Votes: 40 76.9%
  • Sticker Option 3

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey all if this is really going to take off then from this thread it seems buried within these posts is the ultimate design. So I was wondering if we agree to short list the designs so far (unless someone else has another design to contribute) and get a poll happening to finalize a design.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Maybe a forum admin could set a deadline for designs and then the poll could be conducted to come up with the top say 3, and then a secondary poll just on those 3 designs (unless there is a clear winner from the first pole) for the final.... I'm only suggesting to do it in two stages so that if there is a wide spread of votes, it gives the members who didn't vote for the top 3 a chance to have a say on the final design.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey expanda, what do you think? What do people also think about sending out a forum wide email offering everyone the opportunity to vote?

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I think just do one pole and the highest voted design wins. This will keep it simple.

Leave the pole open for maybe 2 weeks then this might enable a chance for the stickers to be ready for the Christmas holidays.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
I like the number 4 design as well. The map of oz clearly lets people know it is an aussie forum (even though we have a .com address) and even though it splits the name people can still find the forum easily from a google search. The only other thing is that now we are catering for all types of jayco vans would be to use a slightly modified text from Andrea's first design and say "The Jayco Friendly Forum"

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
We need to be careful using the word Jayco. I am sure they would not mind, but I think we need permission if we are using their name in any advertising. Which is what this sticker will do.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Number 4 looks good! When it's all final I might get a big round one made for a sprare wheel cover on the back. Good job Andrea!

Cheers.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hi all, thought I would chime in and let everyone know where this at...

Firstly to Andrea and anyone else who has made mockups, your designs are fantastic and your efforts are greatly appreciated by all members as you can see from the responses!!!!

Finally, there has been questions of polls / time frames etc etc my aim is to get this closed out in the next week via this method -

1) Member based poll on the design of the sticker and incorporation of this design to the website banner

Some issues we need to consider -

1) We have not landed on where the stickers are to be placed, if they go on drawbars its a bit a different story than putting it on the sides / rear of vans. The stickers would potentially need be different to what it is for metal and to keep costs down I would prefer we stick with one / two methods of application and go from there.

2) Sizing depending on the above we need to work out the optimal size for the stickers and also we need to consider wether it will fit on all van variants outback / non outback as obviously the draw bar size is smaller and bigger so how do we accommodate for that without needing to order a different sticker

3) Cost, once we have all the above sorted out then we can work out the costing for this

I personally would like to have all this closed out ASAP.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed this far we all really appreciate the group effort going into this!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
1Hi All
I've been watching this thread with interest, and here are my thoughts:
1. Great work to all who have tinkered with the design. My preference is clean and simple, so something like Andrea's no.4 is good. Personally, I would leave off the tag line. I like the general concept as it is smart looking, will match the colours and theme of the van, it is easy to read and will be instantly recognisable to forum members.
2. Placement; I was looking at other expandas in a C park on the long weekend and was thinking about sticker placement. I suspect that somewhere on the side of the van near the rear on the roadside would be a good spot. My theory is that it is generally not covered with annex/canvas/vehicle etc etc. I also think a second sticker front left side, or on the drawbar is a good idea.
3. My preference of size would be something like 100mm x 200mm. I dont think it needs to be huge, as long as it is recognisable whilst being passed going 100km/hr on the freeway! :)
4. Is there a name issue here? Expanda, do you have jaycosdownunder.com registered? Should that be the name on the sticker to encompass all models or is that something we will do down the track?

Just my thoughts, however it turns out it will be great to be able to spot another forum member on the road or at park. Well done guys.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hi all, thought I would chime in and let everyone know where this at...

Firstly to Andrea and anyone else who has made mockups, your designs are fantastic and your efforts are greatly appreciated by all members as you can see from the responses!!!!

Finally, there has been questions of polls / time frames etc etc my aim is to get this closed out in the next week via this method -

1) Member based poll on the design of the sticker and incorporation of this design to the website banner

Some issues we need to consider -

1) We have not landed on where the stickers are to be placed, if they go on drawbars its a bit a different story than putting it on the sides / rear of vans. The stickers would potentially need be different to what it is for metal and to keep costs down I would prefer we stick with one / two methods of application and go from there.

2) Sizing depending on the above we need to work out the optimal size for the stickers and also we need to consider wether it will fit on all van variants outback / non outback as obviously the draw bar size is smaller and bigger so how do we accommodate for that without needing to order a different sticker

3) Cost, once we have all the above sorted out then we can work out the costing for this

I personally would like to have all this closed out ASAP.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed this far we all really appreciate the group effort going into this!
Hey expanda just wondering where you are at with all of this? Any chance of keeping this moving by getting a poll up for people to vote on a design?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Yep I am doing that this weekend..... :)

Should have something up by tonight hopefully.

Just sorting through the designs Andreas has made up....

We already have a company lined up to do the stickers we just need to finalise the design!

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Big Fan of stickers. And before you ask the 90 sticker is for those motorists that want to sit on your tail. Seems to work. Sit on 100 mostly.
Bring on the POLL.
And well done to Andrea for showing initative!
Andrea, can you now organise a QLD meet too......
file.jpg

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Thanks all for your patience I have now loaded a poll at the top of the thread for you to cast your votes on three designs

First Point -

People where mentioning they wanted a sticker for the draw bar but the only problem is the complexity it will add due to the finish on the draw bar people may have trouble getting the stickers to stick correctly.

For now we will go with a standard vinyl cut sticker to place on the walls of your van some where :).

If people like them then I will look to getting differeing sizes / material etc but for now would like to keep it minimal to reduce cost outlay.

I hope you all understand....

Sizing -

At this point it sounds like people want to put them i differing places on there vans so its hard to have one size fits all my thinking is we go with two options as follows -

1) Small sticker on a white background 20cm's x 40cm's

2) Large vinyl cut sticker that you can put on your hard lid / front of van / car / house / boat / dog kennel / esky / ute etc 58cm x 83cm's

Personally I am gong to go with the following which could be overkill and I need permission from the minister of war and peace -

a) 2 x Vinyl cut stickers one for the front and one for the rear of the disco
b) One small sticker for the side of the van
c) One Vinyl cut sticker for the pathfinder

But I am open to ideas around this

Photo Options -

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/album.php?albumid=64

Option 1

expanda map grey.jpg

Option 2

expanda map outline left.jpg

Option 3

expanda map outline.jpg

Moving Forward -

If you could cast your votes and post up your thoughts and MOST IMPORTANTLY if you could give me an idea of how many stickers you would need so I can look at the costing.

Finally -

Thanks to everyone involved getting us to this point alot of work has gone into getting this to up and running and your efforts are very much appreciated by all!!!!

And a special thanks to Andrea for the creative designs, if you have not caught on already I am not the most graphical person around :) so many thanks Andrea for your efforts it is appreciated!
Cheers!