The What Did You Do On The Weekend Thread!!

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
What some old buggers do for a birthday treat. 270 metres up on the Q1 tower.

YourPhoto_0001.JPG
YourPhoto_0003.JPG
YourPhoto_0004.JPG

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
ARE YOU FOR REAL @chartrock happy birthday but for Me that's no treat I'd shite myself
The safety precautions are really over the top so there is no danger. If it wasn’t this then it would have been a tandem jump so, as it was a gift from the kids, Mrs CR told them to go for the climb. ‍ But she reckons the older I get the sillier I get.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Better you than me I can tell you, once upon a time no drama but not now .............................. Did you play seagull on someone below ???? ?
Mate the outfit and tackle you have to wear, you would be lucky to pass wind through it. And you have to take everything out o your pockets, watches and jewellery off, then you are breathalysed and they run a metal detector over you. I even had to leave my nose rag behind.

• Wow
Reactions: Drover

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Mate the outfit and tackle you have to wear, you would be lucky to pass wind through it. And you have to take everything out o your pockets, watches and jewellery off, then you are breathalysed and they run a metal detector over you. I even had to leave my nose rag behind.
How come they allowed you to wear your cap so far up in the air? It could become a flying missile to any seagulls fluttering around below you?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD

They would have been shocked at the harness I had to wear to hang out of a Herc only half the size but had to have pockets empty and no loose gear to end up as FOD material......................... throwing up was the biggest fear up there, wind would blow it everywhere, no where to hide.............. I think feeling the building move is the scary bit, well last one I was up on 20 years ago would sway.......

Reactions: chartrock

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
How come they allowed you to wear your cap so far up in the air? It could become a flying missile to any seagulls fluttering around below you?
Have a close look on the right shoulder of all wearing caps. There is a tether to a buckle on the harness with a tag specially sewn into the cap. There was another one for our mask which we had to have with us before going outside.
YourPhoto_0007.JPG

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Have a close look on the right shoulder of all wearing caps. There is a tether to a buckle on the harness with a tag specially sewn into the cap. There was another one for our mask which we had to have with us before going outside.View attachment 67559
Well @chartrock , for an old bloke, you have some "pretty" nice company with you. Forget about the tethers, there are more interesting sights to see.

Reactions: chartrock