Starcraft Starcraft 20-62-3

Gazman57

Sep 4, 2013
Hi All First time poster and owners of a Starcraft 2011 20.62-3 (bunk bed type) great van and we have had no issues of any concern since purchase in September 2011. We did select underslung axle option Ibis A/C extra battery and control panel, with a slide out pantry in the second of the cupboards near the bunk beds, trifold dinette table and an outside gas bayonet fitting and fold up OS table. Although we upgraded with oven option and 150 litre Fridge, we would have gone bigger with the next size separate freezer fridge model in hindsight. All the things we thought we needed including the off chance we will baby sit grand children some day on holidays hence the bunk beds. Only problem now the chief of domestic affairs has fallen in love with the ensuite versions and pushing for a change and reckons we can make do with a café dinette bed conversion if it came to babysitting. So after 4 trips around 5000kms in total its back to the drawing board so will reluctantly be looking at selling this and wishing to keep peace with she who must be obeyed I will have to go into the classified section once I know how to do this. We are looking at the StarCraft OB 19.61,2 due to height clearances as I loved the underslung axle, so if anyone has any feedback on these eg Beam axle or Independent suspension option it would be great. Gazman57

Sandk33

Sep 12, 2013
Afternoon ,We currently are sitting beside the Murray (Cobram) after picking up our new 20;62.3 on 3rd sept.
We have the ibis ,stereo inside and outside , tv, solar only have the 110lt fridge 8501 micro wave on top with cupboard above, control panel.

We have a 3 year old Sterling Poptop (which i will post on here for sale) at home which has the works and is fantastic and as much as we love it ,it comes a sad second to the new Starcraft , simple things like get into bed with all light on, hit a switch as you dive under the covers and they go off . Like computers , vans today are superseded by technology before you leave the showroom......I love it.

We did the factory tour when we picked it up (from the factory) if you are like us and love the product give yourself a treat and go and see them born.

Kevin and Sandra

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Afternoon ,We currently are sitting beside the Murray (Cobram) after picking up our new 20;62.3 on 3rd sept.
We have the ibis ,stereo inside and outside , tv, solar only have the 110lt fridge 8501 micro wave on top with cupboard above, control panel.

We have a 3 year old Sterling Poptop (which i will post on here for sale) at home which has the works and is fantastic and as much as we love it ,it comes a sad second to the new Starcraft , simple things like get into bed with all light on, hit a switch as you dive under the covers and they go off . Like computers , vans today are superseded by technology before you leave the showroom......I love it.

We did the factory tour when we picked it up (from the factory) if you are like us and love the product give yourself a treat and go and see them born.

Kevin and Sandra
Agree. The factory tour is really worth the effort, all the more so if you pick up your van after lunch!

Reactions: Stan53

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
OK - just putting it out there.... Our new van is built and will be picked up in about ten days time. Can't wait!
(20.62-3 Outback, single beds, built in bunks, extra hatches, drawers, solar....... photos will follow as I've not seen the single bed configuration. We think this will give us all the advantages of the floor space an Expanda gives you with the manourvability of a 20 foot van... the perfect compromise? Stay tuned for a 'review!' It will be biased I'm sure!)

Gazman57

Sep 4, 2013
So we finally said goodbye to our loved StarCraft 20.62.3 when we picked up our new StarCraft 19.61.2 Outback, got all the extras we needed and cant wait to take her out on the shake down trip in January.

Attachments

• IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 334
Reactions: Joanne

Joanne

Dec 10, 2013
Adelaide
Hi Gazman, We have the same van for nearly 6 weeks now and have been away for 2 weekends and absolutely love it!! Did you get the Independent Suspension? I would love to hear what extras you put on.

I am only new (first post here actually) to this forum and haven't yet put our van up yet so will be great to compare.

We went from a 2009 Sterling 19.6 to the Starcraft OB 19.6 and find everything about this van to be awesome.

Cheers

Jo

Gazman57

Sep 4, 2013
Hello Jo,
Apart from the standard TV provision, new Wyngard antennae, we went with the Bike Racks, extended A Frame with mesh grill, upgraded the two hatches to the 4 seasons version, external speakers, outside BBQ Bayonet fitting, full size fridge freezer, 100 AMP Battery and control panels, outside foldup table, IBIS A/c, separate drinking water tap with filter, and reversing camera. We did not go with the independent suspension for two reasons one the Jayco OB is a soft-roader and the odd rough roads we will ever do would be accommodated easily by the current beam suspension. Even our dealer believed it would not be money well spent if this was done, as to use it on the really rough tracks may come at the expense of possible damage that Jayco mention in their product warnings in their handbook. Secondly after reading all the forum topics of beam v independent suspension I could not find enough argument to go this way also given the extra weight it would add for the roads we will generally travel. My wife and I chose the OB as it was the main reason apart from the ensuite luxury was the way it looks and value for money, whilst still remaining with the StarCraft series.
Gazman

Last edited:
Reactions: Joanne