramping often exceeds 20 on the ramp.

Two days ago Vic Worksafe issued 58 charges against the Dumbo's Govt under Vic's Industrial Manslaughter Laws, all resulting from covid bungles. When Dumbo and his merry band of clown implemented the harshest Workplace Industrial Manslaughter legislation, he forgot to add the obligitory exemption usually slipped into these things making Govts exempt ..... and whoops, now his large industrial stick has just performed an own goal. He may have been able to stage his own 'enquiry' with his hand puppet ex Fed Crt Judge Coates performing like Gerry Gee, but the County Court has those pesky rules of evidence, perjury ... and the stonker of cross-examination. Now, don't get too excited at this point its only one State Govt vs another State Govt Dept which should cost taxpayers well north of $200mill, but depending on the prosecutor could truly test the flogs. Many knuckleheads before them have tripped at the starting gate and copped a few extra personal charges as a result. What will happen then is they will legislate themselves an escape hatch hatch, if they havent already quietly done that. They could be found guilty of offences by that court, but never be held to account because they have the power to exempt themselves. If you dont think this $hit isnt going on all the time ...... think again

Now, are these the people you're suggesting I should trust with my livelihood, my life, my money, my family, my health and my future ??

Anyways ... did you know I drive a Troopy (photo for attention)

20210119_195700-resized-1400.jpg

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yea I sort of agree @Boots in Action but I reckon it is the pollys fault they start the stupidity by banning us eating lunch in the sheds I'm not saying they where right to do what they did but the rules are and where ...... I can que for coffee 100 deep all chatting with our dogs in a que in Williamstown or Brighton anywhere ..... but I carnt sit in the sheds 1 man per table out of the sun.. wind ... weather ...sheer stupidity and the people ran with it and went crazy
Now how has stopping construction helped our numbers ..... they have exploded while we sit at home stupid rules bring stupid actions by stupid people ....nothing has been done here to get hospitals ready ....they soon will be treating people in car parks if they can get the staff God help us ....
Yup, that eating outside certainly looks heaps safer .... :D

599c2b2ede0023c80ff3f47afe602e27a6448d9f.jpg