16' Series The wait is excruciating!

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
How come it takes 2 weeks to do a pre-delivery check or are you getting extra's put on here in Adelaide?

Gavin
We've got no idea what they do to it here, we thought everything would have been fitted at the factory and all they would need to do is register it. Still, we are relieved it's here, we ordered it late April and we've been waiting so long we were starting to think things were going pear shaped!

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
The wait is nearly over, I am so glad I bought one of the 'demonstrators'

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
:cheer2::cheer2: Where's the pics?????????
photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG
Notice where the back light's been put :noidea: Oh well, we're just pleased it's actually here AND that it is the SPORT. Had some doubts it may arrive and be a standard van!!!

Last edited:

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
View attachment 17479 View attachment 17480
Notice where the back light's been put :noidea: Oh well, we're just pleased it's actually here AND that it is the SPORT. Had some doubts it may arrive and be a standard van!!!
Looks Great!!!

With the light we have one either side and same as you one is nullified when door is open which leads me to ask what dill designed that?

Reactions: Wanda

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
I was trying to show my neighbour the "Sport" as he has two kids and is really into mountain bikes. I can't find it on the Jayco website. Does anyone have a floor pan they could post?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I would be telling them you want another light on the other side before handing over the folding stuff! No charge either. You wonder what they think at the factory sometimes?:crazy:

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
I was trying to show my neighbour the "Sport" as he has two kids and is really into mountain bikes. I can't find it on the Jayco website. Does anyone have a floor pan they could post?
Hi Soaring, from what I understand Jayco are not going to put this van into production and only a very, very few were made. Here is a link to the page where they promoted it as a new concept at the Melbourne C/Van and Camping Show. We have never seen one in the flesh and ordered it after seeing it here http://www.australiancaravans.com.au/library/03/2013/concept-jayco-expanda-sport/#more-3679 and when they posted pictures of it on their facebook page. We love the back door idea and can't believe they are not going to put them into production.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Pick-up appointment has been made, Thursday the 17th :cheer2:. In preparation for the impending arrival Mr. Wanda has been doing a thorough going over the Triton. To our utter astonishment he discovered the tow bar assembly has been attached by 2 finger tight bolts, 1 on either side and the other bolts were so loose they were actually showing daylight between the bolt and the tow bar assembly. The only thing that had stopped them from vibrating out completely was the spring loaded washers. It would have been like this from brand new. So for the last 20 months we have been towing our fully loaded camper trailer behind us with not much hanging onto it, so much for using the safety chain! Needless to say, Mitsubishi will be getting a phone call tomorrow morning!

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Thanks for the feedback @Wanda and @hamish22 .
It might be a case of asking the dealer direct.

Not good with the tow bar bolts @Wanda I'm assuming you have a Mitsubishi bar not an aftermarket one?
Scary to think what could have easily happened while towing your camper. Lucky you have been diligent and checked. I'll be checking mine when I get home tonight. It's not something that I've ever checked before.

Last edited:

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hi Wanda

Have they given you the weights yet as I am keen to compare?
No, not yet. We should be getting an email today or tomorrow with more detailed information, you know the one, the one that says how much more to pay and how to do it :biggrin:

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Thanks for the feedback @Wanda and @hamish22 .
It might be a case of asking the dealer direct.

Not good with the tow bar bolts @Wanda I'm assuming you have a Mitsubishi bar not an aftermarket one?
Scary to think what could have easily happened while towing your camper. Lucky you have been diligent and checked. I'll be checking mine when I get home tonight. It's not something that I've ever checked before.
Yes, Mitsubishi towbar fitted before pick-up from brand new. Puts a shiver up my spine every time I think of what could have happened.

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Hey @Wanda . sorry the :welcome: has taken a bit to come in from me - you have like 86 posts already. LOL Great looking pics and the 17th is not too far away now!
WOW about the bolts on your tow bar, what did Mitsubishi say when you called them?

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hey @Wanda . sorry the :welcome: has taken a bit to come in from me - you have like 86 posts already. LOL Great looking pics and the 17th is not too far away now!
WOW about the bolts on your tow bar, what did Mitsubishi say when you called them?
Husband has had some hiccups at work and hasn't had a chance to chase them up BUT I will let you know what happens, hopefully tomorrow!