SO VICTORIA WERE YOU ALL GOING FOR MELBOURNE CUP WEEK END

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
So Victoria were you off to for melbourne cup weekend any places you like to go maybe could have a get together and meet other familys and get our Expandas out. ?

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Nar Tuesday a day off but most take Monday off as well good chance to get van out and go some were.

Gibbo

Mar 17, 2013
Bayside
Off to Willisons porm, providing I get a spot in the ballot. You cannot book into the ballot until the first of September. Hpoe all goes to plan

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Not sure yet we don't get the long weekend we get Ballarat show day I was toying with going to Barwon Heads for a couple of nights,Brad is booked in already.

jeff

Mar 4, 2013
200km south of Perth
Used to go to Eildon Weir as a kid, on the Delatite Arm, out through Mansfield, Goughs Bay. Mum & Dad used to know someone who would give them a key to let them into the pine plantation owned by the Forestry Commission. It's a bit different the last time I was there, but thats where I would go, somewhere there are no facilities !

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
Off to Inverloch big4 till Wednesday after cup day, then onto Bright for the hot rod run. Should be a great week away from work and of course family time.
Cheers
greynt

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
We head up to Bright for the long weekend.
Head up on the Friday and leave on the Wednesday but unfortunately this year my wife now has to work on the Wednesday so we'll be heading home with everyone else on the Tuesday.

There's usually about 6-8 families we go away with for a good catch up.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We are booked at Barwon Heads. Planning to leave on the Wed'. We live on the other side of the bay so we will catch the ferry, to save the city drive and a bit of fun for the kids.

Peter Brennan

Aug 10, 2013
Cranbourne North Victoria
We have been to the Grampians before, for the Cup weekend. We are new to the Expanda experience, so we have not been there yet with the new van. We traded out Goldstream RV Star 1 full off road camper for the Expander, and loving it. So not really sure where to go at this point, but would love to camp with other Expanda's.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Welcome Peter. I think there will be a couple of us there at Barwon Heads. It can be hard to get a spot as it is very seasonal where the same families come back each year. We have decided this year to leave Wed' morning this year as we felt we missed the fun of the cup because we were packing to leave. Kids will still make school, just miss a couple hours.

Geoff

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Barwon Heads sounds nice place were exactly is it and what park you all staying at ph number could have a get together for a bbq and drinks is there any kids going we in gippsland so how far would it be.

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Off to Merimbula NSW for 5 nights via Lakes Entrance on the way for a night and on the way home for a night. We're staying at Big4 Whiters Holiday Village in Lakes on the way to Big4 Tween Waters Resort in Merimbula and the Eastern Beach Holiday Park in Lakes in the way home. Getting out of Victoria for Cup weekend for the first time in a long time, can't wait!