SO VICTORIA WERE YOU ALL GOING FOR MELBOURNE CUP WEEK END

Big Al

Jul 23, 2012
We are off to Merrimbula in our 16 49 1 outback for the cup weekend and staying at tween waters for a week

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I`m workin a couple of overtime shifts this weekend but heading away next weekend to Lake Beaufort CP as we get Ballarat show day next friday not cup day.

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
I'm taking my 6 year old to Astro camp in snake valley (sounds fake right?) four nights glamping and stargazing :)

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
There are about 20 groups here, most with big, expensive telescopes looking at the stars and planets. So far tonight there is too much cloud but they are all saying it will clear up. The biggest telescope is about 2.5 meters long and about half a meter in diameter.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
There are about 20 groups here, most with big, expensive telescopes looking at the stars and planets. So far tonight there is too much cloud but they are all saying it will clear up. The biggest telescope is about 2.5 meters long and about half a meter in diameter.
Sounds like one 6 y.o. and a bigger kid going to have some educational fun. I always include telescope/astro binoculars in the kit when going away from bright city lights.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
We are off to Merrimbula in our 16 49 1 outback for the cup weekend and staying at tween waters for a week
Hope your stay at Tween Waters goes okay we changed at the last minute to Merimbula Beach Resort and Caravan Park. They hadn't informed us that the ensuite site we booked back in May was now directly next to the construction works of the new unfinished water park and that they had demolished the playground. I must say they were extremely apologetic that they hadn't called to inform us and gave us full refund and the promise of discount to stay once it was finished.

We have been stoked with Merimbula Beach Resort and Caravan Park the kids activities and facilities are awesome and heaps of new friends to keep our five year old busy. It's a beautiful part of the world here, as one of my Qld mates referred to it as Victoria's Gold Coast!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
We have been stoked with Merimbula Beach Resort and Caravan Park the kids activities and facilities are awesome and heaps of new friends to keep our five year old busy. It's a beautiful part of the world here, as one of my Qld mates referred to it as Victoria's Gold Coast!

But Merimbula's in NSW....;)
(typical Queenslander:bolt:)................lol

Reactions: AzHaych

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
We crossed to the dark side. Left the Outback in the driveway and took the trailer sailer to the Gippsland Lakes. Lots of outdoor stuff, catch up with friends, BBQs, wine, more wine, and you get to sail also. Next trip to Gippsland end Nov with van and catch up with friends, and.......

Also, on the way out saw a couple of Expanda's towed by black 4 wd dual cab utes. Wondered if it was any from here.

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
Yeah it's a great park. Lost count of how many laps on the deadly following the younger kids around I've done. Nice walk into town or a great walk/ ride along the coast at the top of the park. What about the toilets, best I've seen

Big Al

Jul 23, 2012
Hope your stay at Tween Waters goes okay we changed at the last minute to Merimbula Beach Resort and Caravan Park. They hadn't informed us that the ensuite site we booked back in May was now directly next to the construction works of the new unfinished water park and that they had demolished the playground. I must say they were extremely apologetic that they hadn't called to inform us and gave us full refund and the promise of discount to stay once it was finished.

View attachment 18022
View attachment 18023
View attachment 18025
Just got back from tween water caravan park to day. Found the park to be very nice.We had the same problem to start of with.We booked a certain spot and they later rang and told us about the work going and changed our spot which ended up being the best spot.People were very friendly at the park .
View attachment 18022
View attachment 18023
View attachment 18025

Zammm

Jun 13, 2013
Melbourne
We were at the Beachfront CP also. I had thought ibooked the Big 4 and when I called to confirm to be told I had no booking. Freaked me out so I called Beachfront and that's where I was booked all along. Great placed, excellent facilities, super clean amenities, loved the beach...... And the list goes on and on. I have rebooked for next year and snatched up 5 sites for a friends weekend in Feb....

Reactions: Pace

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
We were at the Beachfront CP also. I had thought ibooked the Big 4 and when I called to confirm to be told I had no booking. Freaked me out so I called Beachfront and that's where I was booked all along. Great placed, excellent facilities, super clean amenities, loved the beach...... And the list goes on and on. I have rebooked for next year and snatched up 5 sites for a friends weekend in Feb....
Great spot. We were a road back from the pillow with 4 sites. She blew a Gail one day and night so we had to pull the awning in.

Zammm

Jun 13, 2013
Melbourne
Ha ha yeah us to. We were at the back, along the beach. I would have biked past your van at least 100 times that weekend - following the kids around.

BLJM

Nov 7, 2013
chirnside park
Ha same here I done more riding in 5days than I've done all year. I guess that's why your looking at getting the flap bars think we need to get them as well