16' Series The wait is excruciating!

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hi Wanda

Have they given you the weights yet as I am keen to compare?
Not yet @hamish22. We got the "how to pay" email but it didn't contain any information regarding the van. I have asked that they email us the weights and I'll let you know as soon as I get a reply.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Cheers Wanda!
It;s definately a lot of ball weight and I am carrying an extra 20kgs than that apparantley!:o

Did you get an extended draw bar and 2 gas bottles?

Bet you are pumping to get it home!
No extended draw bar, Mr. W wants it short to hopefully assist in maneuvering around our yard (tight fit:friendly_wink:) and yes 2 gas bottles.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hey @Wanda . sorry the :welcome: has taken a bit to come in from me - you have like 86 posts already. LOL Great looking pics and the 17th is not too far away now!
WOW about the bolts on your tow bar, what did Mitsubishi say when you called them?
Mr. W finally had a chance to have a 'friendly' chat with our Mitsubishi dealer who was, to say the least, gob smacked. He is tracing back to find the mechanic who fitted our tow bar. Mr. W suggested a swift kick up the a%*e might be in order :boxing-25:

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Insurance finally decided on and arranged, RAA if any Adelaidians are interested, liked the policy, the service and the price (thanks for the tip @BUSH PALACE). Unfortunately handover day came and went :(. On inspection at pick-up we discovered the pop-top when closed down did not fit squarely onto the van's body resulting in the latches on one side of the van not reaching the catches to lock down the roof. I has been rectified this afternoon and it will now be ready tomorrow. Pleased it was fixed so promptly (will look at how tomorrow!) and they even offered to deliver it to us if we wanted. Everything else went smoothly and all of the info shared on the forum has made the details given at hand-over heaps easier to remember and understand.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
On inspection at pick-up we discovered the pop-top when closed down did not fit squarely onto the van's body resulting in the latches on one side of the van not reaching the catches to lock down the roof. I has been rectified this afternoon and it will now be ready tomorrow. Pleased it was fixed so promptly (will look at how tomorrow!) and they even offered to deliver it to us if we wanted. Everything else went smoothly and all of the info shared on the forum has made the details given at hand-over heaps easier to remember and understand.

Am interested in hearing how they fixed it, as mine has developed the same problem.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Am interested in hearing how they fixed it, as mine has developed the same problem.
We had a similar issue while we were away in that it seemed the roof moved over to one side. We were still able to latch it though (just). Had them correct when in for first service/warranty when we got back and no problems, nice and centred. I would assume they have some sort of adjustment able to be made as the roofs would tend to move a little every now and then I guess.

BJ

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Eagerly awaiting more pics as I am sure you are to :)!

Fingers crossed for today...

Where is the first trip planned?
Some pics are coming, pick-up was yesterday morning. I've been very busy playing with the new toy. I'm all a dither :crazy:, got all this new space/cupboards and hardly anything to put in them. Over the last 10 years I've learnt to pack very lightly with the old Cavalier trailer tent now I've got space all over the place :clap2:. Looking at a short trip up to the Riverland to give it a little run in. Far enough to get a feel for it but not so far to give Mr. W. a nervous breakdown :highly_amused:!!
Mrs. W.

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Well after our first time going away with the Sport I have to report I'm in love :love: We are so pleased with the layout, storage, the difference in insulation compared to the camper (that would be none!), how it towed and surprise, surprise, THE MATTRESS!!! Like most, we have a few quality control issues but nothing major. I now have a newly found respect for caravan towing drivers, the main issues are how little lea-way other drivers give, how much wider than the car the van is and I'm shocked at the amount of road signs that protrude out into the road just waiting for a lapse of concentration, drifting slightly to one side of the lane could easily result in clipping one, especially on a road with a reasonable camber. Must remember to never leave or come home in peak hour traffic, just plain scary.
DSCF6246.JPG DSCF6262.JPG DSCF6351.JPG DSCF6353.JPG DSCF6354.JPG DSCF6405.JPG Mrs. Wanda loooooves her 'Sport'

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Cheers Wanda!
It;s definately a lot of ball weight and I am carrying an extra 20kgs than that apparantley!:o

Did you get an extended draw bar and 2 gas bottles?

Bet you are pumping to get it home!
Hi @hamish22, thought you might be interested to know. I've been nagging (who me!) Mr. W about getting a tow ball scale. Had a rain check on one at Sprint for about 5 weeks now and got sick of waiting, so now we have one from Repco. The dealer told us 220kg, compliance plate states 250kg, and the winner is........the tow ball scale = 275kg :o !!!!! Me thinks there will be some re-arranging of the spare tyre.

hamish22

May 12, 2013
West of Newcastle
www.grmotorsport.com.au
Hi @hamish22, thought you might be interested to know. I've been nagging (who me!) Mr. W about getting a tow ball scale. Had a rain check on one at Sprint for about 5 weeks now and got sick of waiting, so now we have one from Repco. The dealer told us 220kg, compliance plate states 250kg, and the winner is........the tow ball scale = 275kg :o !!!!! Me thinks there will be some re-arranging of the spare tyre.
Wow!
That.s nuts!
Mine states 240kg with a max of 270kg. Weighed it standard and it was 240kg, now with the under storage box, pole carrier plus bikes on the back it sits at about 190 to 200kg.

Just be careful you don't take too much off it though as I got mine down to 175kg at one stage and it became a bit taily!

cheers