Sprung Mattress

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
I was looking at the innerspring but not so sure after reading lots of bad reports. Just spent our first (easter) weekend in our van and didn't find the foam mattress too bad and I have a shot back. Will be looking at the egg shell topper I think though.

We have the foam mattress. We have tried sleeping on it both with and without the egg foam topper. Andrew wasn't impressed either way, he got up looking 20 years older than he is, aching and sore. I wasn't too bad, although did find the foam mattress way to firm, no give at all, and found the foam topper was making me too hot.
So onto the custom mattress mod for us.

Fraserdal

Feb 25, 2013
Perth WA
We have the foam mattress. We have tried sleeping on it both with and without the egg foam topper. Andrew wasn't impressed either way, he got up looking 20 years older than he is, aching and sore. I wasn't too bad, although did find the foam mattress way to firm, no give at all, and found the foam topper was making me too hot.
So onto the custom mattress mod for us.
Thanks Lara

I've seen the bed mod levelling the bed end so a custom mattress can be used. May have to have a crack at that.

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
We have the innerspring OE and don't have any issues with them. Don't get hot and I don't feel the zip. Model of van is Sep 2012.

Just a question for those that do have the eggshell toppers, do you fold your beds up with them on?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We have the innerspring OE and don't have any issues with them. Don't get hot and I don't feel the zip. Model of van is Sep 2012.

Just a question for those that do have the eggshell toppers, do you fold your beds up with them on?
yes antman just leave the fitted sheet over the top no probs.Our back bed the end support bar is tight against the wardrobe and bunkend but i just force a stubbie holder in on both sides to stop it rubbing.

Reactions: Antman

Blip59

Oct 24, 2010
Perth WA
does it make any difference to the front bed folding up if you leave the eggshell topper on seeing as the front bed has no lock system on it

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
does it make any difference to the front bed folding up if you leave the eggshell topper on seeing as the front bed has no lock system on it
I would also love to hear from anyone who leaves the front eggshell on while folding up bed!
i have just bought a memory foam topper and it seems to hold bed out a little further than whithout it.
it still shuts ok but i dont want to cause any damage to the lid by putting pressure on it!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Maybe but we have a dinnete model layout and the couch/dining seats backs against the mattress/bed.

We also have removed the small piece of the mattress so it doesn't push on the canvas, that could be difference :)
This is our layout before throwing the innerspring on hard rubbish and replacing it with a foam :yo:
099.jpg

Hit the road

Oct 25, 2012
Frankston Vic
Yeah they are the same!
by taking out the small piece, do you have issues re size of bed?
my missus is like a furnace and i need to keep well away (except for conjugal visits on the odd occasion)
ours puts presure on the hard lid when closing!
i do have a small ipad/book holder also which wouldnt help!!!

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
ok just my piece of advice im a heavy person i had foam in my swan bad hip aches i camp 10 nights at the time
looking for air bed anything better than the bed.brought a expanda 2013 model no problem with the split piece hips didnt ache as much the front quarter piece i never slept on due to me thinking back piece was just as thick as the front piece,wrong its about half the thickness so i think im goner sleep on the front quarter from now on havent tryed it yet,i use a memory foam 5cm thickness i used to roll up with mattress but putting beds up was a bit hard much easier taking the memory foam of the beds,i noticed the beds ends had cracks near hinges got this fixed through warranty maybe was due to stress of trying to fold beds up with memory foam on mattress its not worth it takes a extra 2 minutes role it separate alot easier to,i wouldnt go back to foam but being a heavy person wished the back 3 quarter of mattress was thicker maybe really repends on the size of person you are i suppose,read a lot of posts about the zipper being a problem i dont find this a problem at all

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
Yeah they are the same!
by taking out the small piece, do you have issues re size of bed?
my missus is like a furnace and i need to keep well away (except for conjugal visits on the odd occasion)
ours puts presure on the hard lid when closing!
i do have a small ipad/book holder also which wouldnt help!!!
We've never had a problem with the small piece removed Hit the road and have never missed it once it was removed.
There is a few other members with it removed too, maybe try it and see how it goes ;)

Greg

May 31, 2012
Blacksmiths NSW
Just had the last sleep on the crappy innerspring mattress, after the long weekend, and plenty of 375ml painkillers I cant handle it. Went to Makin Mattresses and ordered a new one with the join down the middle, Im going to do the lift and pack and hopefully fix Jayco's problem.

Greg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Just had the last sleep on the crappy innerspring mattress, after the long weekend, and plenty of 375ml painkillers I cant handle it. Went to Makin Mattresses and ordered a new one with the join down the middle, Im going to do the lift and pack and hopefully fix Jayco's problem.

Greg
Nice one Greg. You will never look back with this mod.

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
i think in alot of these issue might involve when the mattress are made i got my new van in oct 2012 and inner spring fine alot of threads i read was earlier than this date all had problems maybe jayco new mattress are better than the old just a thought