Sprung Mattress

Blip59

Oct 24, 2010
Perth WA
Hello all what are peoples views or experiences with inner sprung mattresses thinking of up grading our main on our 16 49 1

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Would never have an Expanda bed without a inner spring mattress ever again. There just so comfortable and you don't sweat unlike the foam.

Skip

Blip59

Oct 24, 2010
Perth WA
Would never have an Expanda bed without a inner spring mattress ever again. There just so comfortable and you don't sweat unlike the foam.

Skip
very interested as all i hear is good vibes i see you are in perth too did your van come with the mattress or did you purchase in WA if so where from

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Blip59

I have had a swan which had a foamy and also one Expanda as well. But the last one I ordered with an inner spring mattresses and I haven't looked back since.
I have seen secondhand ones on eBay once. But as for over here I think you might be struggling. I think you might have to order one through caravanland. I could be wrong, someone else may come up with maybe a better idea.
The Expandas now come out standard with inner spring mattresses.

Skip

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Yeah, like Bushman I've heard the innersprings are terrible, especially for the person sleeping on the seam.
Were not loving the foam though, it's way to firm with no give. My husband wakes up feeling like he's been hit by a truck, so for us we are looking at custom made innersprings with a centre seam. Beds direct in Melbourne will freight interstate! And they have done a few customs mattresses for Expanda owners. Might be worth looking into!

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Inner springs are great for us but we have a bed each - me at the front and my wife at the back, so the join issue does not arise - and not having to crawl over someone to get out of bed! Visiting rights do exist however! I agree that Jayco should have sorted this problem out by now (that others are experiencing). Still a great van though......

Johnstons

Aug 10, 2012
Anywhere in the great outdoors
We have innerspring up the grown up end and foam on the kids bed which I have slept on only once and it was like a rock!!!! No give at all. Kids find it fine but I have since bought them a egg topper just so I feel better.
We love our mattress but we do have an egg topper and an overlay just to eradicate the feel of the zip.(which is where mum sleeps)

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
we have got the foam with extra thick woolen overlaycovers (from ebay) they are sooo comfortable we heard a few negative comments on inner spring and can't complain about the foam

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
We had an expanda with foam and put an eggshell overlay....beautiful Yao sleep on. We now have Jayco's wonderful inner sprung mattress...not! Have put a topper on and it's good but to be honest I would prefer the foam. If its old foam it may have sunk but we had ours from new and it was great.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Hello all

I am shocked as to how many people here are not happy with there innerspring mattress. Maybe I should have a go at the egg shell topper and see how I go.
Too me it beats sleeping on foam though but I will try anything once within reason.
M mmm egg shells.
Jurry out right now - but I will let ya know how I go with the egg shells.:)

Skip

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
We are like Bill me one end and the wife the other we have the eggshell topper and very happy with the innerspring although they are new my brother is starting to have issues with his innerspring but he has to sleep on the join.

Fraserdal

Feb 25, 2013
Perth WA
I was looking at the innerspring but not so sure after reading lots of bad reports. Just spent our first (easter) weekend in our van and didn't find the foam mattress too bad and I have a shot back. Will be looking at the egg shell topper I think though.