Tyres

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
Go the Bridgestones , just released a new muddy tread superseeding the 673 is the 674 , great tread pattern but not really agressive . I think its going to be a hit , ive just put them on the van so we will see how they wear .
As far as the a/t 697 they s$%t over all your other brands but im not biast !!!!!!!!

Reactions: Holden_man

The Alberto

Oct 19, 2012
Rockhampton QLD
Hi folks,
Will also be in the market this year for new boots for the Prado, so reading with interest. What about Bridgestone D697 LT A/T's any comments good bad or indifferent? Had been considering these.

HM

Mate of mine has a set of the 697s on a 120 series Prado. He loves them, rekons they are prob not quite as good as the BFGs offroad but better for towing and on road driving. Wear rate was pretty good too. The Bridgestones are what i had decided to put on my 150, but they were not available at the time and I got a really good deal on the BFGs instead. IMO don't really think you could go wrong with a set.

Reactions: BUSH PALACE

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Go the Bridgestones , just released a new muddy tread superseeding the 673 is the 674 , great tread pattern but not really agressive . I think its going to be a hit , ive just put them on the van so we will see how they wear .
As far as the a/t 697 they s$%t over all your other brands but im not biast !!!!!!!!
Let us know how they go BP, I reakon I'll be up for a set for the van next year.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Geez BP, I asked you when down in the high country about what to put on my Navara, and I am even more confused now. :frusty: All the above plus Maxxis and Hankooks, I don't know which way to jump. Just as well the current shoes (Pirellis) still have a bit of life left in them. :hopelessness:

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I reckon the 697's are a good tyre. A big advantage is that you are likely to be able to replace a corner no matter where you are in the country.
(still like my Cooper AT3's)

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Given the bridgestone's are new wouldn't you think they are really untested?

Understand bridgetsone has been around for a while as a tyre but releasing a new product means it has to go through the ringer to be proven properly so right now its hard to say wether they will have longevity?

Just throwing it out there as with the BF's, Cooper etc they are tried and tested......

Chooky

Jan 14, 2013
Glenden, Qld
I had the 694's before the ST Maxx and found the made the car pull left all the time, tried rotating and wheel alignments, not that they will help as they only have a toe adjustment anyway but they seemed to wear really quick aswell and they were supposed to be the bees knees at the time. I pulled them off at about half tread as we were doing the cape trip and I didn't really trust them to go up there. With the coopers on the car drives dead straight all the time, so for me I wouldn't go back to the Bridgestones. But that's just my opinion.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I have had the 697's on since December (at least I am sure they are 697's - will check when I get to te car - on the train now). Love them! Wear has been brilliant and not noisy at all. Very happy with them.

They had just come out when I got them so was dubious about them but so far so good. Better than the factory Dunlop boots that I only got 35000klms!

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
I had the 694's before the ST Maxx and found the made the car pull left all the time, tried rotating and wheel alignments, not that they will help as they only have a toe adjustment anyway but they seemed to wear really quick aswell and they were supposed to be the bees knees at the time. I pulled them off at about half tread as we were doing the cape trip and I didn't really trust them to go up there. With the coopers on the car drives dead straight all the time, so for me I wouldn't go back to the Bridgestones. But that's just my opinion.
Wooo thats a bit harsh !!!!!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Had Bridgestone 694's on PJ from new,only chucked them this time last year with 92,000+ km on the clock trouble free wth plenty of towing, went to the Bridgestone 697's so far.so good with around 35,000 km already.
I've had Coopers in the past on my old Pathie and liked them though did distroy 2 of them, I. Couldn't justify the extra cost this time,

My mate is currently running the Hancook AT's and is pretty happy with them, also on a PJ.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Confirmed mine on the weekend - they are the 697's. very happy.
Had balance and rotation done on the weekend and very little change. The dealer said tyres were wearing excellently so all good.

Reactions: BUSH PALACE

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
Hi Chooky.
I have Bridgestone 694 L/T on my Prado 150 since new. 30000 Km. The Prado also pulls to the left & steers without much feel. (Vague). Its had many alignments & tyre rotations. I feel its the tyres & will try something else next time.
JVP

Reactions: Chooky

xpanda

Apr 28, 2013
Gippsland
Hi all,
Pajero is up for new tyres just wondering what everyone is running tossing up between Micky Thompson mtz or cooper st maxx interested to see what you are using and how you find them thanks in advance.

Hi 14.44
We have a Paj NT, and went the Mickey STZ 5 rib and very happy with them, $350 tyre

StevoPX

Aug 28, 2013
I had the 4 rib MT's on my previous mk triton and the were terrific on the dirt roads! beautifull grip in all cond, They did wonder a smidge on the blacktop though, but bulitproof on the dirt!

StevoPX

Aug 28, 2013
My mums partner has st max,they're going well! Also we run the 5 rib MT's on our work tray top cos its the only tyre that weares past 20 k on the rear! The centre rib also has a lot to do with keeping it straight on the blacktop as well! That's the tyre I would buy for towing for this exact reason! Im only new to vanning but old hand at 4wding and Any Mickey AT tyre has gone well for me and the work ute!

Reactions: Xpandafan

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Just travelled today in a Ranger from Kalgoorlie to north of Laverton. This one is running ST max, as opposed to the AT3 I have on mine, I found them very noisy by comparison.